Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old October 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Its been a very busy couple of weeks and I guess I have been feeling very tired.
Yesterday saw alot of damp and rain, this morning starts off with crisp dry air. I will finish with putting away a few last things for the winter.
My mother had a few very unstable days but the last two have been abit better. Its been very hard on my sister who see's more and ore the changes and comes to realize my mother will be gone and that is very hard for her.
Dogs are all fine, they are thinking I should be off the computer and maing their breakfrast so I better go and do that now! Have a good day every one.
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Admiral

First of all, glad to see you checking in Delft and that things are "stable" for now. Continued prayers to you and your family....

Well we are also having some of that "damp" weather, in fact with the rain and high winds we are having at the moment I am surprised there are any leaves left at all on the trees and that we still have a roof!
No kidding, it is hurricane force out there, and has not let up since 10:30 last night. The weird thing is, the temp has shot up to 16 from 5 C yesterday, that is about 40 to 60 F.

Not planning to go out there today if I don't absolutely have to!

donna
Old October 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,

As is R/D, I'm so glad Delft that your mother is feeling better. If I were to be confronted with just a quarter as are you, I would be completely overcome. You are indeed one strong woman.

Ah, the vagaries of weather R/D with which one is confronted living near a North Atlantic coastline. That is one of the things I find so charming and which I would love to experience. I think you will be able to see for yourself, maybe even for the first time, why a transatlantic crossing utilizing the great circle route can be one wild (and digestive system unsettling) experience. You certainly do live in one gorgeous and exciting area. As they do on the Isle of Man in the North Sea, batten down the hatches 'cause the wind it's gonna' blow!

Nothing substantive on tap. Just the NASCAR race this afternoon from up the road at Martinsville. Virginia. Also, as it's shaping up to be a glorious fall day with the foliage at its peak (the mountains are absolutely gorgeous), I'm going to do something I've never done and that is to take my camera, get in the car and drive around for some photographs.

Just think Beenie Weenie, three days and a wakeup!!!

Prayers continue for those on the list as well as a request for Blessings on all.

Todd
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well indeed Todd you have pinpointed what is on my mind the vast majority of the time these days.I've nearly finished the packing and I am ready to get on with it and go already, but just a few more days.

Today is the Bean Sprout's Official birthday. The day spa was a huge hit and she got a lovely little makeover. Today is a quiet day at home to open a few little presents and have some cake with nice folks who will be dropping by through out the day.

D/H is still asleep, in a bit I will wake him up and get him moving... I really have most of everything packed. I just need to battle the sock monster to get a few pair for each of us in the suitcase.

Delft it was good to see your post. I hope you all have a nice morning and lovely Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Good morning, the last one from the Phoenix area for a while.

We will have breakfast with the group say our good byes and have lunch with Keith's brother and his wife at Arcadia Farms, then make our way back to the I-10 and home to CA.

The big news is that it look like we will be co-planners for a cruise at our reunion next year. The thought is that we will "go the other way," sailing from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Good morning for my part of CA--counting down for our AZ visitors--hurry uo Tuesday----most our 1st grandson who will be 4 months old-
It going to be a nice day out here--even though I will be at work I can see
outside---its nice to see the leaves change color and I have fun crunching them when I walk the dog-----
Thoughts and prayers going out to all ----
Take care
Cheers
April
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Awoke to a gorgeous day with sun and blue skies in Scottsdale, Az. (It was snowing at home yesterday, so Mrs. Kuki is getting jealous.).

Heading down to ASU at Tempe to pick up Kuki Jr. and take him out for brunch. Saw my sister and brother in law yesterday, who just came back from a Crystal cruise in the Mediterranean....so was busy salivating over their stories.

Took em over to see the new condo I bought, and they liked it, and assured me I got "a steal".... means it'll be worth half in six months

Wanted badly to plan a golf game for tomorrow, but have to spend the day waiting around for the contract on the condo purchase, and get busy with that since closing is in a week.

Been getting phone calls and emails from about a dozen different friends who are now planning on visiting in the next few months, so doesn't sound like I'm going to get too lonely here.