Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Default CONDE NASTE November 2009 Cruise Ship Survey

When my Conde Naste magazine came I was amazed at the results..

TOP TEN CRUISE LINES

MEGA-SHIP LINES

1. Celebrity
2. Disney
3. Cunard
4. Princess
5. Royal Caribbean

LARGE SHIP LINES

1. Crystal
2. Regent Seven Seas
3. Cunard
4. Oceania Cruises
5. Celebrity

My question is... what is Disney like.. that they always rate so high>?
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Admiral

Since I never sailed on Disney (and probably won't), I don't know why.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Admiral

It depends on the selection criteria.

You need to determine what the criteria that were used, and see how they matchup with your needs.

As an aside, I was watching the news this evening on a local channel, when they advertised that they have "the most accurate weather forcasts of any station." An absolutely ridiculous statement, on so many levels.

I mean, what criteria, precisely, were used to make this determination. By whom? Cite your sources. When was this determination made? How reliable is this determination based upon historical data?

I wonder how the station manager would respond to these questions.....?

Old October 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Default WEATHER FORCASTERS

Have to agree even here in the Northeast weather forcasting is a crapshot..lol Especially these last few days with old fashioned Nor-easters, having our weather people forcasting ocean surges tht have wiped out homes near the dunes, unexpected snow storms/flurries. It gets to be you look out the window early, put your finger outside to see where the wind is coming from, and by noon...it's another ball game. In all seriousness, have no idea or what criteria they listed these lines.. Wonder if I would get as much grief if I listted their hotels.. or favorite cities.. S.Fransico tops the list and Bpston at the bottom...
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Admiral

I believe Conde` Nast is an upscale travel magazine that ranks both Cruise lines and Cruise ships on an annual basis with at least a major critera being that of their readership which I gather is quite discerning.

The ranking must be considered rather prestigious throughout the industry as the highly ranked cruiselines and ships make a big thing of it.....sort of like a commercial Cruise ship/Cruise line Academy award.

Todd
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default Ranking/Awards

Yes, I agree that this is great publicity for hotels, cruise lines, hotels, inns, airlines ,etc.etc. that they rate by points. As a long time subscriber to Conde Naste and other travel magazines, I've never been asked for my opinion.. In this case it is cruisers wanting to "kill the messenger"...99% of my magazines with the exception of Budget Travel, Cruise travel and a few cooking magazines are passed on, recycled so to say... they are not my bibles
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:25 AM
Admiral

Default Conde Nast 2009 Cruise Ship Survey

Years ago, I subscribed to this publication. Let me tell you, they are high end, to the point, that I stopped the subscription. At that time, there certainly no mention of Disney! It was all expensive hotels, Crystal Cruises, and the Yachts of Seaborne.

Judy
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
I believe Conde` Nast is an upscale travel magazine that ranks both Cruise lines and Cruise ships on an annual basis with at least a major critera being that of their readership which I gather is quite discerning.
Yes, but Todd, which selection criteria specifically did they use?

For instance, let's say that I rate any cruiseline highly if it provides nice fluffy bath robes. And let's say that you're a 30-something who likes climbing mountains, and is very interested in the rock climbing wall on RCCL ships, and doesn't much care for bath robes.

Wouldn't you want to know that in order to make a good choice for yourself?

So whenever someone rates a cruiseline highly, I want to know how that determination was made so that I get my nice fluffy bath robes and not a rock climbing wall!