Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Has Banned Cougar Cruises

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

That must have been one heck of a cruise. They have "swingers cruises", bear cruises and nude cruises and none of them have been banned.

My thoughts are that it wasn't a full ship charter and other passengers were not happy and/or someone got too forward and a lawsuit was filed against Carnival.

When this cruise was talked about on the boards I did believe that it wasn't going to end well.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Let's not forget the "Elvis cruise". Happy 75th birthday Elvis!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Let's not forget the "Elvis cruise". Happy 75th birthday Elvis!!
Yep, as ol' ELVIS would say,,,,,"Thank you,,,,,,,,Thank you very much".

"SKY"
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Mike, I agree. I didn't see much good coming from the Cougar cruise myself.

Here is my guess on what happened. There were plenty of cougars but no "prey". I saw young guys posting saying, "if it's a cougar cruise they should be paying for me to go."

I can just imagine the catfights that broke out over the few young dudes that might have been there. Either that, or the planners just didn't plan ahead and there almost no guys onboard and they just sort of disappeared into the background and left Carnival to deal with all the complaints.

In any case - it is just another example of how outsiders have the wrong vision of what cruising is like, there are still some neophytes who envision cruises as nothing but single people roaming the decks looking for action.

I'll never forget when we tried to organize a family cruise the wife of one of the cousins said "I wouldn't trust my husband on a cruise." She was kidding of course, but to us the comment just made no sense until we realized what she was referring to.

Old January 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Yep, as ol' ELVIS would say,,,,,"Thank you,,,,,,,,Thank you very much".

"SKY"
That would be, "Thank ya. Thank ya verruh, verruh much.
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Admiral

so Paul..guess there will not be a Cruisemate Cougar group cruise in the near future what about a Cruisemate Saber Tooth (male) group cruise :: ::
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Did I miss something?:???:

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Default I think this is on topic....

I would be informed if it was a "special cruise" before or during booking, right? i.e Cougar, nude, Elvis, etc.

I sure do hope i would be pre-notified. That would be a strange first cruse for my wife and I. Don't you think? It would go a little something like this...where is our luggage? "oh you didn't know this is an all nude cruise."

Ahh!

Puerto Aventuras Vacation Guide
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Group Cruises

Dave - where have you been???

WeCool - unfortunately, it is not possible to notify people ahead of time if you are going to be on a cruise with a large group. It is one of the most common complaints in the industry - not that it happens often, but it does a few times per year.

Most groups will not bother you - but there have been instances when certain groups have been known to cause consternation among regular cruisers.

Unfortunately, there is no one place that can tell you what groups you have going on any specific cruise.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Admiral

I think DTW was on the Cougar cruise, but didn't want to tell any of us
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Well, I wonder what exactly the problem was. I see someone asking if Royal Caribbean will have them??

May-be someone that has been on one can inform us??

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes: Royal Caribbean has picked up Carnival's leftovers. Check it out.

Royal Caribbean "Cougar Friendly"

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old January 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Paul Venice,

I have been around. Been FB'ing too much. Will try to visit more often. I am going on the Cougar cruise on the Radiance of the Seas Oct 21,2010.

By definition, aren't Cougars 40 something women who are single and looking for younger guys to play with? As a youngish 45 year old man, will I be targeted by these Cougars? Is there anything I should be warned about?

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Something tells me that

1) there won't be that many "cubs" onboard and
2) you are a single man in good shape so...

yes, the cougars will definitely be all over you,

Things to watch out for? Watch out for the claws and teeth - they can be really sharp. And they also like to take a high ground position and pounce down from above - grabbing you from behind.

Also watch out for random pinching on the buttocks and lots of that bouncy eyebrow thing.

Old January 13th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Speaking of claws and teeth, I wonder when the " cub" wakes up in mother cougar's bed and rolls over and sees her without her fake fingernails, teeth in a glass of water and her fake eye lashes all askew, make up smeared all over the pillow, how they will feel then ??? Hummm --What have I done ---God--let me sneak out of here before she wakes up and wants to ----
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Thanks, Paul. Good stuff to be aware of. Ron, there are still some pretty hot 40's women. After 50 it is rapidly down hill though.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Captain

Dave:

I'll say a special prayer for you after some on here get done reading that last sentence .

