Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday!!

Morning Mates, from Pictou County where the sun is struggling to peek out from behind the rainclouds that plagued us all day yesterday.
Man, can it rain here, but at least rain is better than snow at this point....

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend planned.
Jen, I hope your travels to Florida are over and that you are enjoying some time with your dd.

We may be headed back to the ER today, as we are a bit worried about the amount of swelling and pain James still has. Even the pain killers/anti-inflammatory meds are not helping.
He HATES being incapacitated even a little bit, so he is most frustrated with all of this, and is not a happy camper.

Meanwhile, I have procrastinated long enough, and I promised myself I would start the prep on the cruise/computer room today, so that's my plan once we get his cast looked at....

Have a good one Mates!

donna
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning RD and all to follow. I am going to work today for the weekend. RD I am sorry to hear that James is having so much pain.A trip back to the ER is needed for sure. I hope you are going to post pictures of your cruise room when it is ready. I am anxious to see it.
Have the greateest day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and all who follow. I'm so sorry to hear about James's difficulties with the arm. I think it extremely wise you return to the ER. Please keep us informed!

Fall has definitely set in here in upper East Tennessee. It's going to be another dreary and damp day with possible on and off drizzle. For those of us iin the South, this is real "soup beans" weather and on preparation of that meal, Fran has, at least when it comes to my taste buds, few peers. Speaking of....She is hard at work preparing all of her various types of salads for tomorrow.

This is also true American football weather. I still enjoy college football more than the NFL probably because it consists of guys often playing in many cases, just for the fun of it. I so wish, however, that the emphasis was more on insuring academic. I also think that more scholarship should be diverted toward rewarding academic excellence as opposed to merely rewarding someone's athletic ability. Sadly, even college football has today in and of itself become such big business, that it is quickly transforming into not much more than a training ground for the NFL.

Prayers continue for those on the list accompanied by Blessing on everyone. Hope you'uns have a marvelous weekend.

Todd
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning CruiseMates, and the incapacitated James.

A slight break in the cold weather here, with temps creeping back up to the 50s F perhaps.

Mrs. Kuki is catching a ride north from her brother for their nieces wedding. I'll bet there's a visit to the West Edmonton Mall in her future.

Being the great packer she is, she has me ready for my jaunt south tomorrow. Spent the last 2 days hopefully putting things in order here to survive my seven or eight weeks away.

Hopefully she'll join me in Scottdale in a very few weeks. I'll try to survive on In N Out Burger, Goldman's Deli and Chompies until she gets there.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......rain has set in.......talking of flooding.........we don't have to worry about flooding......but.........

Not too much going on here.......Larry is on anti biotics for a infection in his arm..........thankfully the swelling is going down finally...........

Todd.......I know what ya mean about soup beans......gonna make some tomorrow.......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday

The winter season has given us the slip. I invaded my summer closet last night in defense of the 102 temp that hit yesterday. No sign of a letup, either. The A/C is back on . . .

No big plans for today. We will be in Scottsdale while Kuki is there. I am thinking about putting out a Moose Alert there to our friends and relatives.

RD, I am sorry that James' arm is giving him problems. Do tell us what the ER said.

Judy
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Admiral

We're back, but none the wiser unfortunately, and now I am incapacitated as well!
I've been having lower back "twinges" the past few days, not a good sign usually, and sure enough this morning as I was changing the sheets - ZOINK! - my back went out.
I've had this so many times before, and it is painful but I can manage - I have to, because I'm helping James with what he can't do!
We did go to the ER, but left after 2 hours, he refused to wait any longer, and said he'd see the orthopedic surgeon on Tues. as scheduled.

Meanwhile, we've both taken painkillers and are going to have a restful afternoon!

donna
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Good Evening CruiseMates!
Been out here in the camper communing with nature. Having a great time but OMG it got cold last night. It was below freezing and drizzly rain. There was a family here and they had a hard sided camper with ends that fold out like a tent and we walked out early this morning to find them all huddled shivering around their campfire to get warm. I felt bad for them. We ran an electric heater which kept the camper pretty warm, then this morning I ran the furnace to take the edge off as we woke up.

D/H and d/s are now at the footbal game. I hope they have a great time. D/D and I spent a little time around the campfire, the whole fam went swimming 'cept me...that water was too cold for me. I took pictures though . Right now d/d is sitting here watching her movies and we are enjoying each other's company.

I hope you all have a great time. I probably will post late tomorrow as I have to load this puppy back up and pull it back home in the morning and it is really dirty on the outside from sitting all summer and then our drive here in the yucky rainy weather so lots to do before I take it to the RV place Monday.
Enjoy your weekend everyone. Donna hope James get's some relief soon. Delft you are on my mind.

Read and post cruise reviews