Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday!

Morning Mates, from Caribou River, where I'm surprised I still have a roof after last night's storm! Never in my life have I heard howling winds and sleet like that, I swear it rocked the house.
It started with some light snow, which was hard to drive in because there are no street lights between here and town. Not much accumulation though, the winds were strong. Then about 1 am the sleet started, I thought it was going to break the windows it was so loud!
All this was followed by rain, and I woke up this morning to find most of the snow melted and the roads are clear, and the temperature is +5C.

I saw on the news last night that Montreal got hit pretty hard with yesterday's snowstorm, so in this case, they got the worst of it, even though people keep telling me it's worse in the Maritimes!

The weather will not keep me from my Aquafit class this morning, then I will accompany James into town this afternoon for an appointment and a visit to the gym. Still working on those pounds....it's a losing battle at this time of year!

donna
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from day 4 of "Let's really mess with Mike".

I just had Nurse Ratchet chew me out for turning the bed alarm off and going to the bathroom by myself. I guess, for once, they were actually watching the monitor. Unlike Wednesday night where I laid flopping for ten minutes before someone decided to show up.

Overall it's been a boring four days but they've had plenty of events to monitor so I "may" be getting out today.

Betty did not visit me yesterday because of the weather. I can't really tell how bad it is but I can tell that new people coming on for the next shift all have squeaky shoes so it must be a lot more moist outside.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to you Donna in the land of the frozen coffee pot and all who follow.

We had the winds Tuesday into Wednesday that we experienced and the temperature here soared near 60 F. But you know what that means. It fell like a stone last night although not as far as predicted, it currently being 30 F at this hour.

It's truly like having a new computer just with the RAM upgrade from 256 Megs to 1 Gig.

Had thought yesterday I would have been on the road to Johnson City for my cardioversion by now but they moved it back so we're not leaving for another 1 1/2 hours.

Did you get to use your new grill yet BeenieWeenie and if so give us a "Food Channel" review.

Hope you're doing even better today Mike. Now don't become paranoid when I tell you I added you to the prayer list.

Well, best get my butt in gear and play the "Coasters" and "Put out the trash" and then get my shower.

Prayers continue for those on the list and who are suffering any sort of travail as well as Blessings on everyone. Have a fantastic Thursday!

Todd
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Captain

We too had the big wind yesterday. There were time when I thougtht for sure the roof would come off but it is still in tack. Yesterday we woke to temps of 57 but this morning it is 27 . What a difference a day makes! Snow is blowing but not to accumulate...if you can believe the weatherman!
Mike, hope all is going better today and you get sprung from there. Loved the pic and your new headgear.
RD sounds like you have another busy day in store. Just be safe in your travels and have a great time.
Todd-hope you pass your tests with a A+. You too be safe in your travels.
Me I have an afternoon of running around for everyone but me. First it is my Mom to the hairdressers and back. Then a trip to Ashland, KY for hubby, with a stop off at the cell phone store to give them some info so I can get my retriee discount. Next a stop to pick up the littlest grandaughter from her babysitter then on to school to get the bigger one after her cheerleading practice. Today I am playing Taxi driver! Just glad I can do it.

Would like to ask my fellow mates to say a prayer for a very good friends 5 wk old grandson. The little guy is in the hospital and facing surgery this morning to repair a blockage from his stomach to his small intestine. He became very ill yesterday morning and was taken to the local hospital where tests showed the blockage. He was moved to Children's Hospital in Cols. where the surgery is scheduled today. This is the first grandchild for our friends and I know they are worried about the little guy. Any prayers would be appreciated I'm sure.

Everyone have a great day and safe travels to all. Stay warm if possible.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning to everyone. I read every day but hardly ever post. I won't tell of the weather here other than to say that at the monemt it is foggy.

travelgalSue, that baby is in my prayers. To me it sounds a lot like what happenned to my oldest grandson, there is a condition that causes blockage in anyone that is cureable. It took an episode like the one your freinds grandson has for the my oldest grandson but my other grandson it was found right away and so he did not have the problem of blockage but had surgery to correct the condition at age 6 weeks. The condition is called Hirschsprung's Disease. If they find that this is his problem I can give them a couple of places to look for info and contact with parents of children with it. Just PM me.

