Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday!

Morning Mates, from another sunny day in Pictou County. The sun has been so scarce around here it is really noticable when it does make an appearance!
Temp is -4 and supposed to go up, we're also expecting some snow, but nothing significant.
Today is a half day for me, only 1 lunch program, no after school program.
Good thing, because I've had to totally revise the schedule in one school because of unprecedented demand for the program. I've had to divide the groups in 2 and assign different weeks to accomodate everyone.
The whole thing has been a scheduling nightmare, however we're having fun in the gym and that's what counts!

donna
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow

It's sunny in Connecticut as well.

I'm housebound as I am recuperating from eye surgery.

I wish everyone a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
We are one day closer to spring. Which I am looking forward to immensely. I am so tired of cold gray days.

D/D's surgery is on Tuesday. I still haven't heard from the Doctor with regard to time. I guess I'll just sit tight and wait to hear from them. Things are quiet here, both kids are still asleep, d/h ought to be at work by now.

My head is spinning, thinking of what lies ahead over the next few weeks and months. It is overwhelming but I just have to hunker down and get through it.

Well that's it from Indiana, hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D, Manuel and all who follow on what is predicted to be a wet three days here in upper East Tennessee. At least the temps are going to be mild (the current temperature being 50 F).

I just knew R/D, that you'd be fantastic with the kids as you indeed have a special gift.

Hope Manuel, that your recovery from your eye surgery is both rapid and complete!

If anyone can juggle a schedule and do about twenty important things at one time Beenie Weenie, it's you! And as you point out, things will get back to just unbelievable juggling down from impossible juggling within a few weeks. And "unbelievable" you deal with as a matter of course.

I am sorry to report that Fran's blood report yesterday was not good at all. Her WBC (which should be 5-10) was 75 a month ago (which is not bad for her) had zoomed to 89 by Sunday. Yesterday it was 91 just two days later. She also still feels unwell. We are just praying that the count is higher than we ever expected due to her recent illness. We will soon know whether or not we are right.

Prayers for those currently on the list including Judy; Mike; Phyll; Delft, her mother and sister; Venice; Luanne and Jim; Manuel as well as any other of my beloved CruiseMates will also be offered at today's special Healing Church service.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Todd
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is mild, and a light snow is wafting down.

Todd - I am sorry about the report. What is next? My prayers to you both.

Manuel - praying you heal swiftly and nicely!

BW - you are a Trouper, or is it Trooper? However you spell it...all I know is that it means that I have seen you face everthing, and you've gone thru it with flying colors. I know you'll soon bounce back, feel better and you'll be full steam ahead. Praying for you and your children.

RD - starting new things always take lots of juggling. I know that once you are in a rythym all will go smoothly - you do have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with the children in your area.

Mike - when does your ship sail? If you've left - sorry I missed a send off - if not Happy Sails.
Same to you Judy.

I haven't posted for a few days, my schedule remains hectic. I, with the help of a friend from Church and the okay and support of the Pastor and part of the Worship Team - organized a Prayer Vigil for Haiti at our Church last nigth. It was a beautiful time of prayer and worship. But, if it is possible, it only intensified my burden for this country and for my missionary friend there.
When I returned I had a plea for help from my friend. She asked me to help her organize and try to find much needed supplies for them. She has lost everything for her apartment has collapsed. They need everything - the list is long. I feel very inadequate, but no one else has responded to her cry for help - so, I told her I would do what I could.
I need help - prayer- support. In my own strength I can not do this - I don't know how to do this. But how can I not help, when I see the people dying - her pictures of people in need, people who have lost everything. I can't sit in my warm comfortable home, that I complain about all the time, and seem ungrateful for, when these people are sleeping on the ground, if they can sleep at all - and have no food, no medicine, no anything at all.
My heart is broken.
Everyday I think my life will be calmer, yet everyday presents a new need - so, I am off again, in somesort of whirlwind, to see what, or if I can do anything at all. I am waiting to hear back from her.

Well -I hope everyone is hopeful today - for without hope how dark the day would be. You are all precious - and I always wonder how you are all doing. I appreciate you all so very much, and I thank you all for your support, kind words when I need them, and your prayers.

