Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default It's Tuesday Rise and Shine

Good morning all from the great state of Texas. It is cool this morning, and the weather is getting colder.

I had such a wonderful night last night. I went out for the first time in months with a girl friend of mine. It was almost like old times. We actually had a few laughs.

Well, we are T minus 7 days until hubby arrives home. The Army always taught us to have a small "Honey Do" list ready, so that the returning soldier felt like they were still needed. Jim should feel really welcome this time.

I hope all of you have a good day. Remember, life is so short. Love much, and take the time to enjoy life.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning Luanne and all who follow.

Boy Luanne, Jim is so short that if he fell off the head of a pin, he'd break his leg! I know I write for all when I say I and Fran are so thrilled for you both that he'll soon be home.

'Tis a gorgeous albeit cool morning at 32 F here in upper East Tennessee as the sun climbs behind the mountains.

Not much on tap today until this evening when a friend is taking us and our visiting niece Adelaide out to supper.

Tomorrow we're going to the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for a day or two and take Ad to Dollywood. Of course the last time I checked it's supposed to be heavy rain tomorrow. It is however, due to abate on Thursday so........ At any rate we'll see and anyway that's why God made umbrellas.

Prayers and Blessings and I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

Todd
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Captain

The sun is coming up here and burning off all the frost from last night. It is cold this morning but due to warm up a little as the day goes on.

LuAnne, I am so glad that Jim is almost home! I can't put in words how much I appreciate his scarifice to serve our country. This is a very hard time of year for families to be separated by war, but our soldiers are a tough breed.

Today I have spent the morning doing a few domestic chores , these are not my favorite things. I need to make a run to the bank and post office sometime before noon. This evening we have square dance lessons with a bonus of a pizza party for the group. One of our members owns a pizza shop and is throwing this party for the new class. He is such a nice person to do this, plus it means I don't have to cook supper!!!!

May take some time and dig out the Christmas decorations. The grandaughter is getting impatient with me since I don't have my tree up yet. Her family put theirs up on Sunday so I am suppose to have mine up too!

Todd- enjoy your trip to Dollywood. We spent many a day there when it was still Silver Dollar City....OK I am old! Would love to be down there this time of year and hit the shopping venues, but alas I will have to do all my shopping around here this year.

Hope everyone has a great day and prayers for all those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I am (unhappily) back home in Calgary, where we arrived to a drive home from the airport in white out conditions.UGH

This morning I have to go out to get the snow tires put on my car, because I left town so quickly in Oct, before I got a chance. It's DARN cold out!

Have a large to do list to get through to get everything organized before we leave in two weeks to head back to Arizona for the winter.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............no rain...but cool.....I'll take it.....

Kuki.....sorry ya have white out.......just keep thinking of your warm out........

Todd.......you & Fran have a great time......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's been a scary morning for Betty and me. We went to the coffee shop in town and on our way home we were driving into the sun when suddenly a pickup truck and trailer were coming at us in our lane. Betty was able to swerve out of the way but the car behind us could not and there was a head on collision with the car in back of us causing that car to spin 180 degrees and roll over and the truck going into the ditch and hitting a tree.

Both of the drivers were severely injured and I made sure that no one tried to pull the drivers out of the vehicles. A couple of witnesses started to pull one driver out of the car. Not a good idea. The cars were not leaking of gas nor was there any imminent fire.

Both drivers were semi-conscious and were pinned by the steering wheels. Only the truck had an airbag but both drivers were pinned in by the steering wheels. The fire department put cervical collars on the drivers and used the "Jaws of Life" to get them out and onto back boards and into the ambulance.

We are just happy that we were able to avoid the head on. It took about ten minutes before the adrenaline wore off and the thoughts of what could have happened to us sank in. We're lucky to still be here.

So, I'll go back to doing "board stuff" and know how lucky I am to being doing it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Admiral

WOW Mike, that IS scary! I too, am glad you and Betty avoided the collision are are here today being "board".

donna
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday Rise and Shine

Good morning from Southern California. Another warm sunny day on tap.

Mike, wow! You had a close call. Will the two drivers live?
Luanne, an exciting time for you. Hope you and Jim have a nice Christmas.
Sue, Keith and I haven't even thought about a tree. One year we didn't put one up at all, and that felt really weird.

I might work in some Christmas shopping before my appt. with the oncologist midafternoon.

Have a good day, poeple.

Judy