Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Saturday!

Another beautiful sunny fall morning here in Caribou River.

Today, there is a Community Market taking place near our home. I'm not sure what that entails, but we will check it out! Might be a good chance to meet some of our not-so-close neighbours in the community.

I must take a break from painting today. My painting hand is so arthritic I can barely hold my mug of tea, and my back is killing me.
I got new paint yesterday and couldn't wait to cover the kitchen walls, so I worked feverishly until 10 pm. It was a lot of finicky trim work as there are alot of windows and 1/2 wall with trim. I have yet to attempt climbing up over the cupboards and behind the sink, stove and fridge to do the rest....

Mike, hope you are feeling better by now, rest up and get rid of that nasty flu!
Delft, enjoy your "night off" and dinner out!
Jen, take some time for yourself today!

donna
Old October 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from a dark and cool day and of course rain.
RD enjoy the break from painting. Once it is all done you will be happy.
I am on my way to an adoption clinic soon and then back to my mothers where I have been already. DS left very early as he is seeing the Dali Lama today. He is at the Bell centre tonight, but he got a personal invatation to meet him this morning along with other students .The Dali Lama wanted to speak to future graduates of his faculty and specialty. It is quite something to to be doing this for a kid his age. I am looking forward to dinner out tonight, and while dust bunnies call me for their removal, I will enjoy dinner and they will enjoy another day adorning the house till tomorrow.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Rollerdonna and Delft from Virginia Beach. I was out early hitting some garage sales; there were several church sales and I must admit, I had a "field day". At one garage sale I picked up an original piece of artwork from an artist that was one of my professors when I took a few courses at Tidewater Community College. The person who ran this garage sale, let this original, framed piece of artwork go for $5.00; I couldn't believe my good fortune! Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!! Been a while for me on the morning posts due to work and a mad whirl of showers, a wedding and other such things.

Things are going well in my part of the world and I can't complain except for how far away my next cruise is. At least we have Key West and stepdaughter #3's wedding in January.

We are also looking towards cruising or a land vacation in Hawaii in 2011 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Unfortunately the Cruisemates cruise is not possible for us.

The triplets are growing up and doing fine (see picture) at nine months. Our next granddaughter is due in early November. Unfortunately I have a business trip to Seattle the first week of November and Marj can't join me in case the little one is early.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

l to r: Veronica, Carey and Lucia (the cheeky little devil sticking her tongue out )

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Doug: The kids look great. Dang cute!

Donna: Don't let the paint fumes get to you.

Delft: A personal visit with the Dali Lama. That's cool!!

Balabusta: My wife too loves garage sales. I really do think she has a garage sale radar. She can track one down like a hunting dog on a bird. My entire house is decorated in vintage "garage and estate" decor.

Well; my fever is down and I feel that I have more energy but I have the stuffed head feeling. If this thing turns into a $#&ing cold I will really be a grump. I'll take body aches and 102 fever over a head cold.

Oh well: I guess I better get moving and enjoy feeling better for however long it lasts.

Have a great Saturday!!!!!
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I have to make this snappy, because I am on a mission to get this house clean and I am taking a quick break after sending d/h to the store for a few items. I took my glasses off somewhere. Now I can't find them and so if I have a lot of type o's forgive me. The Applefest is going on downtown and there is plenty going on down there. It is a cold overcast day in the 50's and the wind is chilling, so later after I have had my fill of cleaning I may reward myself with a trip down there to check it all out.

Not much else happening here. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........cooler temps have set in.....but it's suppose to be low 70's for next Friday........will be nice for our sail-away.........

Mike........glad you're feeling better.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It'd definitely Fall here in Calgary. Talk of snow over the weekend. EEK. Golf season seems to be done

Had yet another new live-in caregiver start at my mother's this week (the third in two months). Seems I've been spending the majority of my time interviewing people. This one seems very nice, and clean, so I have some hope that they will get along.

