Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Default Good Wednesday Morning

It's a cloudy damp day here in WI. I hate to leave, but it will be nice to get to Florida where I can enjoy some warmer sunny days. Hopefully I'll get the ok from the doctor today to leave by the end of the month.

Todd, I hope you had some success at the doctor yesterday. Having to deal with chronic health issues can really wear on you. I love your upbeat attitude, but I know how hard it is to keep upbeat.

My prayers going out to all of you who are struggling right now. Special prayers for Luanne and Delft.

Have a good one.
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope you are all well and ready to go attack the day. Not much new going on here. I'm just enjoying my involuntary laundry embargo, at least until tomorrow.

They weather is gray and overcast. The ground is saturated from all the rain that has been falling the past few days. I need to go Christmas shopping and get into that mode. hard to believe it's almost Thanksgiving.

Well I better get to work here. I have plenty to do, Lord knows. Take care and have a great hump day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Good morning, Phyll, Beenie, and all my other mates!

We have another beautiful fall days, so come on down! Won't last long, so you better hurry.

Nothing drastic on tap for me, today. DH has gone golfing with a friend, so he won't be underfoot, for a little while. I had better take advantage of it. Main priority will be pulling out clothes to pack for our cruise. Still trying to decide how much to pack, for our 20 day trip (13 day cruise). There isn't a laundry on the ship, so that is an issue. The fill-a-bag special that the ship offers, will either have to be whites or blacks. How many suitcases can I take?

It's all good, though, if this is the worst that I have to deal with!

My prayers to all those hurting and needing healing.
Mariner of the Seas
Carnival Magic Bloggers Cruise 5
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from sunny central Texas. It s cool here today, but not unbearable.

I had an appointment this morning, but called to cancel. I don't feel good, and with so much going on with the flu, I didn't want to take the chance to spread it. Hopefully it is nothing.

Phy, I hope you get the go ahead. Glad you are feeling better.

BW I remember not to long ago, having to wait for my washer. It's funny that you hate doing this chore, until you can't.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Beenie- I did like you suggested and attacked the day -- it attacked back.

Next week we will be having all or a significant part of the gang over for Thanksgiving -- this time including one or more grandaughters. :-D My task is to shop for the ingredients.

Still crazy busy at work - spending time monitoring the stimulus act grants to make sure the money is being spent and spent properly. So far so good.

Changing of the Guard, Nassau, Bahamas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Goodmorning Cruisemates,,,,
Wow I can't believe it,,,I finally got logged on,,,been trying off and on over the last few days,,,but had to get help. A big Thanks to who ever saved me,,,<bg>

Phyll so glad you are feeling well enough to head south,,,but then we all know that warm weather will make you feel better also. Sure wish we were headed that way,,,but someday soon,,,

Our weather here in the tidewater of Va. has improved from last week greatly,,,we had the Nor Ida storm hit us pretty bad. Lots of folks are still trying to recover. The water has gone down but geezzz what a mess it leaves behind. The good thing for us personally is it's created lots of work,,,as we are in the flooring business.

Hope everyone has a great "hump" day,,,and prayers to those in need,,,

Jo Anne

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Good morning everyone,

It's another beautiful November day here in the land of 10,000 taxes.

Nothing on the agenda for today. Just some more board stuff.

Phyll: I am so glad you are up and doing good!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and a great rest of the week.

JoAnne: Wow! You're fast. You really must have been missing the boards. The miracle of cyberspace.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Good Morning to all. Its been a busy and painful few days. I have a badly infected toe that had to be opened up , and then I broke two fingers, and this while looking after a dog with a rather bad bladder infection.My mother is a stable unstable. Every one else is well. Our weather has been wonderful, mild for the time of year and no rain at all. Bye for now.
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California.

"Stable unstable." I am sorry about your mother, Delft.
Todd, I hope you are doing well.
Rollerdonna, where are you?
VtJen, where are you?

Keith plans to buy a turkey in a day or two. He plans to brine it, a delicious recipe from Emeril LaGasse.

Keith would also like to brine the bills we have received for chemotherapy and radiation.

No big plans today. I should start the weekly ironing but will do that tomorrow.

Old November 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Good evening ALL!

Phyll, I'm so glad you're well enough to travel and there are few better spots than Florida at this time of year! Just keep it slow and easy.

We had a delightful visit with my great friend, mentor and physician yesterday morning whereat I received my monthly lecture. Fran has a very worrisome swollen lymph node in her neck that J.R. said she had to point out to her Oncologist on Tuesday. We both had H1N1 vaccinations and Fran of course had a reaction and spent yesterday in bed. She's fine today. She gets a reaction from virtually any type vaccination and I figured she, unknown to me, asked J.R.'s Nurse about them. I figured something was up when before she left she began with, "Now when I get home and get back into bed, the only things I want you to do are, the cooking, the cleaning, a few loads of laundry, some vacuuming and dusting of the living and dining rooms. I merely responded with an obedient, "Yes ma'am."

Little does she know that when they finally do put the paddles back to me, I too am going to get a "reaction" only mine is going to last TWO days! (heh-heh-heh).

Prayers continue for all of my "Mates" on my prayer list as well as thanks for those of you who have received relief. All of the previous requests are, of course, accompanied by a special request for Blessings on all.

Tomorrow, it's back up to Johnson City for yet another visit with the Count with the dark cape and the large fangs. Thank heaven the attacks are on the inside of my elbows and not my neck as by now everyone would think I had the dreaded "neck crud."