Either way, have fun on your cruise and let us know how it goes.
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Admiral

what Dave The Wave meant to say is that he respects and values the opportunity to interact with cruisers of both sexes and age ranges on all of his many cruises
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Speaking of claws and teeth, I wonder when the " cub" wakes up in mother cougar's bed and rolls over and sees her without her fake fingernails, teeth in a glass of water and her fake eye lashes all askew, make up smeared all over the pillow, how they will feel then ??? Hummm --What have I done ---God--let me sneak out of here before she wakes up and wants to ----
Ron,

That's when the "cub" turns into a Coyote. His arm is caught under her and he has to chew it off in order to get away without waking the cougar.

I think I'm in trouble.
Mike

Old January 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Admiral

This is a mistake for Carnival though I'd like to hear the details. The problem with Singles type groups is too often people go with expectations and this attracts some very desperate types who have an agenda in mind. It's crazy some people have no class and can't act like adults. I've seen catty stuff, often more so between men who all shoot out of their league for the hot women or cougars, and fight over them. Rule of thumb is don't shoot out of your league and know what your league is. Sorry for my brutal honestly. I prefer younger men so I don't like Singles company's that say you have to cruise with a certain age group.So I think a Cougar cruise is a great idea but I don't like the implication that a Cougar is only out for sex with no commitment. Plenty of older women meet and marry younger men. Demi Moore being one of them. I think another cruise line will pick up the slack here and get the $$$$!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old January 14th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Dave The Wave....thanks for going undercover and providing your fellow cruisemates with an indepth report on the Couger Cruise next fall...we know you will provide interviews, pictures, and first hand accounts ....the sacrifice of your time, $$$$ and the wear and tear on your mental and physical well being will be worthy of a Pulitzer Prize
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM
First Mate

I agree with BOTH Paul and Showcat,

There is nothing wrong with having a Cougar Cruise, unfortunately there are too much expectations on the event.

If you are a young, fit, male looking for a mature, fit female you are in for a BIG disappointment. To be blunt, most of the women were overweight and uh, too "mature" (were walking with canes) from what I heard and read.

YouTube - Tyra Banks Show - Cougar Convention ( February 26th 2010 ) The Miss Arizona cougar convention

I assume most of the women in the above video did not look like any of the women.

Also as Paul mention, there were more Cougars than cubs and what the cubs saw they didn't like.

Here is a suggestion, go on a 20s or 30s single cruise and look for young men there.

Old April 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Venice, I can see a typical Sabretooth Cruise incident right now.

Up to the bar walks the Sabretooth dressed all in really cool threads, wearing those new wrap around shades and hunched over a walker with the only tooth in his head being one broken fang hanging down below his upper lip. After his third try he makes it onto the bar stool. He turns to the woman sitting to his left removes the sunglasses, winks and does a couple of those "click-click's." He next calls over the bartender, removes a box of Vigoro from a plastic bag, places it on the bar and softly croaks, "Okay bartender, this is the stuff they're always pushing on TV for guys my age and I got enough for a whole night! Now what do I mix it with and how long does it take to start working?"

Todd
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Todd my friend, you have been married for so long, you can't even fathom what happens in the real world of dating...cougars find their prey over the internet, google them, do a credit check and research their job health plan..they also required a notarized health certificated that is dated within 72 hours

all of the above will be accomplished at the cruise check in prior to being issued their sign and sail cards
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Admiral

Venice,

Maybe you're right.

I advised Fran of this thread this evening and I said, "Now don't you think if I lost about forty pounds off of this 6'4" frame, grew my white wavy hair a bit longer combing in that very stylized version based upon how Andrew Jackson combed his and got myself one of those real fancy cutaways, that I couldn't attract charming young hot blooded ladies?

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said, "You most probably could." As a big self satisfied smile spread across my lips she started chuckling which then progressed into giggling before exploding into hysterical laughter.

I asked her what was so funny. It took more than several deep breaths and a dozen attempts to control herself as she finally blurted out, "But the best part would be your trying to figure out what you'd do once you got them!"

Why do wives have to be so brutally honest?

Todd
Old April 13th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Admiral

you are lucky to have Fran
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Ron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
The Marines call this "coyote ugly" -- so ugly that, when you realize that she is sleeping on your arm, you gnaw your arm off to get away without waking her....

Norm.
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08