Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday, Sunday...

Well the inlaws arrived Friday, and we've been having a nice visit. Last night we took the sprout out for a pizza party to celebrate her upcoming birthday. An old friend was playing the guitar there and d/d was absolutely awestruck that this fellow was playing "Happy Birthday" just for her. It was so cute! I am glad we did that. Today will be low key. We'll have a nice dinner of Beef Tenderloin and some other goodies and then they will head back north tomorrow morning after breakfast.

Friday I will be driving the fifth wheel down to Bloomington, IN, where d/h will meet us to go camping all weekend. D/H was able to snag tickets to Indiana Univ. vs. University of Illinois football game. So while the boys are at the game, d/d and I will hang at the campground and go swimming at the indoor pool.

Not much else going on today. Sending Thanksgiving greetings to my Canadian friends and hoping you all have a blessed holiday with those you love most!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Admiral

I share Beenieweenie's wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving (known around this house as "Happy Toikey Day!") to all of our Canadian Cruisemates!

Nothing of any substance on tap for the day except for watching the good 'ol boys run, this week out in California. It's kinda' grey outside and 56 F but supposed to become partly cloudy this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday!

Prayers to all on the list and Blessings upon everyone.

Todd
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Morning Beenie, and all Mates to follow....

The sun has not forgotten us here in Nova Scotia, although I was beginning to wonder. It was a horrendous weather day yesterday, and last night I thought we were having a hurricane! So windy!

However, instead of any damage, the wind has brought COLD temperatures, it's only 5C here this morning. I have lost my little piece of paper with the C to F conversions on it so I don't know what that is in F, but believe me, it's chilly!

We have no particular plans today, other than maybe taking the dog for a good walk in some local woods. It is so spectacularly beautiful right now with a riot of colour - I will certainly bring my camera!

I will also be making a dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
Our friends down here have invited us to join them for Thanksgiving since we don't have any family here.
Which reminds me...this time last year, we were celebrating Thanksgiving onboard the Sapphire Princess with my sister and my cousin - my how time flies! Back then I never would have believed that my life would be completely changed in a new home in a year!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.....

donna
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

We woke up to bright sun and we ended up having nice sunshine yesterday afternoon.
Today I get ready to cook a turkey. The cake is finished. Table is almost set and ready.
Yesterday was a difficult day but today I hope will be better for my mother.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Friends!!! It is fairly comfy 82 here in Lakeland this morning. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian members.
RD as much as I love New England. I do not miss the cold up there. You live in a beautiful place, one of Canada's gems but it is just too cold there.
It is a working weekend for me but I go home in the morning to a few days off. Have a grand day.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All!!!!

Pulling hard for the World Champs against the Colorado Rockies. I do not believe that the Rockies are not in a stadium with a retractable roof like the one in Seattle. Postponed by snow should not happen. I may be an old fashioned purist after all since I still believe the American League commited a heretical act with the designated hitter :evil: .

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian cruisemates and everyone else have a great day!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday, Sunday

It's cloudy here in SoCal but no wet stuff called rain. The only wet stuff is coming from the coffee maker, and it's called coffee. That will taste good, as I am cold.

Today we go to the first new play of the season at the South Coast Reprtory Theater in Costa Mesa, "Putting It Together." Should be fun.
Donna, I will think of you; we are going to Ruby's for lunch. Not the historic one in Huntington Beach, though.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old October 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We've pulled out the winter parkas in Calgary; with temps in the 20s F forecast to remain for at least a week.

My life may be gaining back some sense of "normal". Our newest live-in caregiver for my mother has made it through her first full week, and I think I may have even heard my mother compliment her once, instead of whine about her to me

The newlweds (Kuki Jr. and Mrs. Kuki Jr.) have invited us over for Thanksgiving Dinner tonight... for their first big production. It's also Kuki Jrs. birthday, which serves to make me feel older than I've been feeling.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Happy Thanksgiving my Canadian friends.

To all others Have a good day
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Admiral

It's cold here in Chicago, I went outside this morning and most of my flowers are now dead. I guess summer really is over . Happy turkey day to all the wonderful Canadian folks here on the board. Cruznut2 82? no fair.I will be in Lakeland the end of March visiting friends.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014