Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday morning

Good morning cruisemates.

I wish you all a very happy Valentines day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Happy Valentines Day to all . A Sunny Sunday to everyone .Its 29 degrees and sunny here with snow expected tomorrow night.

105 days to my next vacation
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Captain

Happy Valentines Day to all.

I don't know how it happened but I now have the creeping crude that several of our mates have been having. Did I get it from you? I feel better today than yesterday, just having trouble keeping the head cleared so I can breathe. I spent yesterday on the couch, thank goodness NASCAR was running so I had something interesting to watch. Our girl Danica did ok for her first time in Nationwide and very glad to see Tony get a win. Now if he can just continue the momentium through to todays BIG race.

I have a roast with potatoes & carrots in the crock pot cooking. This is going to be our Anniversary dinner. Today we have officially made it to 40 years! Who would have thought we'd make it this far? Our daughter and her family will be coming over later this evening to help us celebrate. The 6 yr old grandaughter called her papaw last night to ask if I would like a digital photo frame. Well he had trouble understanding her and repeated the question. So much for a surprise gift to us! No matter we will both act very surprised if that is what she is bringing to us.

Everyone have a great day and give a hug to your special Valentine if possible.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Morning Manuel, and Happy Valentines Day to you and all other CruiseMates out there!
It is a fairly nice Feb. day out there, only -3C or 26F, and the sun is struggling to shine through the haze.
Had a great day yesterday at the Winter Carnival, playing games in the snow,
then I came home to play in my own snow, building an "Inuksuk" in my front yard.
If you don't know what an Inuksuk is, it is the little rock figure that is the logo or symbol of the Vancouver Olympics. It is usually made by the Inuit out of large stones, and used as direction markers or greetings.
Mine is wearing a red hat, and waving a Canadian flag at passing motorists.
I have a picture, just not loaded yet, but maybe by tomorrow....

No exciting plans today, just cleaning and shopping, and hopefully relaxing with a good book.
Hope you all have a nice Valentines Day with your loved ones...

oops, must have posted at the same time as Sue....sorry you've got the "Crud" Sue, hope you're feeling better soon!

donna

Old February 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Mates. I think Donna left the freezer door open again. It was 33 degrees F. this morning when I let the pups out. (They didn't stay out long.) It's warming fast though, and is supposed to get up to 60 or so by this afternoon.
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) took me out to dinner yesterday, as we figured it'd be too crowded today. No real plans, except staying around the old homestead. Just heard that "Legend" has a propulsion problem. Figures, as I was thinking of booking a "Pack-N-Go" on that ship for real soon.
Hope y'all have a GREAT day.

"SKY"
Old February 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

A good afternoon from airport in Vienna, Austria. Not much of a valentine's meal for Arlene; we stopped at McDonalds in airport. I miss Japan where girls gave their boyfriends and husbands (or both) chocolates on valentine's day.

We are heading home after a wonderful week on the road.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

I want to wish all my sweethearts here a Happy Valentines Day! We all just finished handing out cards and candy and it is a cold but festive morning here in Indiana.

I am happy that I found a new wetsuit yesterday, tonight is the first of my confined water dives. I am very excited. I need to go out in the garage and get my fins snorkel and mask out of the cruise suitcase and I ought to have about everything I need then.

I was just amazed how busy the candy store was. This year, everyone got sugar free chocolate. We've all be doing really well trying to eat healthy. I didn't want to give anyone something that would ruin their good behavior. With the advent of sugar alcohol based sweeteners, there are some really good tasting sugar free chocolates out there, but if you overindulge you will get a very urgent and unexpected trip to the bathroom, so it definitely teaches you portion control when enjoying your sweets .

I also made it into Trader Joes and bought a case of wine and a ton of goodies that just aren't available out here in the boonies where we live. I love that store. I restocked my Boursin Cheese supply (Darn NCL Jewel for getting me hook on that stuff) every day, an hour or two before dinner, I'd go into the buffet and get myself some Boursin and a bunch of veggies and bread to spread it on to and have a wonderful appetizer. I love it.

In a bit I will make some breakfast for the tribe. Looks like we'll have stir fry for lunch and for dinner we'll have Pork Roast Florentine stuffed with cheese, spinach and roasted peppers. Maybe I can throw some Boursin on top .

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers going up for those of you in need. Hang in there!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Will YOU be my valentine?

It's an incredibly beautiful morning here in the desert. Lots of people already out walking their dogs on the path next to "my office". And everyone seems to be a in a cheery mood, wishing me good morning as they walk by.

