Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Hump Day to you!

Good Morning CruiseMates!

It's been a long night. Couldn't sleep worth a darn. Too excited I think. I kept dreaming about Dancing with the Stars & So you Think you can Dance?. I am not that huge of a fan. BUT d/d the little bean sprout is. I mentioned that I might want to take her to a Broadway Show yesterday, but I was not too thrilled with the going prices of show tickets these days. Just the nosebleeds would be over $300 for our family of four.

But life is good. I bid on an online auction last night and got us four tickets to "Burn the Floor" and $200 of gift certiificates to Delmonico and Mr. K's and got the whole package for $189. I am so tickled because she is such a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars and So you think you can Dance (Anya and Pasha from the show are in this production) She will love it!

I am thrilled to get lunch and Dinner at some fine NYC eating establishments and the nice show tickets for such a steal. I think this will be a birthday she will never forget!

Today I have to catch up on Laundry. I need to get all of that done so I can finish packing for the cruise next week. Sometime soon I need to meet with my cat sitter and give him his list of duties. So that is cared for. I also need to get out to the fifth wheel and get it loaded up for our trip south to Bloomington this weekend. We're going to go camping since d/h and d/s have tickets to the Ind. Univ. vs Univ. of Ill. game and are going with d/h's buddy from work. I bought a big thing of hot chocolate to take along, because I think they are gonna freeze their collective butts off. D/D and I intend to hang out a greta deal of the time out at the indoor swimming pool at the campground. I also think I will drop the camper off at the RV dealership to be winterized upon our return. and then we can bring it home when we return from the cruise. I just don't have the time to deal with it right now.

Well thats about it from the frozen tundra of Indiana. The snooze alarm just went off for the 6th time, so I am guessing d/h should be awaking shortly. Hope everyone is doing well. Delft you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Happy Hump Day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
Is it fall or is it winter - yesterday it was snowy - foliage and snow.
And cold. I am truly not ready for this.

I don't know how, but my life is busier than ever. I just can't seem to get everything under control. I don't know how, but somehow I think I am now in the Church Christmas play.

Today is busy. We leave tomorrow for our whrilwind trip - drive to Florida - then spend a couple days with dd and a day with my cousin, at least that is what I think. Then next Wed. early in am we head for Tenn - to see son. Two nights there, then a drive up to Louisville, where my son will have a cross country race - and the head home from there and hopefully arrive either Sunday or Monday in early afternoon, as dh starts on-call on Monday at 3 pm and I have a meeting at Church on Monday night also.
So today, I must get stuff prepared ahead at church - for Sunday mornings, and also had to prepare this weeks Bible Study and a lesson for someone else to teach next week - which is very hard, as I use lots of resources and compile to make my own lessons - so much work, but that is the best way for me.
I need to finish gathering the things we need to bring my daughter, all the stuff we couldn't move down when I drove down with her last spring. And my packing, a few things my son needs. Gifts for my cousin and such. I can't breath...literally.
I hope I can find time to catch up on the boards while gone.

I do think of you all often, and am missing the daily banter.
Hope all is well. Have a pleasant day!
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, from a sunny but cool Caribou River.
Beenie, you have a lot to do, but at least your cruise in now in sight!
Jen, as always, you have too much to do, but at least you will get a short respite from the encroaching winter temps and dustings of snow!

No snow here yet, but it has been in the forecast. Definitely frost, but it mostly seems to rain - even when the sun is shining! Usually it's a fine, misty rain, so not so unpleasant, but we've had some good downpours as well....
No big plans for the day, except maybe take some pictures while the foliage is still so brilliant.
Here's a few samples from Thanksgiving here....

There's more in the Personal Gallery if you're interested....

donna
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It hasn't been a good night for sleep for me either. I did fall asleep around 11:00 p.m. but I was awakened at 2:00 a.m. when Betty woke me up to tell me her Outlook email wasn't working and had an error. Of course there were "important" emails to send so I got up, put on my glasses and repaired the .pst file. It took about twenty minutes to fix it. It would have taken half the time if I had been more awake. I fumbled around for 10 minutes trying to find the file. I wasn't able to fall back to sleep until 4:30 and the furry one who "must be obeyed" (Kramer, not Betty) woke me up at 7:00 a.m. so he could relieve his bladder and fill his stomach.

The nice thing about having a wife who knows how I work on computers is that she isn't hanging over my shoulder saying: "What are you doing? How did that happen? I didn't do anything." She knows that I will explain everything when I'm done or I have figured out what's wrong and am actually fixing the problem. She learned not to do it 28 years ago when I was her boss. At least she remembers not to ask things when I'm fixing stuff but now "she's" the boss.

Today will be the final preparation for the annual "Mike-a-Wish" pheasant hunting trip with the guys. My nephew will be here tonight and we'll be off for South Dakota bright and early tomorrow. It will be a shortened trip for us because he must be back at law school on Monday. Because of our shortened trip the "over-under" on how many times Mike falls down has dropped from 12 to 5 and the bet for how many birds I actually hit has dropped from 1 to 0. As my brother says: "You may not shoot many birds but you are a great source of entertainment."

I hope everyone enjoys the day and the rest of the week. I'll be back on Monday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Happy Hump Day to You

Good morning. It rained off and on all day Tuesday and more is promised today, so we will get a good soak out of this storm.

Jen, enjoy your trip.
Mike, enjoy your trip, too.
Donna, pretty pics.
Beenie, your NYC trip sounds great. I'm a big DWTS fan, as well .

And speaking of sleep, that wasn't in the cards for me, either. Couldn't decide which of three shore excursions to cancel. Gets too expensive and too much getting up early. My computer had a case of the stubborns, and it took almost an hour to make reservations for a shore excursion in Kona. I must call HAL today to be sure I didn't make multiple reservations and incur Keith's rath!

Have a great day!

Judy
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! More snow falling in Calgary and temps are still hovering nearing 30F.

Supposed to drive 3 hrs. north to Edmonton for a nieces wedding this weekend. The weather best improve or I'll be missing... not that they'd miss me.

Would like to get out today to do some errands but I hadn't rushed to put my snow tires on the car in Oct. High performance tires don't hold a muscle car on the road very well in snow.

I should have been cruising with Ray and Helen and the cruisemates this week instead. RATS!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/