Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Already!

My, how quickly one's schedule goes from boring to BUSY!
Today I start out early for my Aquafitness class, then to work/school for 11:30, a break, then another work/school at 2:45. Won't finish till 4:00.
Haven't had such a long work day in a long time, but I must say it is good to be back.
Yesterday didn't go so well, (Grades 4,5,& 6 are a tough bunch!) but I tweaked the program a little and my assistant and I had a little "meeting of the minds" over the phone last night, so we're hoping for better results for the rest of the week...

It's still dark out so it's hard to say what kind of day it will be. The computer says -3C or 26F, so it's not too cold at least. Yesterday was frigid!

Wishing you all a good Tuesday...

donna
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Light snow falling,and pretty soon, I will be off to vote for Kennedy's seat....when I come back,I will take my phone off the hook, and watch taped shows, and Lucy's shows all day. I don't want to hear or see it,till they announce the winner....

So, that's my day, out to vote, and, babysitting..anyone wanna swap?

Makeit a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Where is everyone this morning? C'mon, either you'uns get crackin' or I'll have to drag out "The Sarge" in the morning for everyone except R/D and Trip ... and no one wants that, even Sarge!

I'm sure things will get better with the kids, R/D. Remember, they're still, "...checking you out." Noooo....how about, "..sizing you up?" No I don't like that either. I know! They're "...evaluating your teaching skills." But on second thought........ Darn!. Does everything have to have a double entendre?

I don't envy you going to the polls today Trip, 'cause it's gonna be one heck of a.....well ..."trip."

Where's Beenie Weenie this morning?

Have to take Fran to her oncologist a little later. Neither of us are looking forward to this visit. She has been off and on, so very sick even after coming home from the hospital. One day she'll be fine, the next day she'll be so tired and nauseous she'll spend the day in bed. Today, thankfully, is starting off as a good day. I'm praying her bad ones are over for a long while.

Here's a "Have a wonderful Tuesday!" winging everyone's way along with prayers for those on the prayer list and a prayer for multitudinous blessing on all y'all.

Todd
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Sunshine

Its 44 degrees and sunny in beautiful NY .The birds are chirping that spring is on the horizon
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida. It's nice to be able to open up the house again, and enjoy the fresh air. Maybe I'll go over to the pool this afternoon and chit chat with all the snowbirds that have arrived recently.

RD, glad to hear that you survived the first day. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you face the new challenges.

Trip, I'd love to go vote for you. :-) Glad you are doing your civic duty.

Todd, I hope Fran gets some good news today. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better today.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Already!

Good morning from soggy Southern California, land of the mudslides. Yesterday, after an extrememly heavy rainfall, the local golf course flooded. There were two kids in their wet suits and boogie boards having a great time in all that water.

Thursday, our sailing day, will be an adventure. That's supposed to be the biggest storm day with water spouts (like tornedos) along the coast and big waves.

Nothing much going on here, except Hawaiian anticipation!

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Here I am... better late than never right? Just caught up in my latest distraction/obsession...trying to find a nice place to retire in my old age. Some property caught my eye, but it turned out to be swampland . So scratch that.

I'll keep my eyes open for something. I just know I want something in a little more moderate climate, but away from the hurricanes and earthquake zones. D/H said he wants the 4 seasons, I would like to avoid 1 of the 4 seasons, so perhaps we'll be looking at someplace like Sedona or Flagstaff, I wouldn't mind living in the Mountains up there. Maybe I'll build myself a beautiful log cabin. Maybe I'll go live near Todd and Fran, that sounds beautiful too. Decisions decisions...

Well I thought I was feeling better but my fever spiked again last night, not sure why, but I just feel icky and I am not sleeping well at night. I am hopeful I might get a good nights rest tonight, since the last two nights have been the pits.

Todd hope you get good news today from the oncologist. Judy try and stay dry. Hang in there Donna, you'll get those kids fit as a fiddle in no time...whether they like it or not .

Well I have stuff around here I better get done or else I will be sorry later. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Read and post cruise reviews