Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday My Favourite Day!

Morning Mates, and welco9me to your weekend!
It is a glorious, sunny day here in Pictou County, perfect for the various Winter Carnival events going on in the area. It will certainly be frozen enough for ice skating! The temp is -16C, feels like -26C or 14 Below 0 F!
Lucky for me, I do not have to participate in the childrens' games today, I get to do it next weekend. Hopefully, it will warm up a bit by then!

I think I will go for a drive today, to visit my friend who lives about an hour away. She runs a 2nd hand clothing shop and she has a pair of snowpants set aside for me that I am going to need next weekend. We haven't had a chance to visit in awhile, so it will be nice to catch up as well....

Tonight is Trivia night at a local pub, with a very sociable crowd, always lots of fun.

My back is feeling much better today, and the "creeping crud" as Beenie Weenie so eloquently put it , is still creeping it's way out by way of coughing. That is a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

donna
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Admiral

A very good morning to all.

Donna, I"m glad that you are feeling better an dthat you can enjoy your favorite day of the week.

I wish all the crusemates a wonderfull super weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Captain

It is snowing here with forecast of it being around most of the day. We have about 3 inches of the wet, heavy stuff on the ground now. All I can do is think about how nice the weather was last week on our cruise! Thank goodness for the memories!
RD so glad you are on the mend. Hope you continue to improve, just don't overdue it this weekend.
Today I plan on doing some housework . I will make sure I'm finished in time to plop myself in front of the TV to watch Danica Patrick in her first ARCA race. My grandaughter was named after her so I'm hoping she does well today. Thank goodness the NASCAR season is getting underway. I am not a football fan and will be glad to watch something else for awhile.
Prayers continue for Todd & Fran, hoping things are better for them. Also prayers to all our mates in need right now as there are several. Everyone have a great day and stay warm & safe.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good Afternoon from sunny Brussels. The sun is rare here during the winter so we are certainly enjoying it today. We just finished packing as we leave early in the morning for Switzerland and Austria. I have never seen the Matterhorn (except at Disneyland ) so we are starting off with Zermatt before heading to St. Moritz, Salzburg, and Vienna.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend. I hope all our friends in the mid-Atlantic retain their power so they can actually enjoy the winter wonderland.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday morning Donna and Sue and a good afternoon to you Marc.

Yet another somewhat dreary day today here in upper East Tennessee with highs to be in the mid thirties.

Our niece is coming from Clinton, TN to pay us a visit. Since it's her favorite, we are surprising her with a leg of lamb for the noon day meal. She was so very attentive during Fran's holiday hospitalization, coming up about four times and we thought that'd be a good way to in someway thank her. As her husband is not a fan of lamb, she rarely has it at home.

We're both plodding along health-wise. Fran appears not to be getting that much worse so, we're keeping our fingers crossed. I went down to get the paper this morning and it was all I could do to trudge back up the driveway. I can't believe I've turned into the proverbial wimp. I am so unbelievably disgusted with myself. Since there's nothing to be done at this time, I'll just have to accept it and try not to eat too many bowls of potato chips, homemade dips, etc., tomorrow during the game. Fran baked my all time favorite, apple pie from scratch yesterday (as Mr. Food would say, "Ohhhhhhh, it's so gooooood."). Hopefully there'll be a sliver left for tomorrow as well. She uses a roux of flour and butter instead of cornstarch as is used in the commercial pies and it makes all the difference in the world. She knows I don't eat cherry pies if the the filling doesn't come flowing to a decent degree from under the crust when the pie is cut.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!

Todd
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Default Snow

Good Morning ,everyone ,have a Sensational Saturday .

My favorite day of the week ,possibly because I came into this world on a Saturday .

Its been snowing here for several hours ,however the accumulation thus far is less than an inch . Its very windy and the snow has been drifting .The total 24" expected is now more like 3".
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all:

The divorce papers will be filed on Monday. Why? Because Typhoid Betty has infected me with her STD (Spouse transmitted disease)

I didn't have a good afternoon and when I awoke from that I had a nice conversation with Keith of Cruisin K &J but as the night wore on the worse I felt. I fell asleep around 9:00 p.m. and slept until 9:00 a.m. but awoke feeling terrible. The chest is full and the head is pounding. Let the whining begin!!! I can take almost anything but when I have a cold I am a 230 lb. baby.

OK: I am now going to go and whine to Kramer. He's the only one who'll give me a kiss right now.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Greetings from the frozen tundra of Indiana. I woke up to find everything blanketed in white. Even our red brick home appears to be white today as the blowing and drifting snow covered it good.

I put my booties on and went out to clean the snow off the satellite dish, so we didn't have a revolt over missing Saturday morning cartoons. we have about a 2 foot drift in the road in front of our house. I doubt we'll get mail today, but I don't care. We'll just stay safely cocooned here.

My computer is acting up so d/h the resident computer geek is reformatting the thingamabob and doing something else to it... who knows but hopefully it will fix the problem.

I went shopping Thursday while in Indy. So we're stocked up on all we need. It's supposed to get cold again in the next few days. So I am not planning any road trips anywhere. I think I'll stay put til the provisions run out.

I started my PADI online Open Water Dive course yesterday. I am 1/3 to a half way through it and intend to work on it while we're stuck here. I just have to figure out a place to go have my confined water dives and get that done. once the textbook portion of things are finished and I've passed all my tests.

The kids are really getting a bad case of cabin fever too. D/s is busy hobbling around on his crutches and being extremely demanding...he thinks it's cute and adorable...me, not so much.

D/H is complaining about some yet to be discovered terrible website, I must have visited, that must be the source for my crippled computer... I keep saying, yeah sure blame the victim! Just wait til the next time his computer craps out on him...I am going to give him an earful about that . What a martyr...Hey it's morons like me that keep him and his computer geek friends in business. Don't alienate your clientele buddy!

Hope you all are doing well...and the creeping crud and other afflictions our members are suffering from just keeps on creeping out of here!

Take care and have a good weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 6th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Admiral

late Good Morning from New Orleans..cold wind blowing thru, election for new Mayor today, but nobody cares, lots of Mardi Gras parades today, but needless to say the little touch football game being played tomorrow evening in Miami seems to have generated a "little interest" by the local citizens..understand Miami is New Orleans East this weekend
Old February 6th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good afternoon Cruisemates! I'm late to the morning greetings party today. I left the house early because my sister told me my niece and nephew were over visiting with my three grand nephews, so I went over and played with the boys, and visited the baby, then took the other two out for a walk.

Came home, and swept and mopped the tile floors (I know you'll find that part hard to believe).

Mrs. Kuki has gone out to the pool to sun and read, and I'm now perched on my pation watching the golfers go by, and catching up on CM.

Tonight we're firing up the grill to have some friends over who came in for just a few days. We're going to feed them, not grill them
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/