Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:14 AM
Beginner

Default Hotel to Port transfers

Hi there

We normally book a package when cruising, you know, flights transfers, hotel etc. However, this time we booked a Royal Caribbean cruise, and then separate flights, hotel in New York etc. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but is proving quite troublesome.

We are staying in Manhattan the night before the cruise and have arranged resort hoppa to take us from Newark airport to the hotel, which is fine. However, getting from Manhattan to the cruise port on 11 December is proving harder to arrange.

I would appreciate advice from others who had this problem on how they transferred. There would adults and four pieces of luggage, so train not a good idea! We need a reliable and quick method of transport that won't break the bank.

Any suggestions?

Kate, Ireland
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Hotel to Port transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by glengormless
Hi there

We normally book a package when cruising, you know, flights transfers, hotel etc. However, this time we booked a Royal Caribbean cruise, and then separate flights, hotel in New York etc. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but is proving quite troublesome.

We are staying in Manhattan the night before the cruise and have arranged resort hoppa to take us from Newark airport to the hotel, which is fine. However, getting from Manhattan to the cruise port on 11 December is proving harder to arrange.

I would appreciate advice from others who had this problem on how they transferred. There would adults and four pieces of luggage, so train not a good idea! We need a reliable and quick method of transport that won't break the bank.

Any suggestions?

Kate, Ireland
I believe the simplest and overall least expensive way to go is a taxi. Even from uptown (Central Park area) to the cruise port will the fare will be around $25 - $35 per cab and not per person. If you have your hotel arrange a mini-van cab you will have no problems.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Admiral

I agree. The cab is a simple and somewhat inexpensive way to go.
Old November 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
Admiral

The RCL that the OP is talking about leaves from Bayonne N.J. not Manhattan Cruise Port so a taxi may not be the best solution in this case.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM
Beginner

Many thanks for your swift responses.

Why is a taxi to Bayonne N.J. not the best solution in this case? Location or price?

Thanks again

Kate
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Taxi may well be the way to go but expect a much higher cab fare going to Bayonne N.J. than going to the Manhattan Cruise Port. Many NY hotels will arrange Super Shuttle pickup for their guest so check that option as soon as you arrive.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Beginner

Thanks for this, I will check with the hotel when we check in.