Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Default Friday, Friday, Friday!!

Ahh, the excitement of Fridays! For those of you working, it is the one you've been waiting for!
I am up extra early today 'cause I have to go in to town, meet up with my assistant (hired yesterday) and go to the schools and pick up registration forms, then back to the office to sort them out. sometime today we will go to the storage area and see what kind of equipment is at our disposal.
Hopefully, it will be a lot easier to plan my program once I know what I have to work with!
So, it will be a busy Friday for me, and I wish you all a great day, and a better weekend....

donna
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D and all our CruiseMates who follow.

TGIF it is and it's starting our well here in a predicted sunny albeit currently cool at 23 F upper East Tennessee.

Fran was up before I this morning. Today was to be her early monthly hair appointment but I just figured I'd end up cancelling it. Perish the thought! Fran said she felt a great deal better this morning (and I don't think she was joshing me either)! Never underestimate the restorative powers of a woman's beauty parlor appointment. We'll see though, as the day progresses. Yesterday was a very bad one for her so hopefully, today will indeed be much better.

Along with R/D I too hope everyone out there who has to drag themselves to work has a great day and a super weekend.

Prayers and Blessings of course continue.

Todd
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
The news is full of the devastation in Haiti. I am so pleased to hear the U.S has responded in force. I wish we could have done as well when Katrina hit our own country. I am hopeful this show of resources is a reassurance that should we ever have a similar occurrence, we are now better organized and equipped to deal with it. I pray Laura's friend Fran is located safe and sound. I follow Ann Curry on Twitter and her description of the situation there blows the mind. She is sleeping inside of an Air Canada Cargo container at night and thankful to have it. We met her several years ago on a trip to NYC when we stopped by a taping of the Today Show. She really seems to be a very sincere, and genuinely nice person.

D/S got a science lesson on earthquakes and volcanoes, tectonic plates etc... last night, he was amazed and surprised to find out that just a few short months ago we were on the other side of the same Island that Haiti is located on and that St. Kitts another island we visited on that trip has live volcanoes which could erupt. We are so lucky to live where we do. We get the occasional tornado and high winds, a few floods in the surrounding areas, and a mild earthquake every 20 years or so. But for the most part it is pretty tame. We are not too far from the New Madrid fault that I believe we share with Todd, so we do carry earthquake insurance since they've been saying for many years that we are overdue for major activity. But in my lifetime there have only been a couple of incidents, both very mild.

It looks as though everything is rolling along with the surgical plans. I am very upset with one of the girls who goes to the same babysitter as my kids. This little witch told my daughter that they would cut the inside of her mouth between her lips and gums and that they were going to rip her tonsils out and other things intended to scare her...Well it worked and now d/d is terrified. I am livid, and not quite sure the best way to handle it and I really wonder why some kids behave like this. I have dealt with d/d's fears I think (I hope), but I am so angry that this kid took joy in planting the seeds of fear in my child.

Well there's not much on my agenda today. I have some work to do around here. I really don't have a lot on the go. I should go to the Doctor today since I have a sore throat and swollen glands in my neck. But we'll see if I make it or not.

Todd I am so happy to hear Fran is starting to get her bounce back. That is fantastic news.

Well I am going to get moving here and get some laundry going and attack my day. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

:oHi Kids,
Going to hit the mid 40's today......yay! Babysitting is on my agenda, all day and into the night,since family bingo is at Aidens school....this little red headed, whirlwind, hopefully will give me a break

For the last 2 days I have been driving myself crazy trying to make this diaper cake...all the accessories I decorate the cake with, have seem to been in short supply. I have wasted more gas, and time Oh well,it is what it is...

Donna, I hope you find a cache of great stuff for the kids...

Todd,,,Fran's on the mending fast track, when you must get out to the beauty parlor.

Bw...I would want to pullthat bullys hair out one by one....let us know what the demon spawns partents have to say

Good thoughts, and, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 15th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Yep, it's Friday. I'm excited this Friday -- since retirement, usually it is just another day. This Friday means that we sail Sunday!

We are meeting friends for breakfast this morning, and then this evening, our DS, DIL and PGB (precious grandbaby) will come for a visit. Have to get those hugs and kisses in, before we leave. Tomorrow I'll finish packing and then drive to Galveston to meet up with the Snooze Cruise group for dinner and drinks. It will be fun to see friends that we met on the Blogger's Cruise, and meet for the first time, others that I have visited with on the boards (Paul and Bahamamama).

For those of you who have never taken one of the group cruises, I highly recommend it. As much fun as cruises are, being with a group adds another dimension to it. Try it!

Todd, I'm glad to hear that Fran is feeling well enough for her hair appointment. It will take a while before she regains all her strength, so it will come in little steps.

Prayers to those hurting and needing healing.

Everyone have a great Friday!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Friday

Good morning from NY where it is 44 and sunny .I need my summer weather .

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is fairly warm, and in fact it is drizzly, more rain then snow, so the roads will be bad later, once the temps drop tonight - and people, being less than bright will drive fast, hit the black ice, and the wreckers will be making their owners lots o cash.
I am exhausted and ready for bed. Day has started with calls to New Brusnwick, trying to get some of the cruiseplans finalized.
I was thinking about maybe making some sort of sign for our doors with the group name and such - not sure.
Any ideas? I can't seem to think clearly enough to figure it out - I know that some of you have done group cruises before. This is my first, so I am unsure what works, and if this is a good idea.

