Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, it's Friday once again, and for those of you working, the best day of the week!
Just another Saturday for me, although I'm working on changing that. I'm applying for a job today that looks interesting, so wish me luck!

I was going to say it's not raining for a change, because I was just out with the dog and it was mild and not raining, however now I look out the window and I see drizzle once again. We had some wicked non-stop rain yesterday, driving was not fun.
I'm hoping it dries up for this evening because the nearby town is having their annual Tree-Lighting ceremony down by the Quay, with a live Nativity scene and carol-singing. I'll try to get some photos if it's not too dark!

We have some early morning appointments, so I'd better get moving...
Have a good Friday!

donna
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
I should say COLD Morning CruiseMates!!! I woke up to 22 American Degrees, which is -5.5555556 belowin Canadian Degrees, see it sounds even colder when you look at it in celsius.

Last night I finally had another good nights sleep. I think I am finished Christmas Shopping. I was so tired yesterday I had to take a couple of hours and sleep in the afternoon to catch up.

We're all fighting irritated throats and sinuses here. I honestly think our bodies are just trying to get used to the dry air, being produced by the new heat pump and the lower temps. We've been using the corn stove for several years and for some reason it leaves more moisture in the air. The heat pump runs a lot and blows the air out with a lot of force, I think it will just take time to adjust, and this is a sign that later today, once things warm up outside a bit I need to get the shop vac out and clean out the cornstove and that way I can fire it up tonight and take the chill off and see if that will give us a little temporary relief from the dryness.

I think I am nearly finished with Christmas shopping. It's been quite painless this year, I started picking up things online as they would go on sale back in the summer and stashing them in cardboard boxes all around the house. so now all I have to do is make sure I have found them all .

Well d/h should be arriving at his office soon, the kids are both awake. I need to dart into the bath tub and then the day will officially begin.

Hope you all have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend. Take care!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:13 AM
First Mate

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning Cm-ers: Rd and all to follow !

A tad chilly here this morning in central Connecticut, but the temp is projected to go up to 50 F, so won't be too bad.

However, there is a strong possibility of the dreaded white stuff in the forecast for tomorrow night/Sunday morning...not a lot, but still....

We may shoot over to Newport RI today - it's about a 1.5 hour ride.....there is a place there that creates and sell glass...I won't post the name because I am unsure if it might be against the rules, so if someone wants to know, PM me and I will tell you.....they do have a web site and do ship....we have some of thier snowmen and tree ornaments....absolutely beautiful......and of course the rest of Newport should be fully dressed for the Holidays, so that will be good as well....we will need to dress warmly as the wind off the bay can be chilly....nothing a bracing cup of hot chocolate from Starbucks can't cure.....just need to make sure I have a mound of gold to pay for it....

RD, I am sooo enjoying your review thus far of Connie...we were on her this past March/April, and she is thus far our favorite ship....I do have a few questions, but will use the review thread to ask....."positions, everyone"....

...and lastly, after 14+ months of idleness, I will be starting work this coming Monday....same place I worked when I was laid off in September of 2008...pretty much the same job....they realized that this was a job best kept on shore as opposed to being done in India...so we are happy with that, and are already doing some planning and fund allocation for a cruise in 2011.....we will do a land vacation in Mexico this Spring....hey, I will have 29 days (vacation and sick time - they call them PTO days) plus holidays, so I need to figure out what to do with them....

...we can't help but feel fortunate with this new job....given the state of the economy....

...so I need to set the alarm and the auto start feature on the coffee pot, and learn once again to rise before dawn to start my day....

...prayers and best wishes to all for a good day and week end.....

Old December 4th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning RollerDonna, Beenie Weenie and all who follow.

This morning finds us in Pigeon Forge Tennessee and a chilly morning it is.

I, Fran and her niece Adelaide enjoyed a marvelous afternoon/evening at Dollywood yesterday. We were able to see most of the shows and as usual, the Christmas decorations are not to be believed. I fine it so refreshing to live in a part of the country wherein Christmas is still Christmas and political correctness is on very few if any agendas.

Hope everyone has a great get-away-day and prayers for those on the list along with Blessings for all continue!

Todd
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Raining

Its 0830 and pouring rain. We sure need it. Gotta go out at about 1200 so hoping it will slack off some by then.

Got a luncheon pot luck tomorrow at a club house on top of a hill in Clermont. Think I will take my Wok with a bunch of veggies. This will be our E9 Christmas get to gether. Should be nice.

C U all of youse guyss around. Have a good one

RayB

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heavy snow fall warning in affect for Calgary. Hasn't started yet. Hoping it hangs off for awhile, as I have to take my mother to an appt. this morning.

Maybe it'll just pass on by because we also HAVE to go out tonight.

If there wasn't all kind of "stuff" that needed to be dealt with, I'd hop on an airplane tomorrow and head back to Az. Forecast is for COLD all of next week.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Brrrrrr

It is below zero, but happily, our water is flowing. The roads are slick, but we must go to Colorado Springs for an appointment.
Here's hoping for a warm day filled with sunshinefor the rest of you.
marianne
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

It's also 18 degrees on the outside thermometer and chill is definitely in the air. Then again, it's December 4th so I don't know what I'm complaining about. We had a "very" small amount of snow on the ground but more is forecast for Monday. I hope it stays away until after I get to the hospital. I don't want to start my stay with a blizzard trek to get there.

Today will be a day with the kids. My granddaughter has today and Monday off of school so they will be staying with grandma and grandpa for the weekend. My daughter and SIL will be doing surgeries today but tomorrow they will buy my grandson a new bed. He'll have a nice surprise when he arrives home on Sunday.

Well: It's vacuuming time. I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a chilly, Texas. We have been told to look out for snow, but so far only a few flakes. I just heard that it is snowing in Houston.

Not a lot planned today. I need to do some grocery shopping, and then clean some more.

Jim says he has finally made it to Kwaite. That is a huge relief for me.

I hope you all have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............it is cold........suppose to drop into the 20's for the weekend lows.....30's for the highs......but like Mike said....it is Dec 4th.......

Not much happening here........will be a lazy weekend.......

Work wasn't too bad yesterday......I remebered what to do........ We even got home by lunchtime.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning to all. The sun shines brightly, but it's cold, and I hear the furnace cranking away.

It turns out I did have my six-month dose of Zometa yesterday. The doctor insisted that there'll be no hair loss, and he said I should take the doze on time. It also means that I can't see the dentist for a month, so will have to give them a call.

Keith downloaded our cruise docs yesterday. Now I feel lke it's all real and soon to be MY turn. Looks like HAL has decided that we should learn origami, what with all the folding of those computer-generated luggage tags!

Nothing much planned for today, but tomorrow I look forward to going to the annual Holiday Look In, which is four mansions professionally decorated for Christmas. It's a benefit for the Pasadena Symphony. There's usually a small musical group playing at each home.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Beenie,

If your HVAC system is of the standard variety, you should be able to get a humidifier unit for it. The humidifier will keep your house at the humidity level you specify.

Another way that a friend humidifies his house is to place a pot of water on his wood stove.

Hope that helps!

Old December 4th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Hey Dean thanks! We used to have one of those aprilaire units but after a few years they sometimes leak and our was starting to get kind of dodgy looking so I had it ripped out with the old system. I may need to re-think that. Or maybe I'll fire up the old corn stove and put a pot of water on it .

Luanne, Congrats on getting the hubby a little closer to home. That has to be a huge relief.