Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Default Wet, wet, Thursday!

Morning Mates, from a very soggy Caribou River.
It rained most of yesterday, all night and it's still coming down. We now have a duck pond on the front lawn, all we need are some ducks....

Yesterday I took a break from painting and did some more unpacking and organizing in the garage, plus some decorating. Today after Aquafitness, I will continue the painting, as some spots need a 2nd coat...

Hope everyone is having a more interesting Thursday.....

donna
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna and to all the others that will follow -

It's wet here as well which is playing havoc with the farmers - dh was working so well yesterday with the combine and getting a lot done but now he's been put on hold for at least 2-3 days - seems to do this though every year!

After today the temps are predicted to drop significantly - and yesterday we had frost - Mother Nature is really showing off early this year - I wonder what she has up her sleeve for us this winter!!??

Well, have to get back to work - been here since 6:00 a.m., so time to get serious again -

I hope everyone has a great day - and prayers and blessings for all!
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from an over cast day, which matches my very down mood. I am exhausted and feel everything sucked out of me. I have the same feeling when i cared for my brother as he died of lung Ca and yet more so now because of the issues with my sister. We are in the last weeks now, I just have to hang in there now. Have a great day.
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope everyone is well. Delft my thoughts are with you.

My brother should be going into surgery about now. Hopefully all will go well for him and perhaps he'll get another chance to make positive changes. Regardless he has a long road ahead of him if he makes it through this surgery OK.

The inlaws should be arriving tomorrow. Luckily I have someone coming tomorrow morning to help me to put the finishing touches on the house and so all will be well I think.

It is supposed to rain cats and dogs over the next 24 hours, hopefully we'll have a nice weekend once the clouds clear. It is supposed to get down into the 30's at night, so I finally got the plants in yesterday, now I onpatrol with the squirt bottle to keep the cat out of them. She likes to dig in the dirt and I'm praying she doesn't think they are a new kind of litter box

Well I better get cracking. plenty to do around here. Have a good day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Captain

Cloudy and foggy here this morning. Been busy since 5 am so I am taking a break and catching up on all the mates.

Delft- so sorry you are down. Will say a prayer for you in hopes you will be lifted up some.

We got some really good news from the insurance company yesterday, they are going to cover almost all of the repairs on our motorhome. It is a long story but the short version is it is going to be fixed!! I was beginning to worry about where we would get the funds to fix it if they didn't but now we can breath easier. It will be in the shop most of the winter being rebuilt but that is ok we don't need it again until spring. It puts a halt in our plans to go to Florida for about 3 wks in Jan. but that is ok. We will now only go for our cruise and stay a couple extra days. Hubby wants to hit a few golf balls while down there with some of our snowbird friends.

Our area has been hit with the N1H1 virus. There are several cases reported in the school system but no one is in serious condition, Thank the Lord! Sad thing is a 14 yr old passed away from it last weekend. He was from the Huntington, WV area and we know his grandparents. This has to be so hard for them. This was the 3rd death from the virus. The other 2 were adults and both were nurses. They had other health problems that didn't help when the virus hit them. We are all on germ patrol around here. My daughter is so worried that the kids will get it but all we can do is pray and try to fight it.

Donna - Sorry you are getting so much rain but isn't that better than Snow!

Beenie, we were in Richmond, In. on Sat. night. Don't know if that is close to you or not but just wanted to let you know. Had a very nice trip over and back even though it was a little on the cool side.

Prayers to all those in need. Hope everyone has a safe day as I saw on the news where storms are to hit from Texas to Indiana.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a really cool day here. Fall is in full swing and I'm looking forward to Indian Summer. I'm waiting for the dew to dry from the grass and once dry I may FINALLY be able to mow. It's about 4" high and I will have to mow it in two passes. With 1.5 acres, mowing it twice takes awhile.