Have to run to grocery store, then home and make Giada's Lasagna rolls for our Family Dinner night - at my sister's house. These are so very good, but a little work. Also have some chicken to cook, which will be meals for the weekend I guess - as I didn't have the energy to cook it last night. I want to make a mango chicken curry, as I have two lovely mangoes on my counter. The chicken leaked in the fridge - forgot to put it on a dish - so now the fridge needs to be cleansed.
Also have paperwork, but not sure I am cognizent enough to do it correctly - for some reason the meds are really effecting me today, not sure why - maybe they didn't dissolve properly. WHo knows.

Meet with my cousin and her family yesteday. It was hard. A few tears - but it was rather like the white elephant in the room with no one really discussing the death. Emotions are just too raw right now. Perhaps healing will come soon.

Well I must get going - so much needs my attention.

BW - your poor daughter! Can you do some online research and find a child friendly sight that explains the procedure. I don't blame you for being upset.

Trip - I am sure that "cake" will be amazing no matter what you use for decorations.

Mike - I was pleased that the last med the neurologist wanted me to try he gave me some samples first for the exact reason you have described - as I too have to have three months worth because of insurance stuff.

Todd - hope she feels better, I am sure the appt. will tire her, but perhaps just feeling beautified will lift her spirits!

Well, since my brain is getting foggy and I have to retype almost everyword, since I can't seem to type, I better go.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Jen,
It is fortunate that the Doctor took some time explaining the procedure to us, and that he sent us home with brochures to describe it as well. So we could refute all of the terrible stuff the little girl said. But it stuck with d/d never the less. It is stressful for her.

D/D is so much like me, she is now starting to turn her fear into anger. She woke up this morning as said "I know how to deal with her...I just won't invite her to my next sleep over, that'll teach her"

I am off to the doc myself. Gonna get my own tonsils looked at today

Take care and thanks for your kind thoughts.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie View Post
Good Morning CruiseMates!
The news is full of the devastation in Haiti. I am so pleased to hear the U.S has responded in force. I wish we could have done as well when Katrina hit our own country. I am hopeful this show of resources is a reassurance that should we ever have a similar occurrence, we are now better organized and equipped to deal with it. I pray Laura's friend Fran is located safe and sound. I follow Ann Curry on Twitter and her description of the situation there blows the mind. She is sleeping inside of an Air Canada Cargo container at night and thankful to have it. We met her several years ago on a trip to NYC when we stopped by a taping of the Today Show. She really seems to be a very sincere, and genuinely nice person.

D/S got a science lesson on earthquakes and volcanoes, tectonic plates etc... last night, he was amazed and surprised to find out that just a few short months ago we were on the other side of the same Island that Haiti is located on and that St. Kitts another island we visited on that trip has live volcanoes which could erupt. We are so lucky to live where we do. We get the occasional tornado and high winds, a few floods in the surrounding areas, and a mild earthquake every 20 years or so. But for the most part it is pretty tame. We are not too far from the New Madrid fault that I believe we share with Todd, so we do carry earthquake insurance since they've been saying for many years that we are overdue for major activity. But in my lifetime there have only been a couple of incidents, both very mild.

It looks as though everything is rolling along with the surgical plans. I am very upset with one of the girls who goes to the same babysitter as my kids. This little witch told my daughter that they would cut the inside of her mouth between her lips and gums and that they were going to rip her tonsils out and other things intended to scare her...Well it worked and now d/d is terrified. I am livid, and not quite sure the best way to handle it and I really wonder why some kids behave like this. I have dealt with d/d's fears I think (I hope), but I am so angry that this kid took joy in planting the seeds of fear in my child.

Well there's not much on my agenda today. I have some work to do around here. I really don't have a lot on the go. I should go to the Doctor today since I have a sore throat and swollen glands in my neck. But we'll see if I make it or not.

Todd I am so happy to hear Fran is starting to get her bounce back. That is fantastic news.

Well I am going to get moving here and get some laundry going and attack my day. Hope you all have a great Friday!
BW, Fran is just fine. She is here in Lakeland. It is her father they have had no word on.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 15th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Friday! Friday! Friday!

Good morning, eveybody. It's overcast here. I hope that doesn't mean that the rain will start sooner than expected. I have plans for these last few nice days!

Keith has his last appt. with the trainer at the new gym. He complained about being stiff yesterday. Hope the trainer takes it easy today.

I might get an early start on the packing. I suppose the earlier you start, the better off you are. Anyway, I'm getting tired of seeing empty luggage sitting all over the living room.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Got here a bit late, as I was enjoying the morning on the patio in bright sunshine and clear skies.

Not a great forecast for next week (if they are right), so going to take advantage of the nice weekend. Heading to the golf course shortly. Mrs Kuki is already out having her nails done.

Friends coming to visit for a week. One couple arrives tonight, the other tomorrow, so it should be a fun week coming up, even if the forecast rain does move in.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Good day Cruisemates or should I say good evening.
Were home after a very long day at Northeastern university where my son was in the region 1 city science fair. I’m proud to announce he took 2nd place for his project “Acid rain, How does your rain measure up?” There where many great projects and all the kids should be very proud of themselves.
B.W. Kids can be so mean. I’m glade your daughter know the truth about what will take place with her surgery.
Were expecting freezing rain later this evening but warmer temps tomorrow.
Have a good evening everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014