Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Monday

Morning Mates, from a brilliantly sunny but cool Pictou County NS.

Yesterday was a wake-up call for me. I tried on ALL my summer/cruise clothes and GASP! HORRORS! nothing fit!
Nothing more depressing than trying on pair after pair of shorts, pants, skirts and dresses and not be able to do anything up!

I have managed to pack 2 pairs of new shorts I got last week, and a couple of loose sundresses, and salvaged a couple of dressy dresses for dinners and formal night, but geez, I gotta lay off the Deep Fried Mars Bars and Sticky Toffee Puddings I've been eating down here!

I guess it's time to go back to work and the gym. It seems painting the house is not exercise enough!!

Speaking of painting, I have finished the hallway and started on the last bedroom. It is small thank goodness, so won't take long, but I may have to give myself a break today because I can hardly lift my roller arm, and gripping with my fingers is painful this morning!

Got some errands to run, packing to finish, and bills to pay, that'll keep me busy enough.....

donna
Old November 2nd, 2009, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna and all our Cruisemates who follow!

Don't worry Donna, you'll enjoy your cruise even if all you have in your grip is your underwear

Okay, how many of you had a family member who referred to a suitcase as a "grip?" I remember my grandmother who was born 124 years ago used that term.

Ah, we begin yet another Monday.

Had a wonderful Howl-O=Ween Festival and Pet Costume Contest yesterday at the Humane Society. I didn't get to see it (as usual) as I spent the four hours between set up and take down behind that grill. At least in the sandwich department we did alright. We sold around 150 hamburgers and 120 hot dogs. As one can see, I was quite the busy worker bee!

Off this morning for a blood test to see if I can get cardioverted on Thursday and once again start feeling normal (whatever that is) again.

If you would like to see some pics of some adorable animals, you will find a bunch at:
http://greenevillesun.mycapture.com/...&ListSubAlbums

For some reason I can't get stuff to link even when I do use the URL buttons above. Must be doing something wrong.

Prayers continue for those on the list as well as Blessings on all.

Todd
Old November 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Well, the sky is beginning to lighten up - so maybe we will have a pleasant day.

The weekend went by quickly. The Birthday Party for the cat Turnip - was a huge success - the three Turnip Dishes, were not delicious, almost inedible. There were party favors, prizes for games, one of which was a quiz on turnips, the vegetables. A cake in the image of a cats head, was dessert. Somewhere in the middle of the thing I mentioned we should do a monthly family potluck. It went by unnoticed and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then half an hour later my middle sister said, "Well since we are doing a monthly potluck...." The first two have been planned - wow.

Sunday - busy day at church. Also bought a netbook. Just need something small and totable. Picked an Asus - pink for $300. I love my pink Dell - but it is a pain to lug around everywhere, so this will be much lighter. When on the road I really just check email, download some photos, so I think it will be just fine.

Today - meeting with a loan officer at the Church and with the Pastor at 10 - we a loan at a high interest rate, time to renegotiate.
Then another brief meeting at church at 3:30.
Then play practice at church at 3:15
Glad Monday is my official day off - lol.

Hope November is a great month for all Cruisemates!

ToddDH - have you considered asking the Doc to write you a prescription for Vitamin K? I had to take for a few weeks before each surgery to make sure I didn't hemorrage.

RD - what size - I could fed ex up some of my summer clothes...
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sun, and chilly today...think I will do some beading to send out a cruise/holiday collection to my Cape store. Nowhere to go today, so tea and beads

Yesterday we had Michael James's christening, and he was the best baby there, After the priest poured the water on him, he had a mohawk Nice to have all the family together..add in friends and it was such a nice day.

My son who works for a newspaper, will soon print all the black Friday sale inserts...Bruce is salivationg about a 50 inch plasma tv, Sears will have, and I think he ia formulating his game plan in his mind, already

Good thoughts to all, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............we survived the turning of the clocks back........sorta........forgot one very important one......the heat.........sp the heat came on a hour early & woke us up.......no sleeping in for us..........

It's Monday......so it's laundry.........never ending.....oh well......

Todd...........glad ya had a good time........

Trip..........nice day to just relax & enjoy your tea......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Today will be a day in court.

My son filed a suit against a body shop that did substandard work on his car and refused to re-do it. I get to go and be a witness. Oh fun.

Otherwise it's a bright, bright, bright sun shiny day here in Minnesota. Other than court there isn't anything on the agenda.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful Central Texas. The windows are open and the cool breeze is nice.

I have errands to run today. Not to much, so I should be home by early afternoon. I did not do as well with the time changes. I was confused all day yesterday. It seemed so much later all day.

I hope all of you are well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Monday

Good morning from Southern California.

Luanne, I was confused by the time change, too.
Mike, sorry about the court thing. I hope your brother wins.

I plan to do some house work that I've put off. Keith is getting dressed for the gym. Coffee smells good.

Judy
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A gorgeous start to the day in Sunny Airzona. Waiting to get a home inspection done today on the new condo. Only problem is no one has been able to figure out how to turn on the power.

Assume that will get done sometime today, as we're supposed to close tomorrow.

No golf for me for the next couple of days, until we get this done.

Then will have to start shopping for furniture, etc. to eqip that one. I'm experienced now at going from zero to complete now though
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Jen, thanks for the offer. You and I USED to be about the same size, but not anymore! I've never gained weight in my entire life so this is new to me and a little disconcerting to say the least!

donna