Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Snowy Thursday

It's a Winter Wonderland out there today, we had quite a bit of snow since yesterday afternoon, and it is so pretty! Temp is only at -1C (30F) so it's also quite pleasant.
It would be a great day to try X-country skis or snowshoes, but it is a busy day for me, with swimming and 2 classes to teach at 2 schools, so I'll just have to enjoy the snow scenes while I'm driving!

Todd, I'm hoping Fran is having a better day today, and Mike, hope you are feeling better too and can still make your cruise!

donna
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default I'm Outta Here!!!

Good morning everyone:

I am about ready to "get ready" to go to the airport. Our flight is at 11. It is also a winter ickyland outside. Betty has already called our son to see if he can get here an hour earlier because the roads are a bit icy from freezing rain.

The temp went away yesterday and I feel better so we are outta here. I'll be loaded up with antibiotics (always a good strategy for Mexico) so I'll try some uncooked meat and drink from a couple of garden hoses.

I'll check in once in awhile and keep abreast of what's going on and maybe give a couple of live reports.

Todd: I hope Fran is doing well. Jen: Take care of yourself RD: I'll borrow you a shock collar to use on the kids. BW: Hope all goes well with the kids' surgeries. Trip: Buy a pair of shoes. Kuki: Use SPF 50. Sunburn interferes with your golf swing.

If I didn't mention you, sorry but Betty just told me to get my butt in the shower. She MUST be obeyed.

And everyone: HAVE A WONDERFUL next two weeks!! I know I will.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I too want to echo Donna's sentiments. Todd and Fran you are both in my prayers and I hope you get some positive news from the Oncologist. Mike I hope you get to go on your cruise. Which reminds me that I need to purchase trip insurance for our upcoming cruise in June. (*edited* Mike it seems you posted while I was sitting here festering over what to write this morning. I am thrilled you are getting to go. I hope you have a wonderful time!)

Still no word from d/d's surgeon's office and we are less than a week out from the surgery. I am trying to be patient. But that is not my strong suit.

Right now I am listening to the Today Show talking about how kids today are spending hours on cell phones and texting, even taking their electronic devices to bed with them and such. The advice they were giving to parents was laughable. Telling parents to learn how to text so they can stay connected with their children... How about being a parent and setting boundaries and limitations? If you have to learn how to text to reconnect with your kids you have a lot bigger problems than the Today Show can solve. If I don't sleep with my cell phone, then trust me, neither will they, and the first time my kid starts texting their friends in the middle of dinner will be the last time they see that cell phone for a very very long time (that goes for d/h too ) I sure wish people would use their head for something other than a hat rack. OK off my soap box.

It's hard to believe the work week is nearly over again. I think the MLK holiday made it go much faster. D/D is starting to learn cursive writing right now. She is doing very well and I am glad she is attacking it with her usual enthusiasm. D/S had to write a 4 paragraph story yesterday and you would have thought I was torturing him. OMG what a production. So let's hope that today will go easier. I remember when my teacher started making me write more than 2-3 lines...I hated it, because I just didn't have the speed or manual dexterity. It was awful. So I am trying to be firm yet patient with him... but the kid is pushing my buttons .

Not much else on the agenda for today aside from some domestic duties around here. Prayers going out to all of you in need. Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning, RollerDonna, Mike and BeenieWeenie,

Gonna' be a dreary wet day here in upper East Tennessee with about a half inch of rain in the forecast.

Hope you enjoy your day with the children, RD. Mike had a fantastic suggestion to assist you in keeping control. BTW, you can more over a little on your particular soap box and I'll join you there! All this texting stuff by kids makes me . But there again I'm always !

I know you're going to have a grand time Mike and the best way to avoid having to take those antibiotics is by incorporating into your cruise diet copious amounts of medicinal alcohol usually disguised as a potent beverage in a decorative glass.

Sorry that Judy got away out there in California before I could wish them Bon Voyage. I didn't realize their departure day was so soon.

Thank you everyone for your concern about Fran. She is holding her own so far again today. Yesterday was a good day. I want her to have a CBC before a month is up (when she again goes to have her blood work done by her oncologist). When diagnosed, she went from 125 to 278 in three weeks time. We of course don't want a repeat of that but getting her to have a blood test prior to her monthly one, is like pulling teeth. I guess, though, that we all occasionally hide our heads in the sand, at least I know I have been known to do so.

Prayers and Blessings continue and I so hope everyone has a great day today and remember, tomorrow is GET-AWAY-DAY!

Todd
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates.
Not to cold here somewhere around 30F and in the 30”s for today. We did have some freezing rain last night and expect more today. It was so loud hitting the windows and skylights I got up to look out thinking it may have been large hail. I’ll be cooking on the grill today despite the freezing rain, I often wonder what the neighbors think. Rain ,sleet, or snow I love by grill!!! When I shovel my deck I always shovel the path to the old Webber. Going to finish putting up Valentines decoration today . That’s all folks!!!
Have a blessed day!
Mike... I hope you and Betty have a great trip and enjoy some of that warm weather.
Todd... I'm glade Fran's feeling better
B.W. I heard about that too. Parents need to step in and take control. My D/S has no texting on his phone, poor boy

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014

Last edited by Aerogirl; January 21st, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old January 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sitting on my patio watching the 15th hole slowly go underwater. The "California storms" have made their way east, and they've issued flash flood and high wind warnings here in Scottsdale.

It appears to be a day that I won't be doing much of anything.

Friends took a bunch of us, including my sister, out for dinner last night for my birthday. GREAT meal and a fun time. First time in about 37 years that my sister and I have celebrated our birthdays together. That's probably the reason for this rain storm
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Kuki, happy belated birthday to you and your sister!