Forecast is for highs near 79 today. To me those are near perfect temperatures. Not so hot I spend the entire time sweating.

Mrs Kuki and I have planned the perfect Valentine's Day too. She's driving me to a golf course, then she's spending the day with Kuki Jr est. I'd take her out later for dinner, but I just know she's going to insist on making me a really nice dinner.... so why spoil her plans.

After hearing how romantic a day I have planned for her, I imagine none of you will want to accept my invitation to be my valentine
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Happy Valentines Day!

A beautiful day to start with, with another cold front coming through this afternoon. I don't guess it really matters much for me; I plan on making a quick trip to the store/pharmacy, and then back home. Don and I will celebrate our Valentine's Day in a day or two. Neither of us feels like dealing with the crowded restaurants today.

Sue, I haven't been anywhere near you! I'm so sorry you have the creeping crud. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you. The creeping crud is taking its own sweet time leaving my house.

BW, enjoy your dive class this evening.

Kuki, I think we all need to move in with you!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

A very sincere Happy Valentines Day to all of my CruiseMates! Our feline children made a Valentines Day card for their mother but it looks kinda' strange. The ink cartridge ran about of some colors! Ah well, she loved it anyway.

The sun is shining gloriously outside the sun room windows. I only recall it being "out" but a few short minutes most of the past week. Alas it presages another round of snow for this part of upper East Tennessee. Right now they're calling for 3-5 Inches and if one or two inches can close the schools for a week, I guess the kids will be going back sometime after Easter!

So good to see AR's post on another thread.

Sounds as if I won't be alone being glued in front of the TV for a few hours today watching all the boys charging around Daytona, right Sue? Thankfully my adored Valentine understands. Shortly it'll be time for a quick trip to the grocery to pick up some items for Sunday din-din and also sour cream for more of my "Vanderbilt" dip. Also got to remember to bring up some more Sam Adams Octoberfest from the basement. Gosh, it's so satisfyiny that the gool 'ol USA is now turning out some truly drinkable beer!

Today's big meal will consist primarily of lemon pepper chicken roasted on my Ron Popeil rotisserie that we haven't used in a while. The chicken will be accompanied by dressing and cranberry sauce. Think I might also have steamed brussel sprouts drowned in butter. I feel as if I have to build up my cholesterol! To continue along that same vein, I get all of the crispy chicken skin as well. Yep, it's shaping up to be a wonderful day!

Prayers naturally continue for those on the list. Also a request for God's multitudinous Blessing on all `o you'uns.

Todd
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where the day promises to be just as Kuki describes: sunny and in the 80's. In other words, glorious!

Keith and I will have breakfast, read the Los Angeles Times, do the crossword, and have an early Valentine's dinner at Smitty's in Pasadena.

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Betty let me sleep late today since I had a rough night. My right arm is killing me and I finally had to take a Dilauded around 4:00 a.m.. I can't take codeine so my doctor has no problem giving me a script for it. I promised I wouldn't sell them.

Been playing with the kids this morning and we'll go to the movies around 2:00. Depending on how I feel I may or may not go with.

Betty loved her Valentine's present. I will too. Our friend, who is a chocolatier, made her a three pound assortment of chocolate covered nuts and different caramels. The grandkids have already had three pieces each so I'm hiding in the bedroom while they continue to bounce off the walls downstairs.

She was equally as thoughtful and bought me a card and promised that she'd cook for me. Gee: I thought Valentine's Day was a day to express your "love" not torture your mate.

I hope all have a wonderful day and enjoy the upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Nice about the chocolates Mike, not so much about your arm.

I too got a nice box of mini chocolates (I've eaten way too many already!)
and James got his favourite red wine and a nice new glass from our local NS winery. We're both Happy Valentines today!

donna
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Good Morning from another Arizona desert dweller. As Kuki says, it's almost perfect here today.

Jose and I wished each other a Happy Valentines Day this morning, but, for me, February 14th has always been, first and foremost, my mother's birthday. Today she is 87! The last few months have been filled with firsts since my Daddy died in April. So this is her first birthday without him, but she is doing well. Hopefully, I'll still get to spend many more birthdays with her.

So, Happy Valentine's Day, Cruise Mates!
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default bd

Helen and I wish all our friends and cruisemates a happy belated Valentine day.

We are celebrating ours by staying home and enjoying our dinner, Spare Riubs and baked beans, prepared by our daughter Dense.

Also enjoying a beauiful Florida weather, clear and cool temperture.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!