Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old November 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday (with an hour of extra sleep!)

Morning Mates, hope you all enjoyed that extra hour of sleep as I did!

Unfortunately, woke up to a pig of a day, dull, gray and raining, but the interesting thing is, it's 15C! That's almost 60F which is a little weird for November!

Last night we had winds so strong I thought the roof would blow off.
Apparently, all it managed to blow off was all the leaves from all the trees; now all that is left are the evergreens.

No plans to go out today, must start thinking about packing for my cruise, as I am a SDM!!

donna
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default SUNDAY A.M.

Warm, a little damp and windy..and there are leaves I swear must be a foot deep on my deck.The catalpa leaves have fallen and there are some maples that refuse to give up their golden leaves. .Suitcases now have to come up.. and decisions made what to bring and what not to...decisions, decisions.. One more trip today to maybe "freshen" up my wardrobe.. and then we too are off.. Hoping we hear from the "upgrade fairy" tomorrow..and then a week of dog, bird sitting and M.D. appts..and the start of preparing food for my feathered crew while we go away.. They still bringing in lobsters up in N.S...an unusal abundance down here. Time to make the coffee
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Donna and Parrot Mom. You soon to be cruisn' fools. I have almost three months before I get on the ship.

We had a fun Halloween party. I really enjoyed myself. The kids did some "trick or treating" with the mom's, dad's and us grandparents walking with. Afterward it was the kids in the downstairs and the parents upstairs and both groups were enjoying themselves. I did end up fixing the host's PC. All that was wrong with it was the RJ45 cable from the PC to the cable modem (router).

Today will be a "do nothin" day. Both Betty and I were awakened at 06:00 a.m. by the furry alarm clock wanting his breakfast. Perhaps we'll do a Sunday brunch at a local restaurant. That sounds good.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween and has a super Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Admiral

ah yes, the furry wake up call, I had the same greeting early morning. Some one forgot to tell especially the little white mutt that sleeping in just ONCE would be nice.
Municipal election day here. The out come where I live is all but certain, but I am voting any ways just to let the guy no not every one voted for him .The alternative is awful, but its the first time any one has run against the mayor in more than 20 years.
RD also dull here but warm. Glad you had fun at the party Mike.
We had very few kids and I didnt open the door. I gave out all the kids in the town houses where I live bags of treats that I made up, we all have been doing this because for a long while hoards of cars came from other areas as they want to hit as many homes as they can in a small space, and town houses fit that bill.We got fed up of people coming that we never saw in our lives and were from several KM away. We also got tired of 16 yr olds showing up at the door This makes it nicer, we give to the kids who actually live here and now every one knows this set of town houses just doesnt open their doors and the massive influx of vans and SUV's just doesnt happen any more.
DS and his friends dressed up and there was a party. It was fun. DS was a character in a video game and his GF was little bo peep!
Best head out the door. Have a good day every one.
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!!.... from a heating up Scottsdale, Az.

Went to my grand nehpehw's T ball game yesterday morning. It was a 30 minute ride from their house. (I had no idea Tball had away games )

Later in the afternoon went to see the other grand nephews and niece in the costumes. Too cute at their young ages.

Heading to 88 here today, which has me heading to the golf course. Be busy the next couple of days early this week, with the closing on the new condo, and getting all the services changed to my name.

Have some gplf friends from home arriving mid week, then Mrs. KUki (sSHHH don't tell her I miss her), so will be getting busier as Nov. moves along.

Had 0 kids trick or treat at my condo last night. Peanut Butter Cups, anyone?
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Default FEW AND FAR BETWEEN

We have the most glorious day here.. close to 70 with the sun shining brightly.. Today, we took a long ride in our "new" car.. and play with all the dials.. for Parrot Pop and shop for me.. Life is Good!!!
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday (with an extra hour of sleep)

Good after-halloween-morning! Another toasty day to look forward to. All the clocks in the house have been changed, next, the cars.

The house work and ironing are done, so today is play day.

Have a plesant Sunday.

Judy