Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning!

Following a rainy and somewhat raw day yesterday, today is on tap to be more of the same here in upper East Tennessee. The color of Fall has finally reached this mountainous area and it's shaping up to be quite a colorful one indeed.

The "Mad Cleaner" is still going great guns getting ready for our family gathering Sunday. About every two or three months, she redecorates the guest bathroom, changing all of the towels and accouterments. This time, she's outdone herself with everything coordinated in shades of turquoise.

Your photographs yesterday were glorious, R/D. Am always waiting for more!

Isn't it wonderful and exciting, anticipating your cruise B/W? Hope you get a chance to visit Ferarra's while in NY.

Yes Jen, I'm afraid really cold weather is beginning to settle in "down East" although the extremes you're experiencing is I understand unusual this early in the year.

Regardless of where you live or what the weather is going to be, hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

Prayers and Blessing requests continue.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Yess Todd, just about two weeks and one hour from now I will be landing in NYC. I cannot begin to express how excited I am. The Broadway Show and meals at Delmonico and Mr. K's are the icing on the cake. I missed you yesterday, though I did catching you popping in for a minute and checking on everyone. I am sure Mrs. Clean is keeping you on your toes. I think it is wonderful that she has so much energy. We really have nothing planned this summer aside from a trip to NOLA in June, which will be all business for d/h, and all fun for me & the kids, since we're going to take a cruise while d/h is hanging out at the Microsoft Conference with his computer geeky friends . So maybe we'll take the fifth wheel down south to the mountains of Sevierville (maybe someone can explain the proper pronunciation of Sevierville to a flat lander sometime) and invite you and Fran over to the rolling Homestead for a visit, if the two of you are up to it.

Delft, I am glad to hear you're going to try to take things a bit easier today. I really admire what you're doing and I understand. I just pray the Good Lord will give you super human strength to make it through.

Donna I hate fall, it's depressing...but I love your pics, thanks!

Well I finally forced myself to sit down and type out our itinerary day by day and include all the details... like how to get from point A to point B, and discovered the some of the research I had done early on in cruise planning mode had left my brain. For example: the cheap way to get out to the nicer beaches of Roatan. It involves going to a grocery, exchange money, getting on the number 2 bus, get off at this point and take a water taxi to this point etc... so on and so forth. So it forced me to go back and get all the info and put it in my cruise folder, which at the moment, looks like a tick ready to pop.

I was so tired last night, I was snoring before my head hit the pillow. I went to bed at 10 and slept until 9. I only awoke once at 3:30, when the cat made a racket by jumping into a boxful of clothes hangers. It scared the poop out of both of us. I quickly fell back to sleep. I don't recall hearing d/h's snooze alarm go off 10 milion times or him taking a shower, nothing. I am usually awake at the drop of a pin. His lunch bag is still sitting here, so I guess that means that if I don't get up with him and make his lunch, it aint getting done, . I only have like pounds of lunch meat left over from his parent's visit .

Nothing much on the agenda today, aside from cheating the sock monster and matching a bin full of socks. and finishing my one load of laundry that's left then I will be caught up again yeah! I think I will unhook the fifth wheeel from the hose and power and pack it full and get ready to head to Bloomington tomorrow. I know I have been to this place once before, but for the life of me can't recall much about it, aside from the indoor pool . I should probably take the propane tanks down and fill them up, we will need to run the heat, I am just not sure if an electric heater will cut it or if we should use the furnace on the fiver, Friday should be cold and yucky but the rest of the time should be nice except Saturday night may get below freezing. Probably best to use the furnace on the fiver to keep the tanks and plumbing from freezing.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............fall is here......cool temps & rain.........

Not much going on........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good morning, everybody. The storm has passed, the sun is out, and looks to be warm today.

Keith skipped the gym yesterday and has decided that he feels better when he goes there. Time to fix some breakfast.

Judy