Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Good Friday Morning Cruisemates and all the ships at sea!

Still a bit nippy outside at 18 degrees but it's going to be a beautiful day filled with sunshine on this get-away-day.

Had my cardioversion yesterday and it went well with one possibly minor exception. I uhhhhh think they forgot to give me uhhh one of the shots. At any rate, I can now testify as to what it feels like to get a kick in the chest from a mule! In any event it lasted only a split second and my heart is back into normal rythm for hopefully more than two months this time. At this stage I'll take whatever I can get. I'm still entertaining myself pulling off those electrode sticky patches they always seem to miss!

With the climate you in which you and James now reside Rollerdonna, I know you're into the Christmas spirit if only weather wise!

Hope everything is going well with all of you including Luanne and Jim; that hopefully you're back home MikeM and failing that, you will be today; and that everyone has all of their Christams shopping done (picture that!). I know that Beenie Weenie undoubtedly does but she is so darned organized!

Prayers continue for those on the list and a request for Blessings on everyone.

Have a great weekend folks and get out there and SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Todd... I am not organized, I swear! But I am done with my Christmas shopping... I think .

Well it is still freezing here. Relief should come tomorrow when we should see some temps above 32 degrees during the day. I may have company coming in tomorrow to stay for a couple of days. Still not sure though. It will be a busy day as I also have the symphony/choir performance as well. Rehearsal starting at 3:00 and performance at 7:30, so that ought to shoot the better part of the day. I still have no clue what I will be wearing, but luckily there's lots of black stuff in the closet, so I'll throw something together.

I need to do some major speed cleaning today, and get presents wrapped for the kid's Christmas party tomorrow. D/H will have to take them as I won't have the chance to go I don't think.

Well not much else happening here at the moment. just work, work work.

Hope you all have a great day ttfn

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Thanks for that public service announcement Todd (Spend! Spend! Spend!)
I don't think we need any encouragement. I'm trying NOT to spend, since I am unemployed at the moment, but Christmas is Christmas, and I really do have to get stuff in the mail SOON!

Meanwhile, most of the "Christmas Spirit" that fell from the sky this week was melted in yesterday's rain and warmer temperatures. At the moment, it is "flurrying" out there, but it won't last.

Today on the agenda, more Christmas baking, maybe get that darn tree up finally, and try to get some stuff wrapped and in the mail.

Thinking of you Mike and hoping you are home and comfortable once again.
Give Kramer a hug from me!

And Todd, regarding the "forgotten shot" - OUCH! I've had that done, but they put me to sleep to do it. It was scary, but at least I didn't feel it!

Have a good Friday Mates, and Delft, please check in, we're wondering how you are doing....

donna
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very cloudy and cold Texas.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Captain

The sun is shinning but that is just to trick us into thinking it is warm...NOT! Temps are around 17 with the high to hit 30 maybe. At least I am in a warm house watching my little girl take her morning nap on the couch. She will be leaving around noon with her other grandma. I will be taking my Mom to a Dr. appt at 1 then back here to get ready to leave for Charleston, WV and a square dance . A busy day but that is ok.
I want to thank everyone for the prayers for the little guy I talked about yesterday morning. He had the surgery around 8am and is doing just fine now. He will be in the hospital for a few days to make sure all is working the way it should and will be home for his first Christmas. From what I've heard it was harder on Mom & Dad than the little guy. At only 5 wks old he won't even remember it. God is good and took good care of him.
Beanie you might not think you are organized but boy if I could only get as much done as you do!

Todd sorry you had to be kicked and hope it worked. Hope you stay on beat for a long time.

RD have a great day baking. I still have a lot of that to get done, along with lots of shopping. Hoping to get the shopping done this weekend.

Mike hope you have made it hope and are doing ok.

Prayers continue for all on the list. Everyone have a safe, warm and great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all, A little warmer here today in Chicago and the sun is shining. Made my son's lunch this morning with a smile knowing since I will be on my cruise next week I don't have to deal with the school things until after the New Year. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.
Happy Hanukkah!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from Unit 6C.

