Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default It's Wednesday Dec. 2nd

Good morning from a cold Texas, where it is 3:57 in the morning, and I can't sleep.

You might say what Jim says, "What's wrong?" Nothing I would say. I just couldn't sleep.

I have an appointment at 9:00 so it's to late to sleep now. I would never wake up.

Jim told me a few hours ago that he will be wheels up in the morning. He has to go to Kwait for a few days, but should be home sometime Sunday.

These next few months are going to be doozies for us. We have a court date on the 14th. This will be our first face to face with you know who. This is when the judge will say "How do you plead"

Two days later is a good thing. It is when I find out whether I can cruise again, and enjoy it. It is a shorty for Jim and I, because later that week is Christmas, and we want to be back in order to try and get through putting up the tree. He normally puts up outside lights, but I don't feel right about it this year. What do you think? Should we?

Of course next is New Years. We were all together on the Valor last year.

Next comes the date it happened, and the day I had to let him go, and then the trial, which will most likely start on my birthday. Last year for my birthday I sat for many hours in the police dept in Austin.

So you see I have a lot to look forward to.

But, to count my blessings. I survived a whole year. I made it, and it didn't take everything I had away. Josh will graduate from college, and then he can begin his life in law enforcement.

Jim will be home, and he can fish until his lure freezes off.

Well, I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............

Luanne........I say yes....put the lights up.....try & enjoy......

I also understand about the birthday.........been there....done that...

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny in the 50's today, so I will be out and about taking advantage, before reality sets in Tomorrow, I have a date for lunch, with my oldest friend....pals since I was eleven.....she is a year older and born 2 days after me, so we always try to do lunch, but this year we missed it..It's makeup together time

Luanne, when heaven looks down on your house, all lit up, a special someone will be smiling. I say, if you "can " put the lights up, an acknowledgement of just how far you all have come. You are a hero to many

Good thoughts to all,and make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a less exciting morning than yesterday. The two drivers in yesterday's accident are alive but one is in critical condition and the other is in stable condition. That's all I know and I found that out from last night's news.

Nothing really exciting on the agenda for today. Just a trip to Costco to buy three trees worth of paper towels, the Side 'O Beef and maybe the "small" two thousand count coffee filters.

Luanne: Put up the Christmas lights. Nothing is more irritating than putting them up but nothing is more enjoyable than "having" them up.

Sharon: Have fun doing "Not much".

To everyone: Have a fantastic Wednesday!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Luanne and all who follow.

Jim couldn't be coming home at a better time, Luanne.

I could never imagine what you have been going through and how brave and resolute you and Jim have been.

Let's be honest, this Christmas will be rough....really rough.

You asked for advice and truth be told, there is no way anyone who has not gone through the loss of a child, especially under similar circumstances, could ever advise you. Overall, I personally feel the lights are not that important. I say that if it will make you feel better to put 'em up, then do so.

As always, our prayers remain with you and Jim and we'll be here, all of your Cruisemates, throughout the season.
-----------------

Fran, Adelaide and I are off this very rainy Wednesday to Pigeon Forge, I'll be taking my lap top of course and I only hope I don't have to keep changing passwords everytime I change computers. It's probably my fault.

Prayers continue for all of you on the list as well as Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Captain

The rain has arrived and it is getting cold. I have a little one taking her morning nap so thought I'd jump on and see what everyone is up to. Today will be a play day once little one wakes up. We may bake some cupcakes for big sis later today. I picked up so real cute little cupcake papers with holiday designs so they might get used.
We had a nice time last night at our square dance class. Pizza was served and it was so good. I tried a new one, sausage with kraut. It was so good, I went back for more!

Luanne - I vote for putting the lights up. You have been so strong through this past year and this would be a good sign that you have made it! If I were closer I'd come help get it done.

Mike- enjoy the day at Costco. We don't have those around here, only Sam's clubs.

Trip - have a great lunch. It is always nice when you can visit with old friends. I lost my best girlfriend about 5 yrs ago and miss her so much. We were living miles apart but kept in touch on a regular basis and I would give anything for one more visit with her.

Hope you all have a great day and prayers continue for all in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!

I have to say I was happy to see Luanne started the morning thread this morning, but a little sad to see we only had one to choose from unlike the 3 we had yesterday. I got a chuckle yesterday at the number of people who posted in all of the three morning threads yesterday. It was nice to see that sometimes it gets a little quiet here. It is much better when we get to hear about everybody's day. Honestly I think it's great to have three morning threads I love reading it all.

Well today I expect to be hearing from the store manager at Lowes. I don't know how this will all go down, since he was also supposed to be getting back with my parents about their delayed kitchen cabinets 2 days ago and he never called them either. My parents who've been cooking with a hot plate and a microwave since their kitchen is torn up and they've been waiting a month for kitchen cabinets, they finally went in last night and got a full refund, then ran over to Menards and ordered nicer cabinets but they should be delivered quicker than the ones they ordered four weeks ago from Lowes. We'll see. But as it stands right now, I don't have time to drive my truck up to Chicago to get them cabinets which I know are in stock ( which is what they want me to do now ) I offered to do this back in November when things weren't quite so hectic but they wanted no part of it at that time and looked at me like I was out of my mind for suggesting such nonsense.
So if I don't hear from him today, I will be making the hike down to get a refund on the fridge as well. It is ridiculous what a person has to deal with to make a simple retail transaction. It's a miracle these companies stay in business. But in the big scheme of things it's all pretty small potatoes.

