Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default sunday morning

I will keep it short.

Just want to wish a beautifull, peacefull sunday to all cruisemates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' "Mates". The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from a fantastic cruise aboard Carnival "Liberty", where I was privileged, once again to appear as "Elvis" in the Legends show, and brought home another 24 karet gold, plastic, piece of ship on a stick. GREAT cruise, but many of our new friends from the Great North East are still sitting on the ground in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, unable to get home. Good to be home with the "pups", but we sure miss heading for breakfast in the dining room, and chocolate melting cake.

"SKY"
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Manuel, are you snowed in in Connecticut?
Welcome back "Sky" and the Mrs. Glad you had a great time, and wish I could have been there to see "Elvis" perform!
I guess you're glad you didn't have to catch a flight from Miami! I imagine there are a lot of travelers stuck all over the country....

We've been watching news reports of the snowstorms across the US and wondering "how come we're not getting it?"
We've had so little snow so far, even though it's "flurrying" today, not much will accumulate. It's milder today too, at -6C that's 21F, so quite pleasant.

We had a riotous night out at Trivia last night, joined a group of strangers at a table and we had a blast! We didn't win anything, but came close, and mostly just had fun and a lot of laughs. That's what counts!

Today we are supposed to go out for brunch with some friends, and then I must work on lesson plans for the next week.
Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday....oh, isn't there a Super Bowl game on?

donna
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Everyone, enjoy the game later today...Got to work and I see some major snow comming this way Monday night into Tuesday, I just hope the forcast is wrong.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Good Morning Manuel, are you snowed in in Connecticut?

donna
The storm was blown out to the east. We had very cold wind but no snow.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from Sickie Central.

My cold is in full force and Betty's is almost gone but I'm still kicking.

We have 10" inches of snow forecast for today and tomorrow. It's really going to be a pain in the rear because: 1. My son was doing work on his car and using the garage but was called out of town on Thursday and won't be back until tomorrow night. 2. We told friends they could park their moving trucks in our driveway until they closed on their new house on Monday. We didn't know they would also have an open-air trailer so that's in the other side of the garage. Ergo: Both Betty's car and the Suburban are sitting outside, plus two 20+' moving trucks. It is going to be a bear to blow/plow the driveway with all those vehicles. So, I guess for the next two days I'll be moving cars and blowing every few hours. I'm not moving the moving trucks but it will be hard for the plow guy to get close to the house with them there. Oh well: I'll just see if I can get pneumonia out of this.

I hope everyone enjoys the "Superbowl" and has a fantastic Sunday.

Take care,
Mike (Who is now going to take more Sudafed)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates from very cold and frigid West Central Indiana with a chilling temperature of 7 degrees and another half foot of snow on the way between now and Tuesday Grrrrrr! When I see that Groundhog Phil, he's gonna get it, POW! right in his little buck tooth kisser! 6 more weeks of this? OMG!

Well I have escaped the frozen tundra in my mind at least by attacking the online PADI Open Water Dive certification, which allows me to escape mentally and makes me think for a while at least that I am underwater in the tropics swimming with beautiful marine life. Then someone opens the front door (a/k/a "the pneumonia hole) and I get hit with a frosty blast of air which snaps me right back to the reality of my situation. I am now ready to start the last section of the course and my confined water dives will begin next Sunday night which is pretty cool...Those will continue for 5 weeks and at that time I should be ready for my open water dive in June when I get to Belize and Honduras. Now that is going to be great fun I think.

Right now the bacon is frying in the skillet, making the house smell like Sunday Mornings should. I should attack the eggs soon and put out the breakfast spread. So for now I will sign off. and send Super Bowl greeting to all of the fans who are chomping at the bit for tonights game. May the team who plays best win... I'll be happy either way. Both teams have done a great job.

Take care and of course prayer being sent to those of you in need. I better go feed the masses!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Whoa, everyone got in early today!

Yeah, I so wish the sun would shine. This morning it's still dreary in upper East Tennessee with a current temperature of about 36, which in an of itself is alright, it's just that it's looks so dreary.

