Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Todd, glad to hear you are both hanging in there. If our prayers are working, you will both now Rest and Recover!
Glad to hear from Delft too, been thinking of her this Christmas Eve...

donna
Old December 24th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Admiral

I know this is probably not the same cancer. But I hope this will cheer Fran up. My dad had Lymphoblastic Lymphoma in 1979. He went through treatment and went into remission in 1980. The diease never came back. He is still here and I will enjoy spending christmas with him. He thinks drinking red wine helped him.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 24th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Todd, Just try and hang in there forty eight hours. It is not unusual to have fever for 48-72 hours from the point of starting antibiotics. Keep well and happy holiday.
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Todd, good thoughts and prayers are coming to you and Fran. I hope you're both feeling better.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Great to hear from you Todd, it's good news that Fran is hanging in there. Merry Christmas.

Old December 25th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Fran and I both so hope that each of you and yours had a truly magical Christmas.

Fran is now in the hospital. I finally took her in around Noon. the Hospitalist that literally saved her life at the end of April, beginning of May of 08 was there and it was giant Christmas hugs all around and a huge sigh of relief knowing he will be taking care of her. I know everyone at the hospital and she knows a number as well. She is always terrified of going to the hospital for the simple reason she's afraid she won't come home. But despite her rapidly deteriorating condition, she relaxed once she got there.

She is nevertheless very sick, again with Pneumonia. I'm praying Jose` (the Hospitalist) can work another medical miracle. They said we were very smart not to have waited as long as in '08.

Of course "Mr. John Law" here is now a wheezing, heart thumping lump of jello. I proved it by having to hook onto the O2 in her room, just to get enough in me to drive home. That is so very embarrassing.

But as the man said, "Youse got's to do what youse got's to do!"

Hope everyone got their every wish (which of course most of you didn't) but lacking that, you at least got your stocking stuffed not only with goodies but most of all, huge amounts of LOVE!

Will try and check in tomorrow. Prayers continue for those on the list as well as special Holiday Blessings on all. Accompanying that is a request to please keep Fran in your prayers. She's nowhere close to being out of the woods.

Todd
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Todd, Thanks for the update. Glad to know Fran is getting great care. The prayers will keep coming as long as you need them. You can reserve the right to postpone Christmas until you are both feeling better

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Admiral

Your wife is in my prayers
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Todd - prayers and good thoughts continue from here in Wisconsin.

Please, keep us updated when you can.
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Todd, glad to hear an update, been thinking about you and Fran all day.
Sorry to hear you both had to spend Christmas in the hospital, but let's hope she gets the treatment she needs and will be out of there soon!
Meanwhile, you rest up and get better as well, because when she gets home, you will be at her beck and call!
Continued prayers...

donna
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Very glad to hear that things are looking up, Todd. It's good to know Jose said you did the right thing by getting her there early. Sounds positive.

We are dealing with a fair amount of less than ideal circumstances in our family, too, but no hospital room visits this week. Just lots of surgery and stuff recently.

I hope your Christmasses all went well everyone.

Old December 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you hear you have good medical people taking care of her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers and I hope her temp starts to come down soon.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Default If You Would all Be So Kind . . .

Todd, we just got home, and the first thing we did was read your post. Of course, we will pray for Fran. Now I hope this posts.

Judy
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Captain

Todd, you two are in my prayers for a quick recovery. Please take care of yourself as she needs you as much as you need her. Hugs to you both.

Old December 27th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get up for a few minutes and give an update on Fran.

She still is very sick albeit her fever is down (which is a biggie) and that allows me to breathe a little......and I mean "a little." She is nauseous a lot and I told her that's the antibiotics that she rarely (except when she's hospitalized) receives.

The problem is, she doesn't feel any better and that really bothers me.

I literally can no longer walk 50 ft, without starting to become dizzy and having to sit down for some Oxygen. To give you an example of what that means, it took me 35 minutes yesterday to make the bed! For the first time since I got it over three years ago, I filled my portable O2 tank and took it to the hospital with me. I didn't put it on until I was in Fran's room and closed the door! :evil: My bronchitis has not changed and I've been on an antibiotic since last Tuesday. Obviously, it isn't working. Will have to do something and very soon. The bronchitis combined with the Atrial Fib is unbelievably debilitating and I'm trying to stay out of the hospital for as long as I can.

Hopefully all this bad stuff is soon over and my precious Fran is home again. As for yours truly, have no fear. I will get well simply because I will NEVER accept living in this condition. It'll probably just take some time.

Again, we both so appreciate your outpouring of love and good wishes. There is no way I can ever thank you.

Do not fear, those on the list are in my prayers every night which are accompanied by a nightly request for Blessings upon each of you.

Todd
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Admiral

I was too optomistic about Fran. Her temp went from normal last evening to 102.6F by the middle of the night.

