Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Tuesday?

After being awake all night I'm not sure what day it is, but my calendar says Tuesday, so Good Morning Tuesday....

We are off early this morning for an appointment with the X-ray machine and the "Cast-Master". Here's hoping that the news is better than last week, and that James will get some relief with a different, lighter cast.

When we get back, we have another Dr. appointment, then I have to take the dog to the vet, then I think I will have a nap and catch up on the sleep I didn't get lat night!

donna
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Donna I hope poor James gets a little relief. I have not seen a plaster cast in years... I think now we know why... Uncomfortable as heck!

Todd read yesterdays post, I left a note with more info about your nuts.

I finished packing last night. I just need to add the girl's special hairbrush before we leave tomorrow night and I am ready to rock and roll.

Not much on tap for today, just mopping floors and tidying up before we go, so we can come home in Mid November to a nice clean house. That will make me very happy.

You know I told you guys how paranoid and neurotic I was that the kiddo's might get sick before we went on vacation because of all the creepin crud and flu that is spreading like mad?
I know people round here thought I was a little crazy for not letting them go to their favorite baby sitter's last week to play with their buddies. The week before that, the sitter was on vacation, so it was a blessing in disguise.
I got a call from the sitter and evidently over 20% of the elementary students had been sent home yesterday with flu or some such illness. If they send home more today, they will close the school for a while.
It was ineveitable I figured, so I am just glad we're not cancelling this trip right now because one of us has the piggy flu.

My allergies have been raging too. Everytime I go outside, my eyes start to burn and swell and my nose and throat start to itch and I sneeze. so I am also so thankful I had that super duper filter thingy put on the new heat and a/c. What a difference being inside makes these days.

Tomorrow I have a hair and pedicure appointment, for which I am terribly overdue, but my hairdresser had the nerve to go on a two week Princess Hawaii cruise...I am trying to talk her into joining us for Let's get Lei'd 5.0 so she can do it all over again.

Hope you all have a great day. Peace out!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning RD and Beenie Weenie and all who follow.

Today dawned overcast and wet, this type of weather to remain at least through the night.

We're thinking of you R/D and hope everything goes well with James and the other doctor's appointment.

Yep B/W, I have all my nuts in a row (ooooooo..that was worse than my last one). I took advantage of your forward and went to that website. Of course with my love there was nuthin' within a hundred miles. As I may have written earlier, I'm going to try the neighbors first to see if anyone want them. I am however going to later on try and open one myself (I'm sorry there won't be a video of the process as were there to be, I'd probably make a fortune).

Well, gotta' run and get ready to take Fran to her Oncologist. Even though we're always apprehensive (after all she had third stage Leukemia/Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and never knew it), nonetheless she does feel fine.

Prayers continue for those on the list and a request for Blessings on everyone.

Have a grand Tuesday!

Todd
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Not much on the agenda for today. My eye appointment and field of vision test were canceled because the Ophthalmologist's wife broke her wrist and he was at the emergency room. So that was rescheduled until November.

So I'll just play it by ear today.

BW: Have a great cruise.
Todd: I wouldn't put a major effort into the nuts. As I said in the other thread; It's a lot of work with a very limited reward.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Is It Tuesday?

Yep, it sure is! I slept like a log, first time in four days that a noisy a/c didn't keep me awake. DH is still sleeping.

Our electricity will go off in 45 minutes and not come back on til 7 p.m. so the power company can work on aging infrastructure. First thing I did was make coffee! Next thing I do is take a shower, dress and put on some makeup while I can still see.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............no rain....yet......

A few errands today.........

BW.......have a great time in NY!!!! & a great cruise..........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! An actual cold front moving into Arizona today. I'm still using my outdoor office (patio), but winds are picking up, and temps dropping. They say tomorrow we'll see lows of 48. They must be trying to make the Kukimoose feel at home.

Have to stay in this morning to wait for a UPS delivery (not cruise docs ), but with all the wind forecast I wouldn't be golfing anyway. Plus need to get this week's blog written.

Got the cashier's check to the Title Co. yesterday, and we're closing on the new condo Nov.3. Get the home inspection done Thurs.

Hopefully by then the weather will clear and I'll be able to book some golf for the latter part of the week.

One thing I've learned having my "outdoor office" on a golf course.... there are TONS of golfers who are much worse then me out there

Beenie.... have a GREAT cruise!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Sunny and in the seventies today in San Antonio, the green( grass, not lifestyle )capitol of the southwest. I hope everyone's appointments turn out well. We had ours yesterday at the dentist.

These morning messages are a lot like facebook and probably existed before facebook was invented. I wonder if Cruisemates could sue. Imagine, free cruises for every member.

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny WI. Sure is nice to see the sun.

RD, I hope James has made out well at the doctors, and that issue with the pain has been resovled.

Beenie, I love reading about your adventures. Have a wonderful cruise!

Todd, I hope all goes well with Fran's visit too.

Not much happening here. I have to have a little surgery next Tuesday so it looks like our trip to Florida is on hold til the end of November. Hopefully they will just snip out some scar tissue, and I will stop getting sick every other week.

Take care everyone
Phyll