Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Do you or dont' you?

Use a blanket or pillow, when you fly?

Now that American Airlines has decided to charge the flying public, for one more thing, will you now pay $8.00 for a blanket? Whoopie Goldberg was ranting about this today on the View..Asking people to rebel against this charge.That good old mantra, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore sounds pretty good to me. I have carried on a small blanket for years, lightweight, and packs down to nothing really,and a small pillow as well....I would not open my wallet for another thing while flying!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Nope I would not pay extra for it, but then again I never used them when they were free because I thought I might get cooties from them

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Admiral

I never use a blanket or a pillow . Soon the airlines will be charging for the air we breathe
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Admiral

And it came to pass one day that the new President of Scrooge and Marley was flying from New York to California with his poor abused assistant............

"Why that's preposterous, to pay to breathe. I would never in a million years pay for the air aroun..........gasp.... oh Stewardess, I'm having a bit of a time breathing.

What do you mean if I give you ten dollars, I'll get an additional one hour of air to breathe?!! Air is FREE! I refuse to pay........gasp-gasp. Well, alright then, don't just sit there, stupid, quick, give her a hundred ....... wheeze .....bucks!!!! What do you mean...gasp... you don't have any money! For Heaven's sake of course you've got money you idiot! I'm getting ready to pass out, hurry! What's that smile ....WHEEZE .... you have on your face? Look you deranged fool, if you don't hurry I'm going to ............................"

Todd
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Default Air

Remember the days of free air for tires at gas stations ? Water fountains ? Nothing will be free any longer except of course posting on this great board . Some sites charge for the right to freely post .

Old February 10th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Admiral

A long time ago, Air Canada had a plastic blow-up pillow, with a small lightweight blanket tucked inside a zip-loc pouch. I don't remember if it was free or charged for, but I kept it, and still use it to this day. I use the pillow for my lower back which always suffers on a flight, and the blanket to ward off the air-conditioning.
No, I would not pay extra for anything more on a flight, they gouge us enough!

donna
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

I agree with all of the above. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have stopped flying commercially a LONG time ago because of the cost, and more importantly, the INCONVENIENCE of it all! Years ago, my job mandated that I spend nearly half of my working hours aboard aircraft, and I just ain't gonna do it anymore. Thank GOD we live within easy driving distance of 5 cruise ports, and don't have to fly to cruise!

"SKY"
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Thats fantastic re being near cruise ports . I am in non flying vicinity of a few as well but I have not as yet taken advantage of same
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

NO Way! I rarely use them, only if they are left on my seat, I will miss a pillow however

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Admiral

I never used them.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Captain

I pay enough to fly, I will not pay extra for pillows, etc. And really with a wonderful husband to curl up next to, who needs a pillow anyway? I wish that airlines would just say the final cost of the flight instead of all the extras, I am so tired of the list of fees being longer than the list of things I want to do on my cruise itinerary. We are 2000 miles from the ports in Florida but we still drive to them 90% of the trips we take, in the end it's easier, you just make the drive part of the adventure as you stop in new places all along the trip. And the airlines can stuff their pillows and their blankets because we won't need them in the car : )
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Remember the days of free air for tires at gas stations ? Water fountains ? Nothing will be free any longer except of course posting on this great board . Some sites charge for the right to freely post .
When I go to the doggy park the water fountains for dogs are free.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Admiral

that's why I fly Southwest domestic