I'll write more when I can.

Todd
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Oh Todd, my heart goes out to you. what a miserable way to spend the Christmas season for both of you. Please continue to rest as much as you can, and get better for Fran - she needs you!
Prayers continuing for both of you!

donna
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Prayers for the both of you are continuing. Please get better soon. We need you.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Todd, my prayers continue for both of you. Please don't be so hesitant to use the O2. Although it bugs you, you and I both know that your body needs it!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Todd, I want you to know that I am thinking of you guys constantly, hang in there. Also, I will share a nugget of wisdom given to me by my son who is wise beyond his years at times... don't bother wasting your energy making your bed, you're just going to climb in it tonight and mess it all up again...lol
Really I understand the need for order and organization. But right now, that stuff is not important, conserve as much energy as you can. No one will die if the bed doesn't get made, and if Fran threatens to kill you over it, that means she's feeling better. So take care of Todd, you've done a great job getting Fran the care she needs and you have placed her in the care of people you trust. Now it is time to give yourself a little break and sit down for a bit and rest.

Don't make me come down there and hog tie you to the recliner.

You know you guys have a special place in my heart. Hang tough Sarge, you can do this.

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Todd I know it is hard for you. But you need to take care of yourself to. If you need to use the O2, then use it. If you need to go to the hospital go to the hospital. Your health is very important also. I'm sorry to hear Fran's temp went back up. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Admiral

My thought and prayer are still with you and Fran. She's in the best place she can be and is getting the best care she can get. Stay strong and know were here for you. Bless you both.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

We all have our fingers and toes crossed that everything will be fine. I can only imagine the heartbreak of uncertainty. Please do take care of yourself, buckle your seatbelt and drive carefully and try to eat regularly.

Our prayers are with you.

Old December 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default If You Would Be So Kind

Todd, our prayers are with you and Fran. Both Keith and I think about the two of you all the time. Take good care of yourself. Fran needs you.

Judy
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Todd, how clear your loves shines for Fran in your posts. I hope you are trying to do the best for yourself as well. So many people acrross the miles are keeping you both in our hearts....I hope this day brings our answered prayers.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 27th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Still praying Todd! And as the others have echoed - take care of yourself - for you need your strength and energy in order to care for Fran.
How special you both are to us.
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Just got in from a long day, and I had to check in to see how you were doing. I'm so sorry to hear that Fran's temp went up again. My heart and prayers go out to both of you.

Phyll
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Todd.................you & Fran are in our thoughts & prayers......take care of yourself......I know it's VERY difficult when your loved one is not feeling well.....but remember......Fran needs you well.......

Hope you are both feeling better by now..........

Sharon
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Admiral

To all my beloved Cruisemates,

You have no earthly idea how much your kind words of love and support mean to both of us. I just sit here with tears running down my cheeks reading but then again, men have hormonal changes as well

It's been a real rugged day. They got her temp back down at least to 99.4 F to around 100.5 F depending upon when it's taken and we're all praying it doesn't spike again tonight. She is one very depressed and very sick puppy. I keep telling her she has to keep fighting no matter what. She hasn't eaten bupkis in two days simply because she is so nauseous from the anti-biotics. They gave her anti-nausea meds today but she still couldn't bring herself to eat.

Surprise! (not) I found out that I too have pneumonia or at the least, the beginnings of pneumonia. I got a script for Avelox (once daily x7). I'm really going to try to stay out of the hospital myself. If I can do it, great; if I can't, then I accept that. I told Jose`that if the Avelox ends up not doing the trick and I have to be admitted at any point to put me next to her BUT NOT IN THE SAME ROOM!!!! Actually there's a good reason for that. They're all single rooms

I'll stop boring you'uns and go feed our feline children.

I know I speak for Fran when I tell you we both love you all!

Todd
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Todd, that is progress moving in the right direction. I am glad that you are getting cared for as well. Lets just keep praying that this upward swing continues and you guys can get back home to your usual routine soon. Give the fur babies lots of love, they know when things aren't right.

Funny story along those lines... my next door neighbor and I have been feeding a very shy homeless kitty, who comes up the back of our property next to the corn field. He is cute and very adorable but won't get close to her at all. He shows up, eats, and then runs away when ever she comes close to him. Well last week they had to make a very tough decision to have their very old, sad, blind poodle put to sleep, and she had just come back from the vet who told her it was time and they should think about putting the dog to sleep soon because she was beginning to really suffer.

So she goes out back on her patio, and just starts bawling her eyes out. well guess who popped out of the cornfield and came up to her to comfort her in her sorrow. He let her hold him and pet him and just stuck around until she was ready to go back in. I really believe that sometimes our pets are smart and have an emotional depth we don't give them credit for.

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!