Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old January 31st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Brrrrrr.....!

Morning Mates,
The sun is up, but the temperature sure isn't!
Bright and shiny and only -15C with a windchill of -24!! That's about 9 below F. I think I will be staying indoors again today...

Yesterday I went out to do a bit of shoveling, lasted about 10 mins. until my back gave out. Spent the rest of the day flat on the couch drugged up with painkillers. I can walk around, but sitting is painful and bending is impossible.
I don't know what I'm going to do about work tomorrow, but plan to rest as much as possible today...

Hope everyone else is having a much better weekend, and stay warm!

donna
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna others to follow.

Donna, I do hope that you feel better soon.

We are getting some very cold weater as well. It certainly has been a tough winter.

I wish all cruisemates a happy sunday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is a very chilly 8 degrees, if memory serves it should start a bit of a warming trend where the lows should hover around the mid 20's at night and highs should be around the mid to low 30's for the next 10 days. It isn't tropical but it is a step in the right direction. Donna sure hope your back is on the mend, why is it things like that happen at the worst time, not that there's a good time for your back to go out.

I feel so much better. I finally got a good night's rest last night. D/H was kind enough to take care of d/s's 2:30 a.m. dose of meds so I could sleep more than an hour or two at a time. I am starting to feel human again. I make a lot of dumb mistakes when I am sleep deprived and feel hungover without the benefit of enjoying the dog that bit me .

Yesterday d/d really needed some attention, and d/h was excited to help d/s build some stuff. So I took d/d to Walmart and bought a boatload of groceries and got her a few goodies. Then we had a nice lunch together. It was a great day. I ran into my friend whose Dad passed away last week. I was glad to see her out and about. I am worried about her Mom though. She can't face going back to her house alone and is not doing well at all. I am praying for her that she'll get through this difficult time. I can't imagine what it would be like after being with the same man for 55 years to wake up one morning all alone.

Today I have nothing planned other than just hanging out here with the kids and d/h. I am thinking about making a couple of big pots of soup, one beef and the other chicken and then it will be out in the fridge and easy to just heat up. Maybe I'll go down and rent a movie for us all to watch together tonight. I think I will also get d/s's bed set up in his bedroom. His regular bed is a loft so he won't be able to use it for several months until he can climb up the ladder or the slide again.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of my CruiseMates who are struggling and of course Todd & Fran, Luanne, Delft, and Laura. Hope we all have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning to all!

Donna, I have had back problems my entire life (including two surgeries) so I can certainly commiserate with you on that issue. Hopefully rest and the pain killers will get you into shape enough for your new job tomorrow. I found that, rather than the pill pain killers, bourbon worked best for me. Dr. Fran who doubles as my Pharmacist, never agreed.

Although we've nothing compared to your neck of the woods Manuel, it has still been a much colder winter than usual here in upper East Tennessee. I was also kinda' sorry we only got a couple or three inches of snow. But then again, as I told Fran when it started to snow night before last and we were expected to get at least 10 to 15 inches, in fact that every time the forecast is for heavy snow, it never develops. What few big snow storms we've had over the past twelve or thirteen years fell from forecasted "partly cloudy" skies. .

I had a rump roast (for those who may be unfamiliar with the term, that is the tapered end of the bottom round) cut to order meaning I wanted all the fat left on it and it will make a perfect Sunday dinner. In today's world because everyone is on such a "health kick" wholesale beef arrives at your grocery already trimmed to a large degree. I want all I can get left on the meat simply because that is where your flavor originates as it crisps up nicely during roasting. Of course no one actually eats it, or do they......................? The medium rare beef will be accompanied by a rich brown gravy (primarily for leftovers). tossed salad, potato wedges roasted in butter and a tad of vegetable oil to prevent burning, steamed broccoli copiously dressed with butter and of course, yeast rolls. Dessert will be Pistachio or French Vanilla ice cream.

Hope your son is feeling better this morning BeenieWeenie and that you were able to get some rest last night. Nursing children, while mothers are so good at it, nevertheless is still unbelievably physically and emotionally draining on the moms. BTW, Fran too is going to make beef barley/vegetable soup and I love homemade soups, especially when they're accompanied by fresh warm home made bread slathered with butter. Just the ticket for one whose heart is in the toilet and who is also a diabetic not to mention it's a good follow up to the above described roast beef dinner!

Laura, I hope you got out yesterday for a little recovery time. Remember Laura, all our prayers are still with you as they are with everyone "on the list" and those prayers are accompanied with a request for multitudinous Blessings on everyone.

Todd
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Brrrr

Good morning from 14 degree NY . I've had an reocurring back problem for 36 years and I've been suffering with one non-stop the past 2 months.I know how agonizing it is. I am not into meds of any kind other than Mineral ice and Chiropractic massages .I hope you feel better soon and that everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

6 weeks till Spring
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I want to announce that .....

I'll be wearing shorts today

because it's going to be 70 degrees today in Scottdale

We're invited to an old friend's place for brunch today, then I think we'll keep the top down and drive up to the Outlet Mall in Anthem. Then I may let Mrs. Kuki buy me dinner.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Captain

Hello to everyone. It's nice to have a "real" weekend off. For whatever reason, I chose a profession where weekdays off are normally your weekend and Saturday and Sunday are often your Mon, Tues or whatever. Every few weeks the stars and planets line up and can live like a regular human lol.

I may end up needing a weekend from my weekend. Our printer went out the other day so proceeded to Best Buy last night for a new one. I like this one because while nothing fancy, it is a printer & copier. Get it home last night and software install is almost complete until the dreaded "fatal error while installing" box pops up. I call HP 24 hr customer service (which they are known for) and was on the phone with the lady in the Philippines while she took over my computer from her end for 3 hrs and 1 minute!. She tried everything and I have to say was extremely professional and polite. I pretty much gave up at the end thanking her and told her I would probably just go back and exchange it for another brand. Instead, she is having their "advanced support team" contact me later this morning who she is confident can go in and repair it. Apparently, many people are having the same issue and it is based on the ever so lousy Windows Vista operating system which I've hated since the beginning. Oh well, enough of my sob story other than to say even though HP didn't get it fixed yet, I can see why their customer service wins awards....Very polite and professional AND 24 hrs!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend and staying as warm as possible.
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! I'm also going to be among those wearing shorts. I have decided to pack up a lunch and go to the park for lunch. It is going to be in the 60's here. Have a good day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning all,
A very sunny day here in the city temp around 17 F. What a difference the sunshine makes. Think I will go visit some family members today and help pick out pain with my niece. B.W… soup is always good this time of year. Glad to hear you got some much needed rest. R.D… that stinks , hope you recover soon. Laura... a picnic luch sounds nice.
I think I will do a quick clean up around the house and head out . Hope everyone has a good day!
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. home from a great crusie on the Carnival Legend. I got to meet and spend sometime with travelgalsue. IT is so nice to be able to meet a cruisemate. Definitely a lot cooler here in Tampa than we wanted.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 RCI & Carnival