Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Default Countdown to our land cruise 10, 9, 8,7,6...

Six more days until we leave on our two week land cruise to Patzcuaro, Mexico. We will be spending some of the time (at least a few days) looking at properties and getting the lay of the land as a possible retirement spot. A year ago we fell in love with this wonderful historical colonial village and this time we're going back to make sure.

Our daydreams include retiring there, most likely in the next couple of years or so, if it all feels right...

In March we will be checking out Guanajuato and in November our eyes will be on Cuernavaca.We are leaning toward Patzcuaro because of its location, 70 degree weather all year, and proximity to many other wonderful places to visit in Mexico. (3.5 hrs to Mexico city, four hours to Guadalajars, 45 minutes to Morelia, 3 hours to Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, etc.) The central location is a big draw.

This year we will also take part in the "Las Posadas" activities in and around Patzcuaro on Christmas Eve. The last time we did something like this, we got involved in an Easter procession in another colonial village. The locals put crowns of thorns on both David and I and they asked us both to march in their beautiful little parade as surrogates for Jesus.(No kidding!)

It was an amazing honor and it was a complete shock as you can probably imagine. Obviously David and I both love Mexico and the Mexican people. We just want to choose the right part of Mexico in which to live for the remainder of our lives.

We will spend three of the days in Zihuatanejo which is a port city that is new to both of us. That will have to be our winter cruise I'm afraid!
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

How wonderful for both of you, spending the holidays in paradise...I hope you have a great time investigating.....have you ever heard of San Miguel de Allende? I have seen this place on tv, and it looks fabulous!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator