CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruisemates screen names (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/370695-cruisemates-screen-names.html)

Lakers Fan January 11th, 2010 12:19 PM

Cruisemates screen names

How did you decide to use the name that appears on this board ? I have found this to be an interesting topic on non cruise boards I've posted on .

Henry is my middle name .My feeling is that since my friends and family all call me by my first name I should give my middle name the opportunity to be addressed as well.

I'd love to say that 43 is my age but alas its the year of my birth .

nlb1050 January 11th, 2010 12:23 PM

Henry, mine is my initals and birthday. I use it for almost everything.

Manuel January 11th, 2010 12:25 PM

Manuel is my real name.

I was nicknamed ( Traveling Man ) by The Cruisequeen. That is where TM comes from.

TM

Mike M January 11th, 2010 12:34 PM

Mine is extremely original. It is my first name and the initial of my last name. ;)

When I first posted on Cruisemates, late 1999, I used the name of M&M. When I became a member of CM I changed it to the current name.

Take care,
Mike

ready2gonow January 11th, 2010 12:48 PM

My name would be best described as "self-descriptive!"

When I first found the CM website, I was soooo ready for my cruise, I couldn't think of anything else. Also, I tend to take a lot of trips, on the spur of the moment. If someone says "go", I'm ready!

Because ready2gonow is so long, I also shorten it to R2Gnow

ScurvyDog January 11th, 2010 01:09 PM

I was already using this name on the Windjammer Boards which usually have somewhat of a pirate theme so I just brought it over.

katlady January 11th, 2010 02:26 PM

I have two cats.:D

thecruisequeen January 11th, 2010 02:27 PM

Thecruisequeen (CQ) was the first name that came to mind. :roll:

Marc January 11th, 2010 02:30 PM

I use the name on my birth certificate. :D

skymaster January 11th, 2010 02:33 PM

As noted below, I'm a pilot, and many years ago, I owned a Cessna "SkyMaster". The SkyMaster is an unusual airplane, and mine was the only one at this particular airport. The guys who fueled the aircraft couldn't seem to remember my name, (It's so difficult,,,Jones), so they always referred to me as "SkyMaster". Well, it stuck, so I've been "Sky", or "SkyMaster" ever since.

"SKY"

Kamloops Cruiser January 11th, 2010 03:25 PM

My name is combination of the nick names of a dog we owned.

We called her doopy , dozer or dipdip

rollerdonna January 11th, 2010 04:59 PM

Despite what someone once thought, I DO NOT wear rollers in my hair!
My screen-name comes from my love of ROLLERSKATING which came before I discovered cruising. I should probably pick something more in keeping with cruising, but everybody knows me now as RD, so I'll keep it!

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/273/2231.jpg

p.s. the photo was taken on my 21st birthday with my 1st pair of skates.
that was a LONG time ago!

donna

blueliner January 11th, 2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1267422)
As noted below, I'm a pilot, and many years ago, I owned a Cessna "SkyMaster". The SkyMaster is an unusual airplane, and mine was the only one at this particular airport. The guys who fueled the aircraft couldn't seem to remember my name, (It's so difficult,,,Jones), so they always referred to me as "SkyMaster". Well, it stuck, so I've been "Sky", or "SkyMaster" ever since.

"SKY"

Wasn't there a TV show by the name of "Skymaster" many years ago?

Snoozeman January 11th, 2010 05:57 PM

Just thought RD would be an ice skater living up in the Great White.;) Sweet photo.

I like to a take a nap in my cabin everyday, thus my screen name......

Blueliner: That was Sky King.

Believe that?:)

blueliner January 11th, 2010 06:00 PM

My screen name comes from my favorite sport which I played for almost 25 years, hockey! A defenseman is known as a "blueliner" in hockey lore, and that is the position I played. I played until about 5 years ago and was a hockey referee until 2 years ago, but had to give up both when the doctor made me, too destructive to my knees. I now umpire baseball instead, if you wonder why a former hockey referee has an umpire as his avatar.

blueliner January 11th, 2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1267451)
Just thought RD would be an ice skater living up in the Great White.;) Sweet photo.

I like to a take a nap in my cabin everyday, thus my screen name......

Blueliner: That was Sky King.

Believe that?:)

That was it......Sky King! As a pilot I should've known that.

Cruznut2 January 11th, 2010 06:42 PM

I have used Cruznut for many years as an email address. When I joined here I discovered that someone had already taken Cruznut so I became Cruznut2. I am often reffered to as Nut 2 here. Cruznut is also my license plate.

Laura

venice January 11th, 2010 06:50 PM

when I moved to the New Orleans area, I fell in love with Venice, Louisiana:mad::mad::mad::mad: then I visited Venice Italy in 2002 and it reminded me so much of New Orleans (Carnival, mask balls, flooded streets, etc.) that I adopted Venice for my Cruisemate screen name

granny of the seas January 11th, 2010 07:28 PM

My screen name is Granny of the Seas. When I first found Cruisemates 4 years ago, I was planning our first family cruise with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters, who were then 2 and 5 years old. Grandeur of the Seas came to mind (never been on Royal Caribbean) and that led me to Granny of the Seas. Since then we have been on 2 more family cruises and no, no one calls me "Granny" only Grandma.

Leyla from Long Island

Angela Z. January 11th, 2010 08:06 PM

I'm as creative as Mike M!
Angela Z.

ToddDH January 11th, 2010 08:20 PM

Mine's a little obvious as well. I never did have any originality. ;)

Todd

Trip January 11th, 2010 08:39 PM

Mine should have been,something else, but when we got the computer in 96, I knew from nothing, so.....he should have made it tri-pearl. This was the name of the printing company he started. Tripearl Printing.....tri meaning himself, and, our 2 sons, and our last name, Pearl...if I had given myself a name, it would have been sassy & blingy;)

Captain Tennille January 12th, 2010 03:05 AM

because someone said Love Will Keep Us Together...
no idea who:confused:

Pootersdad January 12th, 2010 06:29 AM

Screen Name

We had a blonde cocker spaniel named Tyler. He also answered to Pooter and Pooterdog. Since he was like our third child, I was, naturally, Pootersdad.:D

skymaster January 12th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner (Post 1267455)
That was it......Sky King! As a pilot I should've known that.

Yep,,,Sky King. (As I recall, he flew a Cennsa 310 named "SongBird") Guess I'll have to start calling the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) "Penny". :mrgreen:

"SKY"

bahamamomma January 12th, 2010 12:33 PM

Here's a diffferent twist to getting a screen name - bought a new Dodge Ram truck prior to going on a cruise - color of truck - Atlantic Blue - told salesperson I was going on a cruise and to where and she called me "Bahamamomma" - name has stuck ever since - and when she calls to see if I'm ready to buy a new truck she still says, " Hello Bahamamomma"

hockeynut January 12th, 2010 03:58 PM

Mine is obvious...I love ice hockey. I play recreationally at least once per week. I also watch hockey as much as I can. I have season tickets to a local AHL team and try to make it to a few NHL games each year and of course watch it on TV but it is so much better live!

Dave the Wave January 12th, 2010 04:39 PM

I worked here in High School and the name stuck. :cool:

http://http://www.cruisemates.com/ga...s/427/3267.jpg

Dave the Wave January 12th, 2010 04:40 PM

I worked here in High School and the name stuck. :cool:

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/427/3267.jpg

VTJen January 12th, 2010 07:17 PM

I am from Vermont, and tho' my given name is Jennifer, I prefer Jen, and have introduced myself as such my entire adult life. Not very exciting... but it gets the job done