Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Admiral

Default Good Christmas Morning !!! Any Cruise Gifts?

a very early early Friday Christmas morning greeting from New Orleans.."Fires By The Bayou" is a tradition where elaborate wooden structures are built by the Mississippi so that Santa can find his way to the city to deliver his gifts... I have not been to sleep yet because I have been downloading a brand new SONY MP3 player with all the artists CD's from next year's Capital Super Cruise 4 Cool Jazz and Soul cruise on the Carnival Liberty for my VW beetle neighbor as my Christmas present to her as an invitation to join me on the cruise

who else is receiving cruise today ?

Todd, my friend you and your bride are in my thoughts and I will say an extra special prayer at my church this morning at 0900 for both of you
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Merry Christmas and a Good Morning Mates,

Today is a bit warmer - it is a white Christmas.
No cruise gifts yet, but we have only celebrated with the inlaws. Not sure what the day will hold, but I don't see anything cruise related in sight.
I am still trying to plan a winter or spring cruise....

I too, am thinking for Todd and Fran and praying for them today. Hope to hear a better report soon.

I have lots to do, still! So I best get motivate. I really just feel like going back to bed. My sinus infection is back for the third time this fall, will it ever go away? oh well.

My very best wishes and thoughts go out to you - your names are running thru my mind. Please enjoy your day!
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Christmas Morning Mates, and I hope it is a good one wherever you are.
Todd and Fran, been thinking of you a lot, and praying there is improvement for you both today..

Well, it's still pretty green out there, but it did snow last night, just a dusting, and the temp is hovering just below 0.
We have a quiet day ahead of us, no plans, no family, no friends, just the 2 of us opening presents under the tree. It's very strange.

I'm still making a turkey though, can't give that up! Thank goodness for Butterball stuffed frozen turkey breasts!

Oh, and in answer to Venice's question, no, no cruises this Christmas....
Only the thought that we'd like to be one one this time next year!

donna
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!

Venice, what a great gift! I can only imagine how excited your neighbor will be!

It is still quiet in my household, and DH is still sleeping! We opened our gifts with our DS, DIL and PGB (precious grandbaby) last night. Nope, no new cruises. Today we will join them and my DIL's family for a wonderful dinner. Our two families have truly melded into one.

My prayers continue for Todd and Fran. May they get that one special gift this year.

Best wishes to one and all! Merry Christmas!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's bright sunny and will be around 40 ish, and a white Christmas in Beantown Todd, I hope this morning finds Fran doing much better, and your Christmas prayer is answered.

Since Bruce cannot keep a present a secret, I have been enjoying a 7 inch lcd tv, and he has a new 23 inch monitor...all the better to see you with my pretties

I hope after the new year,I can get a cruise pinned down for us, I so enjoy looking at all the options I daydream, about the sun and shopping

I hope your day is filled with family and friends, good cheer, and a good nap! xoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's a white christmas in Scottsdale... if you can believe it.

Well sort of, the golf course off of our patio has frost on it. So everyone living on golf courses here has a white christmas morning

Mrs. Kuki is still snuggled in bed, and I've already been up and washed the floors. My sucking up, because I'm going golfing later this morning with friends from Calgary.
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning and Merry Christmas from Texas. We had snow yesterday which was very unpredicted. Today it is cold and sunny.

We are not really having Christmas here this year. We have a few gifts to each other, and the menu has been changed. I just could not celebrate without Joe. Hopefully next year will be better.

I do hope that all of you have a wonderful day.

Todd, You were first in my prayers last night. I hope this morning brought you better conditions.

Love you all,

Luanne, Jim and Josh
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well today is a lovely soggy Christmas morn. My girlfriend Deb says, "if you squint just right, it looks like snow"

We've had a wonderful exciting morning. I am so thankful for our little kiddo's and their enthusiasm. It makes the day worthwhile. I really count my blessings today when families are separated by miles and wars and blizzards, that we are here, safe sound and together. We have nowhere to go and nothing to do other than share the day together.

The bird is in the oven. I will start a creamy bacon green bean casserole in a bit, then peel some potatoes, along with gravy and a nice shrimp and corn bisque. Followed by the German chocolate cheesecake. Should be a nice day just the four of us.

Todd and Fran you are in my heart and prayers this Christmas, as well as Delft and Luanne. Hang in there, check in and let us know how you're doing, we're here for you, always with a shoulder to lean on and a ear to hear.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Merry Christmas all Cruisemate friends. It's quiet in my house right now. I'm the only one home. I've been to my daughter already this morning to watch the kids open the hundreds of gift they get there, or so it seems like that many. While I was at my daughters Dave went to his daughters for their Christmas. Sometimes we have to go in two different directions to keep peace in the family. In a little while the grandkids will come here to open what FEW gift I got them. Later this afternoon we will go have supper with my mom who once again insisted that she good a meal for everyone. She says this will be the last one she cooks for us, it's just to hard on her and she will not let anyone help her.

Do cruise gifts for us. We just returned from ours and it looks like 2011 will be our next one, unless we win the lottery, then I will have one booked before the ink on that check dries. We have a big trip planned for Colorado for a wedding in August. That will be our BIG trip for the year.

Everyone have a great day and a happy new year.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Default Merry Christmas

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on this great board
Old December 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Good morning and Merry Christmas.

We enjoyed a wonderful service at the park that our church did last night, and then had a great time at my brother's house with family, food and friends. Can't believe it, but we got a call at 7:30 this morning to come over and join them for breakfast and gift opening. What a blessed and joyful time we've been having. Tonight we will join our neices new inlaws for a dinner at their house. I haven't had big families to celebrate with since I was a child, so I am really enjoying all of this. Having a new baby in the family makes it even more special.

Todd and Fran, my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I hope today will bring news of a break in Fran's temperature. God Bless you both.

Luanne, my heart goes out to you and your family too.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Merry Christmas from the Pacific Northwest.............

No snow........no rain.......just cool......I'll take it.......

Todd & Fran.......we're thinking of you & you are in our prayers......

Luanne............I'm sure y'all enjoyed it.....& that's ALL that matters....

Phyll............does make a difference when you're not use to big gatherings.........

Kuki............watch out for the white stuff........

Hoping Mike is having a good time on our coast............

Y'all have a great Christmas!!!!!!

Sharon
Old December 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Default Good Christmas Morning! Any Cruise Gifts?

A late but good Merry Christmas to all my CruiseMates! I hope this posts. Keith says it should (on Fire Fox), but now IE won't work.

Beenie, thanks for trying to help. Keith reported the problem to the Web Master.

Todd and Fran, Keith and I are thinking of you and praying for you both.

I awoke with a fierce allergy attack that I hope will disappear when we leave the house. We plan to go the San Fernando Valley later and spend Christmas Day (and my birthday) with Keith's son and family. Looks like we will have a German dinner, along with Keith's favorite dessert, a lemon mousse. MIL says she had to call her sister in Germany to see how she fixed the entree. Then she said, "Oh well, it will be edible!"

Well, no cruises under the tree, but we are cruising in January! Yippee!

The happiest day to all of you.

Judy and Keith
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Admiral

A Merry Christmas to all!!

Arlene and I decided not to exchange gifts this year as we decided that travel should be our gift to each other. Today, we went to Christmas service at the Garden Tomb and then spent the afternoon at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

This is my third trip to Israel; second over Christmas while it is Arlene's first trip. For all that are too fearful of travelling here; don't worry. This is really an easy trip with wonderful sites.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14