I just remembered - I got a cruise coming up - how will I ever fit it in? Yikes - wow - um.... oh my
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Good morning from stormy Southern California. We've had extraordinary weather these past few days with more to come. So far, the mudslides have been far to the north of us. I am surprised there aren't more. We had two tornedos yesterday (that I know of), one of which was in Orange County, both formed on the ocean and caused damage inland.

In a few hours we will venture out into the rain for a 2-1/2 hour drive to San Diego. I really wonder if our ship will sail tomorrow afternoon or not, as Thursday is supposed to be the most severe day weather-wise.

I will not take a a lap top; it's just something else to take care of. But I might post from the ship at some point.

Take care of yourselves...wish us a safe cruise. Todd, I will pray for Fran.

Judy
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's been a shaky two days. I don't know if someone is trying to tell me something or not. Last weekend I had the two kidney stones and yesterday I awoke with a fever and nausea. I called the doc right at 8:00 a.m. and got in later in the morning. I have an infection that is a result of the kidney stones. So, I have been placed on 1800 mg of amoxicillin for ten days. I do feel better today. My doctor told me that if my temp wasn't gone by tomorrow then I should not go on the cruise. He will prepare any paperwork I may need to supply to the travel insurance company. It's nice when your doctor is a traveler and understands how things work. He also did give me a script for a stronger antibiotic if things look good when I leave but it flares up during the cruise.

As of this morning my temp is only 99.4. If it's gone tonight then I'm gone. If not I guess I will listen to him and cancel. C'mon temp!!!!!!

I'm now going to go and have an ice bath.

Judy: Have a WONDERFUL time in Hawaii and enjoy the cruise. You both deserve it!!

To everyone: Have a great Wednesday!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Captain

Hello to everyone from central Indiana. Hope everyone is having a good day. Anyone have any cruises coming up in the near future....I could use one bad!...I'm sure everyone can relate.

Beenie, wasn't it supposed to be in the 40's for us all week? What happened? I guess Angela on channel 8 let us down. She just hasn't been the same since her and I broke up!

It's a beautiful day for our house. The fence guys just left after finishing the installation of our backyard, chain link fence. We've been taking the beagle out by leash since we moved in last summer. No more of that!!! It's way too cold for that.

Everyone take care.
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Captain

I know it is not morning but I just now had a chance to check in. Things are hectic around here as usual. We fly to Tampa on Friday to begin our vacation, then board the Legend on Sunday. I am soooo looking forward to this cruise, we need it bad. I have spent this morning getting all my bills that will be due while we are gone paid up. I had to take my grandaughter to school as I got a call from a client which kept me from getting her out the door to catch the bus. No biggie as I needed to make a bank run and a stop for a few items I still needed for the trip. Just made one trip do it all. I have everything in the suitcases except for a few odds & ends. Packed much lighter for this one since I have to pay for my luggage to fly! I have emptied the fridge so that I don't come home to lots of little bowls of green, fury stuff. The neighbor has agreed to come over a couple times each day and take care of our dog for us, which is going to be such a big help. I didn't want to take him to a kennal because he is a good watch dog and with break ins happening around here right and left he might be able to scare a thief off. We have great neighbors and everyone keeps a watch on things so I feel pretty good about that.
Todd, so sorry to hear about Frans tests. Praying they improve and she begins to feel better.
Mike, will say a prayer for you too! Would hate for you to have to miss your cruise. Just keep taking the meds and hopefully they will do the job.
RD, sounds like you are staying busy and enjoy it too.
Beanie, those 2 kids will do a whole lot better than you will. They will enjoy having you wait on them hand and foot. You will exhusted...oh wait it's BW I'm talking about you never run down! If I only had 1/2 your energy!
Judy, have a great cruise and hope it gets to sail tomorrow.
Prayers to all and a special one out for those in Haiti. Everyone have a good day.

Old January 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Ready2Board, can you send those chain link fence guys over here when they're done?
We have been taking our retriever out by leash since we moved in last Sept. and it is a pain when it is in the minus temps out there, especially in the dark!

donna
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Admiral

I tell ya Ready...that Angela really gets around. All the guys I know tell me they've gone out with her ! I used to work with Julia Moffitt's sister...they're all too darned perky for me . I stick with good old Chuck Lofton.

Here we have freezing rain and I am just so ready for spring. I am over this winter business, yuck!

Old January 20th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Default Fifty

Fifty and sunny in the home of Superbowl 2010 winners New York Jets