Still here but I will either go home today or tomorrow. It will probably be tomorrow. They have started me on a new med and need to monitor me for at least twenty four hours. It has been one of the longest hospital stays I've had in quite awhile and my arms now look like a back street junkie from all the IV's and blood work.

I hope everyone is not too cold today and that you all have a fantastic weekend.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 11th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sun, but cooooooold..if I squint I can make myself believe I am in Lauderdale I am babysitting for Lucy when she naps, hopefully, I can get a few chapters in, on the cruise expose book....

Tomorrow, when I go to work, I may find the only other employeee was fired, and that should be interesting...

Todd, Mike...good thoughts for you both, and all of our Cruisemates as well. Make it a good one....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 11th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!!

Before I begin my post, I have a Complaint to those of you who start the good morning threads..... Is'nt.... It's Friday!... BORING???

Just a little more imagination, for a more welcoming post. That's all I ask

Well, weather here is all over the map? (How can that be, when it's only here? ) more snow flurries coming today, but tomorrow the real cold moves in, as we head to serious below zero temps.

Anyone want to guess how happy I am that I'd chosen these past two weeks to be home????????

Had to make a run to my mother's house last night. I call each evening, and I got a busy signal (she has call waiting), so I ran (well not really, I drove) over and sure enough she had a phone off the hook.

I had found her dreaming of how many more bags she could pack, to give me to take to Az. for her..since she's already over her allowance. I'm told her over and over again, the place has an oven

Can't believe I offered to take the woman out for lunch today as I left.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Good morning from Unit 6C.

Still here but I will either go home today or tomorrow. It will probably be tomorrow. They have started me on a new med and need to monitor me for at least twenty four hours. It has been one of the longest hospital stays I've had in quite awhile and my arms now look like a back street junkie from all the IV's and blood work.

I hope everyone is not too cold today and that you all have a fantastic weekend.

Take care,
Mike
Mike.. hope the new meds help alot.

I had made the mistake of buying Mrs. Kuki a Kindle, on my Amazon acct. , so everytime she buys a book, my phone vibrates with the notice of purchase email.
The other day she ordered so many I said I now know what Mike feels like some days
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............it's still cold......must be coming from Kuki's way........

Mike.......hope ya make it home.....& the meds are right so you can enjoy the season........watch those arms........

Trip.....hope Saturday goes well for ya.....

Kuki......see what a son will do for his mommie?????

Trying to stay warm today.........next week they promise it will be warmer.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Kuki,

Point well taken.

I hereby change the heading on my original post to a more novel approach:

Hey, it's the day after Thursday!

Todd
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Good Friday afternoon all.

Todd, glad to see you here today with your usual upbeat attitude. I'm so glad the treatment yesterday worked so well for you.

Mike, glad to hear that they are trying some new meds on you with the hope that they will help you more too.

Sue, I'm glad to hear the news about that little guy too. I didn't post yesterday, but I was praying for him.

I spent yesterday morning at the hospital emergency room. Unfortunately I have been getting very sick again since we got here. I guess the surgery didn't help me out. The doctors gave me an IV and some pain meds, and sent me home. They just say there isn't any more they can do for me. I had my hopes up so much, and this has been a blow to my spirits, but I plan to make the best of the good days and hunker down in my bed the other ones. At least it's nothing serious. Maybe one day I'll be on that show mysterious diagnosis. :-)

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Phyll,

So very sorry to learn that your problem has not passed. Please keep searching until you find out what is causing this issue!

Todd
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

A late good morning from a soggy Southern California. At least the Weather Lady says I can go shopping tomorrow. But she says stay in Sat. night.

Todd, "It's Friday" is accurate!
Mike, both Keith and I hope that the new meds work well for you.
Kuki, by the time you get back to Arizona, you may miss the rain that we pass on to them.

Keith just got home from the gym. After he showers, we will go to Marie Calendar's and split a hamburger.

Have a good day!

Judy