I have quite a bit to do today. I doubt I will get to all of it and I don't even care. I went and helped Santa out a little last night with some late night Christmas shopping and was awake until about 1:00 a.m. I made d/h's lunch before going to bed and got to sleep until the kids woke me up at 8:30. They are all atwitter with the excitement that comes when the first gifts appear under the tree.

Luanne, I don't know how you could sleep. How do you turn off the noise in your head from all that is going on in your life over the next couple of months and then of course your first Christmas without your Joe, it's all too much. But as usual you continue to amaze, and keep moving forward. I think you and I are close to the same age, and one thing I've noticed as I've been in my 40's and also my girlfriends report the same, is how fragile our sleep patterns are. Stress, what we drink, body temperatures, room temperatures etc... all mess up our sleep. You have so much more going on. So be kind to yourself. If you don't feel like lights then don't worry about it, if you want to try them and decide it's not something you can enjoy, then unplug them. I think from talking to friends of mine who've gone through similar situations...One of my girlfriends has gone through 1 trial and has 2 more yet to attend in the murder of her daughter who was murdered in a robbery attempt by three young men in New Orleans prior to hurricane Katrina... I can't believe that she has had to wait this long. It's all so sad. Anyway the thing that keeps coming back to me through these tragedies is, to try not to focus so much on what sort of punishment is handed down from our justice system, as it will never be enough to bring back the child you lost, and it is still only temporary (even a life sentence is only temporary, if you know what I mean) the thing I've seen my friend focus on is the fact that everyone will face a great and final judgment and on that day all those wrongs will be made right. All that you've lost, will be restored and the final punishment will be just and will fit the crime.

Well I am so glad so many of us are here and posting this morning. I miss you folks when you aren't around. I've been concerned for Delft and Jen and hope that they are both hanging in there.

Have a great day everyone!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's BRRRRRRR in Calgary. At this rate my tan isn't going to make the weekend. No more looking like George Hamilton

Going out today to get my H1N1 shot. Then some running around taking care of errands. I have to get to Costco to... so Mike I'll wave.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday, December 2nd

Good morning from a very overcast Southern California. The weather mavens are saying we're in for some measurable rain. I certainly holpe so.

Mike, I will wave from Cosco, too!
Luanne, I agree tht you should put up the lights.
Trip, have fun with your friend and appreciate her. I lost one to breast cancer and might be losing another to colon cancer.
Beenie, I always worry when people don't post. I know life interferes, but . . .

My appt. with the oncologist got put off until tomorrow. Not much on the agenda for today except some ironing, maybe lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It's a chilly enough day that tortilla soup sounds good.

Judy
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Expecting a light dusting of snow today in Chicago. I'm not a big fan of winter but I do love the first snow. I'm 12 days away from my cruise so let the snow come now and not when I'm trying to fly out. Tree is trimmed, lights are strung, and presents under the tree.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

For all you warehouse shoppers, from GMA this morning, some secrets that might help....

How to Find the Best Deals at Warehouse Clubs - ABC News

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone. Been a day of trying to straighten the house from being gone from 11/19 until 11/30 with a total of 48 hours between trips. So evberything that was just kind of thrown in the house after the first trip is finally getting put away.

Trip that was an interesting article.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Hi Mates, it's 4:00 in the afternoon, not exactly in time for the "Good Morning" thread, but I thought I'd better let you know I am alive, contrary to what my dear sister thought. She called me in a panic around 2 pm wondering if I were alive, because she had not seen me post on CruiseMates in 2 days!!
This morning I didn't because our internet service was down; yesterday I did, but with 3 Good Morning posts, she must have missed the one I posted in.

Anyway, I am alive and well, did a lot of driving today, some unsuccessful shopping and other errands, and now I'm home to relax a few hours before going out for dinner at the pub and Trivia Night.

Luanne, as for the lights, I say "what would Joe want you to do?" I have a sneaky suspicion that he would want all the lights up you could possibly fit on the house, along with Christmas music blaring from the speakers.
You , Jim and Josh have come a long way in the past year, and you should deal with the season whatever way you feel right. It's up to you....

Judy, I was thinking about you today...sorry your appointment got put off another day, keep us posted....

Mike, glad you had a less exciting day today...

Trip, enjoy your lunch - there's nothing like an old friend...

BW, can't wait to hear what happens with the manager. Hope you get your fridge!

donna
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Well Donna,
Funny you should ask lol. I have just returned from town. This morning after I finished my post I did a little bargain surfing on the internet and happened to find the fridge which is normally about $1,200 and I bought at Lowes for $798, has now been marked down to $673, so I printed out the page from their website and figured while I was out and about I would get a credit for the difference. I also got a 10% off coupon in my email and of course the original $250 mail in rebate. So in essence I ended up getting it for about $355.00 and they are now supposed to deliver it on Friday. Had they delivered it when they originally promised I would not have been snooping around the internet looking for fridges and would have never known they reduced the price further, and providing good service could have proved to have been much more profitable for them. So their loss is my gain. Speaking of the store manager, He didn't call, because isn't even working today. Good thing I wasn't holding my breath waiting on his call.

I am happy to be a little richer in my pocket book for having to endure the hassles of dealing with these folks. I probably won't subject myself to their abuse again unless they are practically giving stuff away once more.