Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Admiral

I'm thinking he owes the clerk a few bucks for making the mistake.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Default Pushing Leno Back

My DH just mentioned Steven Allen, too, as his favorite. I still think Carson was the best, but Steve Allen had some funny people on, such as Tom Posten and Louis Nye, and the guy that ran for president, Paul something-or-other. Can't remember his name.

Judy
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Sometimes I think the huge salaries of these so called " comedians / stars " goes to their head to the point where they think they are completely irreplaceable.
I think that's what happened to Letterman, whom I never thought was funny to begin with, but in the past few years he has become more of an old and dirty minded has been who doesn't know to take his millions and leave.It's pretty apparent he has sunk to new lows in order to try to stay afloat.
Re./ O'Brian, I've never seen anything funny about that guy from the word go but certainly don't blame him for taking the money that some so called t.v. exec threw at him.
Of the three, I think Jay Leno was the best and made the prediction when he was moved that it would be a fiasco. Seems like I got lucky in my prediction, but one thing we all don't have to worry about--- with all the unemployment, layoffs, more people going on welfare, food stamps, etc., etc., all the time, I seriously doubt that any of these three will have to forage for food.
Call me old and crotchety if you want but were it up to me, I'd give them all the pink slip, replace their late night " comedy " with some old black and white classic movies-- you might be surprised at how many people would enjoy some real entertainment for a change !!
Just my humble opinion , which as usual means nothing to no one but me and my cat !!
99% of his lines are scripted ,he rarely as libs
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
My DH just mentioned Steven Allen, too, as his favorite. I still think Carson was the best, but Steve Allen had some funny people on, such as Tom Posten and Louis Nye, and the guy that ran for president, Paul something-or-other. Can't remember his name.

Judy
Pat Paulson, funny guy. I remember him from Laugh In.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:11 PM
First Mate

Agree that since Johnny is no longer available, we should have Craig Ferguson - only earlier.
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I agree that Craig Ferguson is funny, I also like him. I never watch him though because he is on so late. I still stand by Conan, I just think his writing is the best (monolugues) of all the comedians.

last night he said "Hi. I'm Conan O'Brien and I soon might be available for parties." Mimes making a balloon animal and says "Look, I made a peacock."

He says he will not move to a later time slot no matter what - so it is up to NBC. Conan had a very rough start, almost three years of not good ratings but then he really took off. Leno was in the dumper at 11:30 for over a year, but he was given a chance.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Admiral

I admit a bias because Letterman's 2 head writers are sons of friends of mine ,however ,I still feel that nobody current can compete with him .My all tme favorites were Carson and Paar .