Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Morning Mates,
Another chilly day here in Pictou County, at -12C with windchill of -19 that's about 2 below zero F.
The weather is not helping the pain. My lower back is still having spasms and that radiates pain till I'm hurting all over. But I'm doing my best to work through it because I HAVE to go to work. I rest as often as I can, and a good nap with painkillers does wonders!

The cortisone shot in my elbow is not causing any more pain, thank goodness for small mercies! Maybe I should get one in my back?

Long work day today, lunch hour and after school program with a nice break in between, so I can rest. Just found out we will be doing "Games" at the Winter Carnival next weekend, so we will have to do some planning for that on our lunch break. Any ideas for outdoor games in the cold/snow?

donna
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Default What no Thursday post yet???

Wow I can't believe this,,,I'm up b/4 everybody else,,

Good Thursday morning gang,,,,our sun is out this a.m. and things are warming up here on the east coast of Va. For a minute,,,,more snow predicted for Sat. OH NO !!! Our schools just opened today from our last Sat snow. It's not that we got that much,,,it's that we are in the south and they have no snow removal equip.

I received some bad news last night, my dear Aunt Betsy in Mich has had a stroke,,,she just lost her husband of 54 years 3 days b/4 x-mas so she has gone thru some trying times. Any prayers you can spare would be appreciated. We are very close so I might be making a trip soon.

Trying to get back to work done this a.m. just not in the mood. Not good.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday,,,prayers to those in need.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
Cold, snow - winter.

RD - so sorry that your back is not much improved!
BW - read of your unexpected night of fun with your friend - good for you!
ToddDH - thanks for your kind words on my post on the Aviation Thread

Not much new here - still dealing with eye. Also had a dr. appt. this week, so I must have blood tests. PT has been set up for my back, so...more time to be spent on my health issues - wish it could just all be ignored

Must head to work soon, there is always so much to do.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Thinking of and praying for so many of the Mates.
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Admiral

This is a quickie since I have to be getting on the road soon...

Good Morning CruiseMates,
Hope everyone is excited we're only one day away from Friday! I finally got a good night's rest as d/s slept in his own bed all night without waking. Soon we're headed to Indy for d/s's dressing change, then meeting d/h for lunch.

I hope all of you who are in pain get some warm weather to speed your healing and some relief from your afflictions. It aint happening here as we are expecting up to 8 inches of snow in the next 24 hours. Luckily we know in advance so d/h will be working from home tomorrow... I think I may make a stop at the grocery in Indy to stock up on essentials, just so I don't have to go out in this yucky stuff tomorrow.

Take care everyone, I will check up on you all when I return.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Still bright and cold here,and it looks like that ominous storm coming will pretty much miss us entirely..yayayay!

Today I am off for an eye exam, and looking for a new pair of glasses. I love glasses, so I am looking forward to deciding..charcoal, this time I think

Bruce's first time creating Chinese food,, went well last night, the rice steamer made just the best rice ever, so the turkey stir fry was a hit.....never let it be said the internet isn't one big yard sale..we could not find 5 spice powder around here, so, after a few clicks, we will have 100 pounds coming soon..[kiddin]

To all our Cruisemates, be well, & make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; February 4th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Default Brrr

29 but very sunny .Snow is on the way .18" expected here for the weekend .Alas this is not a ski area .Counting the days till Spring is the only way to "survive" the winter .

Best wishes for a terrific toasty thursday to all.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Trip can you send me that recipe...I happen to have 5 spice powder and haven't a clue what to do with it. For that matter I am more than glad to share it with you as I have a bottle full of it.

Old February 4th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning ladies and gentlemen:

It is a yucky day here in "The Land of 10,000,000,000,000 sq. ft. of slippery ice."

There is a light freezing rain outside and it is making everything a giant skating rink. Poor Kramer could barely stand up when he went outside and I had to "towel walk" him, to support his back legs, in order for him to do his business.

Not much on the agenda for today. Betty's cold is still full blown and she is miserable. So far, I have dodged the bullet but I feel I don't have long until I'll be whining.

RD: Glad you are feeling better.

Jo: Sorry to hear about your Aunt. My best wishes to you and your family.

BW and Trip: Five spice is good stuff but don't keep it on the shelf for more than six months or it loses its flavor. Actually almost all dried spices lose their flavor after a few months. It's a good thing to go through the spice rack and throw out the old stuff. You'll see how much better things taste when you get new stuff.

To everyone: Have a wonderful day and enjoy whatever you do.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Bw, Thanks for the offer, I can surely share 25 pound with you when you run out Bruce got the cook book, Chinese Food for Dummies so he started buying the sauces and oils etc, he needs to make the recipes...I will ask him which recipe he needed this one for and let you know....He still has to buy a wok...Ebay look out

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 4th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' R/D, Jo Anne, B/W, Jen, Trip, Henry and all who follow!

Got up at 1:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until time to get up, around 7:00 , at which time I decided, "Wait, am I crazy? I'm retired!" So I went back to bed until about a half hour ago. That hour and a half did me wonders. Fran was up with me in the middle of the night but of course she went right back off to sleep within twenty minutes. This morning she is all cheerful . Of course, I am as well.

Gosh R/D, I so commiserate with you and your back problems. Have you ever had a CT scan to determine where exactly the problem lies? If you haven't, please do so. Even if you require back surgery, it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be and I'm speaking from first hand experience...twice.

Woops, I missed you B/W and I must have been writing at the same time as you, Mike.

Hope everything goes well with your little man, B/W and he enjoys his outing, even if it is to the Dr.s' Office. Thank heavens Indianapolis is basically flat.

JoAnne, your area is just like ours. I'd been gone so long that when I moved back home, I even asked why there wasn't any of those enormous snow plow trucks that the NYS DOT sends flying up and down the Thruway casting enormous rooster tails of snow onto the shoulders. So sorry to hear about your Aunt Betsy's stroke. She has been added to our prayer list.

I too like Chinese food, Trip; especially if it's all-you-care-to-eat snow crab legs!

I also know how you feel about feeling unwell, Jen. As with R/D, I certainly commiserate with you.

Henry, you might give a thought to moving to this neck of the woods. It gets cold and yes we do have snow but unlike those in NY, I'll be mowing the grass the second week of March!

Mike, wanna' play some hockey? If so, we can go to the hospital together!

Prayers continue for all on the list along with a request for Blessings on everyone.

Todd

Last edited by ToddDH; February 4th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Admiral

I have a killer recipe for cashew chicken lettuce wraps... I'll trade you ...

Old February 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A sunshiny day in the desert. Got here late today as this morning was cleaning and laundry day. Then had to run to the bank to get pay for my mother's care giver.

Now getting ready to head to the golf course. My chaffeur (Mrs. Kuki) will bring the car around, and drop me off, then head to Tempe to spend the afternoon with Kuki Jr.

Friends arriving for a visit today, so have a busy few days ahead.
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Thoughts of moving to a warmer climate have crossed my mind . I'm not in NYC .I'm southeast of the area and its usually 10 degrees colder