Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning

Good Morning all of my fellow Cruisemates!

Wednesday here in upper East Tennessee promises to be what they call "One of the ten best of the year" with a sun drenched high of around 70 F forecasted.

It is especially wonderful as a result of Fran's blood tests yesterday. She had been feeling extremely run down for over almost a week prior to yesterday and her symptoms led us to believe the other shoe had dropped. We're of course alway apprehensive every month (it's tough living with such dread in the back of one's mind but it's part of the nature of the two types of cancer from which she suffers). We are therefore so especially thankful that our fears for the worst were unfounded. It now appears that she was probably suffering one of her periodic "bad days" which then segued into a flu shot reaction.

This morning I opened up one of those periodic e-mails from Royal Caribbean. The first thing I noticed was some kind of new attraction at Labadee (some kind of coaster) and out of curiosity clicked on it. The page not only explained the attraction but was apparently Adam Goldstein's Blog. I give 'em credit for publishing on the net the comments because out of about twenty or so, only one, maybe two were in the least flattering. Most were strong complaints about slipping service, diminishing quality of food, extra charges and especially the great drop in perks for repeat cruisers. What to me gave some of the claims validity was there were more than several from repeat cruisers and apparently well heeled passengers one of whom was so disgusted he and his wife were leaving Royal after 33 cruises. I couldn't believe there weren't more people satisfied enough to come out and say so.

Normally, those who write about their experiences are those who are either extremely satisfied and those who aren't. What I found amazing was the close to total lack of satisfaction expressed to only one of the opposite feeling. I do hope the opinions aren't indicative of the average cruiser who sails Royal Caribbean. We've always been extremely well pleased.

The last thing was of what I believe are amazing deals for those who are able to cruise on short notice. There are some truly significant bargains especially on 10 -12 night cruises.

I'll close today by saying that special prayers are going out to Delft (you may wish to check out her posting of earler today) who is going through a very rough period indeed) along with prayers for all of those on the list accompanied by blessings on everyone. Hope you'uns have a fantastic Wednesday.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, well morning, but doesnt feel to good. Todd glad Frans tests are OK. Not much on tap that is new, just mainly caregiving and taking the days as they come. Have a good day every one.
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am excited to hear that Fran is doing so good. That is great news.

Delft you are in my heart and prayers and on my mind. Hang in there.

Well I keep procrastinating, can't seem to get in the groove of getting this house in order. I just don't feel like it . I want to goof off.

I have a very busy month ahead of me and really need to get my act together.

Oh well manana.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' Todd, Delft, and all the other "Mates". Todd, I'm amazed that RCI published all those complaints, but frankly, that's exactly why I too left RCI, and haven't sailed them in 2 years or so. IMO, their service and quality keeps going down, and their prices keep going up. On the other hand, We've done 11 Carnival cruises in the past two years, and have been exceptionally satisfied with every aspect of those cruises, and especially the value received for the money spent. I just booked "Glory" on short notice, and we'll be sailing for $54 per day! I EAT more than that!
Got to run, but I hope y'all have a GREAT day. Delft, I'm especially thinking, and praying for you and your family.

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
This will be my last am post for a while, as I leave for Fll tomorrow for a 2 day precruise, to dine with pals, &, shop my heart out

If anyone is heading there you need to try Catfish Deweys...I am also going to try Primanti Bros...a famous place in Pittsburgh, where the french fries and cole slaw are on the sandwich..I have seen this place on tv many times ...so, I am glad Fll, now has one...

Todd, so glad Fran is in a good place, and, Delf, xoxoxo to you

Make it a good one. See ya when I get back..xoxoxoxoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I awoke early feeling just fine. However, about an hour ago, I started feeling those little electric shocks going through my body. When I feel this I usually have a fever. (Or Betty is hitting the button on my shock collar )

Sure enough I just took my temp and it's 101.2. I guess I have contracted my granddaughter's illness. The interesting thing is that other than the "shocks", I feel fine. BTW: Granddaughter is doing just fine and will go back to school tomorrow. The school doesn't want any child back until they are three days "fever and symptom free".

Todd: I'm glad to hear that Fran is getting good reports!!

Delft: All my best thoughts and wishes are going out to your Mom. I know my Mom benefited, at least mentally, from all the positive thoughts of the CM crowd.

In regard to Royal Caribbean: You really have to take the comments with a grain of salt and a critical eye. People complain when things go wrong but rarely when things go right.

Having said that: I haven't cruised Royal Caribbean in four years. My four cruises, while fun, were nothing great and the food (which is important to me) was, just plain, mediocre. Since then Royal Caribbean has done nothing to really entice me to go back. Their "innovations" aren't the ones I'm looking for in a cruise.

Well: I guess I better get to doing something before I actually start to feel sick.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from in the upper 60's, Virginia Beach. After going to the gym, I showered and went to Dillards; they had a 40% off of the original 70% off sale. (I became friendly with a sales lady and she always tells me when the sales are starting). I must admit that I had a "field day" buying clothing for my grandchildren, and of course, myself. Todd, it was good news to hear about Fran. All of our fellow cruisemates keep you and Fran in our prayers. May all my fellow cruisemates enjoy the blissful coolness of the fall.
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. I found out late yesterday that we had tsunami warnings. Fortunately, they didn't amount to anything.

We're starting out late today.

Have a good mid-week day!

Judy
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Good late afternoon Mates, I had to run out of here early this morning, so I didn't get a chance to check in till now!

We did a 4 hour round trip today, running errands, doing some shopping and going to the gym at the "Y". Everything is a good drive from where we live, but it is also always a pleasant, scenic drive everywhere we go, so we enjoy it. No traffic, no pollution, just beautiful countryside changing colours in the fall!

Last night our good friends came over to help us celebrate James' birthday and out anniversary. They brought a home-made chocolate torte famously from a Viennese Hotel. It had dark chocolate and a layer of apricot preserves, all served with fresh whipped cream - it was magnificent!

They also brought us some locally made maple wine, which we finished off, and a good time was had by all! Slept like a baby last night!

Tonight we're going out to the pub for dinner and Trivia, got to get in training for our cruise in November!

donna