Our niece came over from Clinton yesterday and so we "put on the dog" for lunch by making it a Sunday din-din with her (and our) favorite, leg 'o lamb. It and my gravy came out perfectly and she was so thrilled. We sent all the leftovers home with her.

Must pay more attention to my sugar. Yesterday indulged in roasted potatoes, Fran's home made cherry pie, etc., etc. Even though I didn't sleep but a few hours last night I nevertheless felt worse than I would have ordinariyly expected . So, I took my sugar and it was 389! No more cherry pie for awhile.

Hope everyone enjoys the game today. As I've stated in response to a post by Venice and in keeping with what B/W says, while I'd like to see the Colts win, either way I won't be disappointed.

Prayers and Blessings continue along with best wishes for a fantastic Sunday.

Todd
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Captain

The sun has actually appeared here today and is shinning bright. With the snow on the ground it is looking very pretty. Beanie, we too are suppose to get hit again Tues with more of this white stuff .
The snow yesterday caused most everything to be cancelled last night including D/H square dance. I was not upset as I spent the afternoon and evening enjoying the return on NASCAR!!!! YIPPEEE. Enjoyed seeing Danica in her first race and she did a good job, 7th, after a spin in the grass.
Today is a lazy Sunday for us. Nothing big planned around here. D/H will have control of the TV remote and I'm sure it will be a day of basketball (Ohio State plays today) and football later. I am planning on spending the day working on getting photos from our cruise organized. Will work in fixing something easy for a late lunch.
Prayers out to all those in need. Everyone enjoy the day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Came out to enjoy my coffee on the patio again, and lo and behold the golf hole in front of me is somewhat flooded. Must have had quite a rainfall last night to do this, and I must have slept right through it. I heard nothing just prior to midnight when I went to bed.

But this morning the sun is shining, and the coffee tastes great.

Have friends coming over this afternoon to watch SuperBowl, and grill the world's BEST hot dogs (Vienna Beef Hot Dogs out of Chicago). Hope it's a great game, and I'm wondering how the commercials will be in the downturn.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Captain

Good Morning Cruisemates!

The cold weather (-32 C, -26 F) has finally eased off a bit and today we have an almost balmy (-13 C, 9 F) outside with a few flurries that are supposed to leave us with less than 4 inches of snow. I am sitting here trying to decide between the Carnival Liberty and the Carnival Glory for a cruise in April, these decisions are so difficult. Just put the baby down for a nap, made brownies with my middle daughter and bank transferred $50 to the broke, but INDEPENDANT, eldest daughter who keeps telling me she loves to be out on her own and taking care of herself (HAHA!, tell my bank account that she's independant and see if it can find any evidence to support that assertion)
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the football game for all those who are anxiously counting down to the game.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default Brrrr

18 degrees but sunny ,a beautiful blue sky .Counting the days till Spring and my next vacation ,getting closer every day.

A very happy SUPER Sunday to all
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Good Morning from New Orleans..temp in the mid40's ...not much planned this afternoon, just another boring day of NFL football.: rolleyes:

might go out tonight around 930 pm and maybe just a few of my neighbors and friends might be out enjoying the moon light

WHO DAT !!!!!!
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

We are back from the Land of Hand Sanitizers. They didn't help. Like Mike and Betty, both Keith and I are under the weather. The crossing to Hawaii was very, very rough. Some people fell, and unfortunately, some bones were broken, so we heard. The Zaandam (correct pronunciation "Zahn dum") left from San Diego two hours late. Even so, lots of folks couldn't get in, including many of the Indonesian crew. Some people boarded the ship in Hilo, our first stop in Hawaii.

And speaking of water, I am awash in laundry. I plan to cool it today, anyway. The L.A. Times awaits me along with the crossword. My voice is gone which gives Keith some peace and quiet.

Have a good Sunday!

Judy
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Hello Cruisemates, Kuki, you must be receiving some of the rain that has been hitting California for the past few weeks. The sun is out this morning and it looks wonderful. I am so looking forward to spring. Dust off the golf clubs, and work in the garden. Wishing you all a happy Super Sunday. May the best team win. I just hope I live long enough to see San Francisco get back to the glory of the eighties. Take care, Mike