Sue: My grandkids (7 and 4), SIL and I have all been hit with H1N1 and while it wasn't fun it wasn't anything worse than a regular flu. Actually, I have been a lot sicker when I got seasonal flu. The weird thing is that my daughter and my wife weren't infected. My SIL and I now have a theory. If you nag a lot you may be immune.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............it's foggy!!! Cooler too.......

Mike......if I've used up my quota of cruises..........I'll share with ya.....

Suppose to be foggy tomorrow........hope we can find the ship........

Not much going on here......

Y'all have a good day...............

Sharon
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Wet, wet Thursday

Not wet, wet, but sunny, sunny! Gonna be a beautiful day. Keith and I plan to head for the spiffy new mall in Glendale for lunch at a nifty Japanese restaurant.

Delft, good thoughts and prayers to you!

Have a good day, all!

Judy
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Here I go, bringing up the rear yet again as it's now shortly after four in the afternoon here in Upper East Tennessee.

We're praying for you Delft so please hang in there as best you can.

Mike, you amaze me. You have a zillion and one health issues yet you're going pertn'near all the time.

I on the other hand can't, try as hard as I might, do it and today is a perfect example. Fran's having the whole gang over on the eighteenth for a family gathering of sorts. Toward that end I thought it about time to get out the electric power washer I bought new two years ago of which I never opened the box after I was told I couldn't do such things anymore. I'm tellin' you guys now, DON'T GET AN ELECTRIC POWER WASHER! The force is about as strong as your garden hose if you've pretty powerful water pressure. But bein' "Mr Frugal," I wasn't about to pay for a gasoline one. Guess what I'm looking for this weekend?

Anyway, as you guys who are disabled know and what I'm really finding out, bein' crippled get's old awfully quick. So by golly I was gonna' get some work done! After going to all the trouble of setting the thing up, hauling out the hoses, getting out the fifty foot extension, I of course soon found out it wasn't powerful enough to reach where I wanted to clean and wasn't a whole lot more useful than my garden hose. But if I held the wand a milimeter away from the garage door, etc., it did a decent job. Just as I got to the carport, the damned thing died. Just up and died. No matter what I did, I could not get it to work (I mean I even consulted the manual!). So here I go up the hill again to gather in and roll up the hose, roll up the cord on the pressure washer, put all of the tools away on it and put it back in our drive under garage. By this time I was exhausted but now I've got an even bigger mess on my hands. So it's on to plan B. I unroll the long hose and drag it around to the side of the house, connect a two year old container of that house wash stuff that attaches to your hose and finish up with that. After that, I attach to the hose the Windex Window wash and start dragging the hose around the house. I started at nine and by the time I was done and everything was put away it was two thirty. So, with the 'ol ticker goin' Ka--Boom, Ka-Boon, Ka-Boom and my head feelin' about about ready to split open not to mention trying to breathe, I finally stumbled into the house, put the oxygen on, popped a cold one and crashed. What a poor excuse for a man I consider myself; especially the type of profession I was in until just fourteen years ago.

Here Fran has cancer and she's GI'ing the inside of the whole house while I'm outside doing what amounts to one of the easiest of chores there is! Yeah, she got awfully tired too but she worked a hell'of'a'lot harder and accomplished about ten thousand times more than did I. I ain't nuthin' more than the proverbial WIMP! I'm serious. I mean, I'm the guy who when he goes to Zaxby's, get's the WIMPY wings!

As a result of the embarrassment of telling you'uns all this, I ask that you not pile on all at once!

Hope you got everything done today B/W and you're all ready for the In-Laws.

It's supposed to rain here over the next couple of days Rollerdonna (40% tomorrow and 60% Saturday) but after that, the temps really start that downward trend.

Brush fires or not Judy, there's a whole lot of reasons folks love livin' in California.

It's foggy a lot in the Pacific Northwest, Sharon. Just listen for the fog horn. Of course if you end up boarding a tramp steamer, don't blame me!

Hope your day slacked off a little after your morning post, Sue.

Gosh Bahamamomma, I'd love just once to operate one of those big combines! It's only because of folks such as your husband, that our tables are so full.

Back atcha' tomorrow!

Todd