Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning, it's Thursday!

Good morning 'Mates.

I spent most all of yesterday at the computer putting together signs, pet costume judging packets, award certificates and forms, all the necessary paper for our Humane Society's biggest annual fundraiser, "Howl-O-Ween." I went through a ton of ink and paper. Some of the stuff was already on the 'puter. But even that required detailed updates and the other stuff had to be done from scratch as a result of my compulsion toward redesigning a lot of stuff every year. I actually enjoyed having to mowing the lawn late yesterday afternoon.

As a result of all of the above, I was asleep as soon as the head hit the 'ol pillow.

Am wondering how things are going or went with Beenie Weenie and the kids in The Big Apple. I'm sure it was an exhausting day with all the she had planned.

It will be a quiet day today with just a Cardiology appointment up the road in Johnson City following which we'll have lunch at one of our "food haunts."

Prayers continue for all of you on the list as well as a request for Blessings upon everyone.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

The sky is brighter today, so I think it might be a bit warmer!
Just got a text and a picture from my son - he heard something outside, and his housemate had left his car window open - someone abandoned a puppy! So now, as all the boys have to get to class, and they are now all late, they are trying to figure out what to do.
I told them for the moment put him in a room with a box and paper - and a towel and some of the food for their cat - and then get to class and figure it out in a couple of hours. I don't think they will keep it - they said it looks way too little to be away from its mom - I said they should bring it to the Humane Society. The cat they have was one that was abandoned last year at the end of school, and they rescued.

Trying to figure out if I have just a head cold or a sinus infection.
How does one tell?

Went to work yesterday, then somehow taught my Bible Study - held a hot mug of tea/honey/lemon that I had to sip continuously, and a tissue in the other - I let no one come near me.
Between work and Bible Study I got word my best friend's father in New Brunswick, Canada passed away. So I had several phone calls I had to make - tho it was difficult for them to understand me with my laryngitis.
In my condition I can't drive up - so I will hopefully get in a trip before the truly bad winter weather arrives.
My friends sister is much like Delfts sister - so she is not dealing well with this very sudden loss - she is the one that informed me, and she wants me to come very badly. How does one say no to one who has so little understanding, and is so very sad?

Well - must go into work, tho I am a mess today - I have now developed a cough, with the nose thing so I will shut my door and quarentine myself.
I can't spell today - I have brain fog.

Todd - thank you for all you do on behalf of our four footed friends!

Hope you all have a good day.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Cruise World!

It is another cool and gray day here in "The Land of 10,000,000,000,000,000 Fallen Leaves".

Today will be a vacuuming and dusting day in the Mike house. Yesterday, I did complete the laundry and also did some "Judy Duty" with the iron. I forgot some of Betty's clothes in the dryer and they were a wrinkled mess. I am not very good with the iron but I have to admit that I didn't do a bad job. Today the house will be the target of my wrath. As with the laundry, I have also been lax with the house and it hasn't been vacuumed since last Friday. At least Kramer is only shedding "a little" so it isn't too bad but it is in need of a cleaning. I will leave the floor washing to my darling bride. She does a much better job then I do and having her do it avoids the inevitable "You missed a spot" comment from her.

I just noticed I wrote an entire paragraph about house cleaning. You can tell you have an exciting life when that's the highlight of the day.

Oh yes: There is one more thing on today's agenda. Put together my Halloween costume. I'm going as a tourist. I think the Panama hat, plaid Bermuda shorts, black socks, dress shoes, fanny pack and sunglasses should do the trick. In other words, my standard cruise wardrobe.

Todd: I hope you get a good report from the cardiologist and you have a wonderful lunch.

Jen: You asked: "Trying to figure out if I have just a head cold or a sinus infection.
How does one tell?"
The answer is: Fever and multi-colored stuff when you blow your nose. Even low grade fever indicates a sinus infection. I get one about twice a year. My doctor is a nice and trusting guy and gives me a Zithromax (Z-Pak) script that is good for four refills over one year. He knows I won't use it unless I develop fever. Hey: It saves a trip to him just to say: "You've got a sinus infection".

Well: I hope everyone has a great Thursday (why does it seem like Friday?) and, if I don't get to say it tomorrow, a safe and fun Halloween.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............it's raining........oh well.....

Not much going on today........

Hope BW is having a grand time in New York...........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning,It's Thursday

Good morning, again. A nice sunny day here with warmer weather coming.

Mike, I have to do "Judy Duty" today and tomorrow. Saturday will be my day of rest. The reward will be shopping. One of my favorite stores sent me a $25 gift certificate. I can get a sweater for $4.50.

VTJen, I, too, get sinus infections. Best for to the doctor. He can offer something that will at least control it, if not dry it up.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Good morning from my part of CA--San Jose that is---it warming up nicely and kind of laughing that it's warmer here than AZ------since our daughter and family are visitng from there-------64 there and mid 70's here------I'm sure that doesnt happen too often------
Looking forward to our up coming Conquest Cruise with our fellow CruiseMates--doing some research for that----and trying not to over plan--hahaha--
Have a great day--take care and continured thoughts and prayers going out to all

Cheers
April
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Well crap, Mike! It's back to the paddles yet again next week. At least I found out why I've frequently been on the verge of collapsing after arising from a sitting position, especially when I get out of the car or when I walk down to get the mail and end up grabbing the brick on my carport to keep from crashing to the ground. Used to be I was the reason folks collapsed after riding with me. Now I'm doing it to myself

At least if things go alright, a week from today I get to look forward to some more of those marvelous "sedatives" and that magical instant sleep medicine, Versed.

Ain't life grand? I think so! Enjoy the good, especially since often there ain't a lot you can do about the bad.

Todd