Mrs. Kuki completed her contract, and is off work until next March, so we're back to having two of us at home together. OH OH. We've begun to plan several trips south to Arizona to escape much of the winter.

I should have been leaving tomorrow for Venice and the CruiseMates Ventian Fantasy group cruise... but life got in the way. Know I am going to miss a great cruise and they're all going to have too much fun without me.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Saturday

Good morning from sunny Southern California. The weather mavens tell us that there will be a 20-degree drop in temps, but they predict 90 today in Pasadena. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.

Donna, you're makin' me ache!
Doug nice to see you post. That's a cute pic.
Mike, glad you're feeling better.
Kuki, nice to see you posting, too!

Not much planned here. I'm getting bored with the same old, same old, so there's gotta be something out there that's fun to do.

Judy
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default kuki

We will miss you Kuki. I planned this cruise to be with you and Geela however life will get in our ways.

See you on the next one.

We will be flying tomorrow on USAirways MCO to PHL to VCE. Should be a good flight and a 2 day stay at the RUSSOTT Hotel. Gonna try to book a tour to Padua after we board the ship on Oct 8th. Wanted to see that City with all its old Reglious stuff.

C U.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone.

Hope everyone's day went wonderfully and that you enjoyed the Apple Fest, Beenie Weenie. They have one about thirty miles from here in a little town named Erwin but about six thousand people go and well.....I had my share of crowds in New York.

Likewise for Jonesboro (the oldest town in Tennessee). When I was a kid it was just a run down albeit historic little bitty town. It rejuvenated itself however and has now become the Story Telling Capital of the world and people come from all around the country and even from overseas one weekend a year for the huge Story Telling Festival. Only when we passed through today on our way shopping did I figure out this was the weekend.

You've of course come and gone now, Rollerdonna, but I'd best your community market is something along the lines of our Farmers Market in town where you can purchas locally grown produce, pies, cakes and other items as well as crafts. They hold it every Saturday during the summer.

Delft, that is really some honor for your son. I'm sure I speak for all when I say I'd like to hear how his visit with the Dali Lama went. Also, I'm so glad you're going to get a bit of a break this evening.

The children are just precious Doug. I'm sure they wouldn't be even a tad spoiled by you, now would they?

Balabusta, Virginia Beach (and especially Captain George's) still dominate Fran's and my conversations with each other. We can't wait until next Fall and we return. We're didn't realize that we were still so hooked after two and a half decades of absence from "the Beach."

So glad you're doing better Mike. How you are able to put up with your health issues and still have that bright sunny outlook you constantly exhibit is strong testimony to an outstanding personalityl.

Hope both you LS80 and you Ray and Helen as well as everyone else shortly to embark have glorious cruises. As I write, I'll bet Trip is sure having a ball!

Todd
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Admiral

I have a confession to make... I never made it to the Applefest. D/H and I discovered a hole in the ceiling of the kids bathroom (that will teach me to do spring cleaning in the fall!) anywho the flashing around the bathroom roof vent had become brittle and was cracking. D/H and I were climbing around the attic trying to figure out what was causing the problem and realized that all of the pvc vent flashing needed replaced. So I sent d/h off to the hardware store to get the needed stuff and luckily we got 'er done. I think tonight after dinner I will run into town and get a small piece of dry wall and textured ceiling stuff so we can repair the interior damage tomorrow. Pray that we can go and buy a clue how to fix this stupid thing grrrr.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Todd, if you and Fran plan on returning to Virginia Beach, I would suggest that you order the 2010 Entertainment Book. Not only do you save on going out to restaurants, but there are several museum discount coupons in the book. Also, check with Resorts Condominium International to see if you can rent a timeshare unit. Not only is it bigger than a hotel room, timeshare units have cooking facilities if you want to have a casual breakfast, or just to save some money on your meals. Rob and I own three timeshare weeks; two in North Carolina and one in Palm Springs, California and have found timesharing to be a wonderful travel experience!