Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Morning Mates,
Another cloudy day here in Pictou County, looks like rain at any moment, but it is supposed to be sunny....I'll beleive it when I see it!

Yesterday we spent a few hours at the hospital, had James' cast cut off, had his wrist re-X-rayed, and then they put ANOTHER heavy plaster cast back on, much to James' consternation. Because it is still so swollen and bruised and causing so much pain, he needs the plaster cast for at least another week, THEN, he is supposed to get the lighter, fibreglass one, or even a waterproof one so he can enjoy the water on our cruise.

He is still miserable, both with pain and with feeling useless, but I am trying to get him out and doing things he CAN do. For instance, tonight is TRIVIA night at the local pub, so we will go for dinner and play Trivia, and forget his misery for awhile!

Hope everyone has a good Hump Day...the weekend is in sight!

donna
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

A sore leg and a furry friend are the reasons I'm up early this morning. I've been up since six but did some reading before getting online.

It is a wet and rainy day here in the "Land of 10,000,000,000 Mud Puddles". The agenda for today is to head over to my nephew's place and "fix" his computer. His wife was sucked in by the "Spyware Protector 2009" trojan. She received the "Your System is Infected" message and then downloaded the recommended Spyware Protector 2009 and now they have problems. It disabled most of the "stuff" that will get rid of it so I'll have to see if I can override it and get it fixed. Please don't get sucked in by this stuff. Use your own spyware and/or virus program and if a message is from any other program don't do what it says.

Well: I guess that's all in my world. I hope everyone has a great day and makes the most of it that they can.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Captain

A foggy start to today here in Ohio. I have been up for hours just now getting around to checking out things online. I have managed to get the 1st grader off to school and have the 18 month old asleep on the couch. It is Mamaw's day to play when she wakes up. The girls mom had to go to Cincinnati for a 2 day seminar for her work so I get the girls. Plan on fixing a nice dinner for them and their Dad. I have a nice big slap of ribs to grill along with some potatoes and a salad. Since the weather is so nice it may be the last chance to grill out for awhile so I'll take advantage of it.
RD- so sorry James is still having pain. Hope it gets better soon!
Mike - sounds like you have your work cut out for you today. I only wish you had been around here a few months ago when my desktop decided to shut down. Thank goodness I was able to get it back up and working thanks to our local computer repairman. I had most everything backed up but still lost a few things, nothing major.

Hope everyone has a great Hump Day. Prayers to all our friends in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am up and at 'em early today. I am really trying to get suitcases packed and get things in order around here, so we can leave one week from today. woohoo! My cat sitter is supposed to come by sometime this week so we can introduce him to Sami and give him the low down on what all is involved in keeping Sami in her splendor. I need to go to the bank and cash some checks and then go to another bank and get traveller's checks, before we go. It is really hard to find traveller's checks these days, but I like them never the less.

I think everything is finalized. I keep changing my mind about different things and then that changes something and then another thing and so on, and so on etc.

Well Donna, I sure hope James gets feeling better. He sounds so miserable. Well I better get to work, still lots to do around here.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Good morning from Southern California. I know you guys think we're wusses, but it's cold! Later, 'twill be about 90.

Keith's buddy will pick him up later, and they will go to a company retirement luncheon and meeting. I will head for the mall.

RD, please tell James I hope he feels better soon.

Judy