I hope all with any problems are getting relief and that everyone has a good day.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a frozen central Texas, where I think we will have a little sun today, but not enough to warm us very much.

Today is filled the a lot of running around. We have so many things we need to do, before we go away next week. Thankfully Jim and Josh will take care of the running. I can stay home and clean.

Josh is in his last days of school. Finals are next week. You can tell he is so burned out of education. He wants to get his feet wet in the business world.

Nancy, I always love when you post. I hope you will do more from now on.

Mike, Take care of yourself. You have been in my prayers.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is good to see Luannes *sparkle* back. (welcome back sparkle) Todd take care and I wish you a very effective "paddling". You have been messing around with this long enough, they need to really give you a good whack this time. (you must have been a really bad boy).

Mike that picture with the wires... as my daughter would say, that's hot! Really all joking aside, I hope they figure out why you are floppy, oops I mean plopping, dang it, I can't type, I mean flopping.

Well today it is bloody cold at 11F/-11C, with windchills that cut through you like a knife. Looks like tomorrow should get back to reasonable temps again.

I am excited. We may have company coming. An old friend of mine from High School lives in Michigan with her husband, and this terrible economy has hit them with both barrels. Her hubby has been out of work for months, and she just got laid off. Michigan is in an awful state right now. Well he has an interview in Decatur on Monday about an hour and a half away and so it looks like they may come down and stay for the weekend. We haven't seen them since our 20th Reunion in 2002. They are great fun people and we will certainly enjoy their company.

Not much else is happening here. It is quiet and since company may be coming I better start tidying up eh?

Hope you all get on the fast track to the weekend. Wishing the very best for all of you.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We crawling towards Monday, when I ship my mother south, and Tues when we head back south.

The two weeks I'm spending at home already feels like 2 months. Is it Spring yet?

Yet another winter storm hit here in Calgary yesterday, and I had to be out and about in it, dealing with a bunch of stuff for my mother. Then had to go in the height of the storm to pick up my mother from a dentist appt.

Couldn't take Mrs. Kuki's 4X4 because she was waiting at my mother's house for the plumber to show up. 200+ accidents in the city, and I was out running around in my camaro I should have had the top down

As my mother says..."she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself", except she's had her two caregivers, Mrs. Kuki, and I runninng daily, for a week now, taking care of "her" things.

Monday I get to drive her to the airport, to head down to Arizona. We leave the next day, but I'm not giving her my address there

Mike, sorry to hear you're still a "flop"! Hopefully the new med balance wil help and just turn you into a break dancer.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday!

Good morning, everybody. No exciting weather tales to tell. Our next two storms are no big deal, and they will occur at night. No showing off!

I sent off a package to Minnesota yesterday. Saturday, I hope to finish my list. Then more wrapping, then get a tree, then just sit and wait for it all to happen.

Mike, all the best yo ya!

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............boy is it cold....2nd day of record colds.........Thanks Kuki........

Mike........glad they are figuring things out........

Luanne............get things done & have fun............

Weatherman says it will warm up towards the weekend......sure hope so.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from in the 50's, Virginia Beach. Rob and I were out of town for Thanksgiving and when we got back, I had to catch up with everything, including work! I really have missed not posting on Cruisemates and hope that all my fellow cruisemates are embarking on a wonderful holiday season! Rollerdonna, sorry about the bad weather. Several weeks ago, a terrible storm hit Virginia causing all the schools and many businesses to close. May the weather where you are improve!
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Luanne, thanks for saying that you love it when I post. I really have a boring life, not having a job I just stay at home and either read books or play on the computer. I do agree with Beenie that the sparkle is back in you.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Admiral

It's Thursday and it's very cold! I think it's 7F. and it's not officially winter yet. I guess were lucky we didn't get much snow I think less then an inch. I would rather have the cold then the snow. I finished my Christmas shopping today, I only need a couple gift cards so that was a quick trip to the mall.
Mike hope your feeling better and get to go home today.
Stay warm everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014