Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Default Snowy Snowy Sunday....

Morning Mates, from yet another snowy day in Pictou County!
It is coming down heavily out there at the moment, with a temp of -1, it will be sticking. There are "flurries" in the forecast, not "storm", but they're wrong again as usual!
Yesterday morning we set out to explore a new town, it was dull and overcast, but nothing more than light rain and a few flurries in the forecast.
We were about 3/4 of the way there, driving through the mountains when the storm hit - freezing rain, ice pellets, high winds, blowing snow across the roads! We passed a jack-knifed 18 wheeler in the ditch, and another car on its roof in the ditch. I never went more than 80 km/h (about 50 mp/h) even though I had big transport trucks bearing down on me flashing their lights.
It was a terrifying drive home and we were very relieved to arrive safe and sound!
Today, I am staying put. I have a lot of paper work to do (planning for next week's program, and for March Break). If I do go out, it will be to snowshoe and enjoy the new fallen snow!

Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:11 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!!

Well I am not sad that the snow we were forecasted to receive may just be rain instead...which while I am not too excited about rain... I would like to get rid of the snow on the ground and see the spring thaw underway. I would also like to go to my scuba class with out the excitement of last week's drive. I would love to see the temps consistently above 32 as well.
We've had enough of winter and are pleased to bid it adieu.

I was laughing so hard last night. One of my friends who I have known since we were about 10 years old was posting on Facebook that she had recently been ejected from a hockey game last week. Now aside from getting into a physical altercation with the ref...I didn't know what you could possibly do to get ejected from a hockey game. Well evidently the ref made a call she didn't agree with and I have a feeling it concerned her 17 year old son and she ended up calling him a DUMBA$$, and some other colorful words and found herself booted from the game. Well evidently the ref has been assigned to a game earlier this week and the one her son was in last night. The guy must have a good sense of humor because last night she posted this... "I bought the jersey of the ref who I called *&^(^&! -- he signed it D.A., and I got a pic took with him..... All's well that ends well!" I'm glad they both made peace .

Well today I need to run to the store in a bit. It seems some gnomes have snuck into the house and stole all of the half & half as well as eggs. Those are things I just cannot do without.

D/s is in all of his splendor, he asked me if I had anymore fun stuff out in the garage to play with. Last year my sister's landlord's son had outgrown a bunch of really cool toys that are things my son dearly loves like Legos and Bionicles and a cool car race track etc... Well there was a ton of this stuff in bags I put out in the garage knowing that it would be great for him when he had his surgery and I have been giving him a bag here and there and so this morning I brought out like 5 or 6 remaining bags of goodies and he is in hog heaven.

d/h is still asleep...

I am really looking forward to scuba class tonight. It's fun to have the diversion and I am really looking forward to my open water dive in Belize and possibly Honduras...who knows maybe even Cozumel . All of my equipment has now arrived, I have my BC Vest, wetsuit, dive computer console, regulators and stuff, so I am ready to rock & roll as soon as I get it all to the dive shop to have it looked over and all the stuff that needs to be done to it. I would like to get it all checked out so I can take my own stuff to class and become more familiar with it.

Well not much else is happening here. It is a pretty quiet day by all accounts. Hope you all have a good one!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM
Default Sunny Sunday

I wish everyone a sunny sunday . Its 33 and sunny here but snow is expected for the entire week .
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain and temps in the 60s in our forecast for the next two days. Unfortunately those forecasters were correct yesterday, and some fairly heavy rains have flooded "my hole" and ruined a few golf plans.

Appears today will be a day to bond with Mrs. Kuki, or she could go out to a movie with friends instead.. which she prefers

Invited to a friend's for dinner tonight, so rain won't ruin those plans.. since she has a roof.
Old February 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM

No snow here in my part of CA but it has started to drizzel/rain ? not the best timing for some work my husband was planning on doing outside but who knows what the day will turn out like------heck he could alway put on some rain gear like he did when he was working-

Wishing everyone well-take care continued thoughts and prayers going out to all in need----

Old February 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM

As Mr. Rogers used to say, "It's a wonderful day in the country side" or somethinkg like that.

I know what you mean about the big rigs, R/Donna. Back when I was an LEO and I was running back and forth to the Training Academy, I used to hang my uniforms in the back seat. Invariably some idiot would come up behind me at about 1,000 mph or so, swing out to pass and then catch sight of the uniform. I swear, they'd all but lose control trying to whoa it down and if it were an 18 wheeler, while I couldn't see it as I was watching where I was going, any passenger I had would get quite a show, one guy one time ended up laughing so hard he literally gagged and almost threw up. I could hear it though whenever the trucker would use his jake brake. Oh and yes, I would invariably be doing the speed limit and maybe a bit more and if it were snow and ice, I'd be driving sensibly for the conditions.

Hey B/W, when you get your diving certificate, I've a fantastic idea for a hit TV program. You'd play the part of a world reknown female French diver who would teach diving aboard a top of the line cruise ship and get into into all types of undersea adventures. I've even a fantastic title for the show, "Ocean Search!" Your character's name would be Roberta Cousteacus. And since you'd be famous world wide we'd also have to change your "real name" but I've that covered as well. Your new name would be Lloyda Bridget. Whaddyah say, think it's a plan?!!

Henry, I absolutely have to wash my car today yet I understand that most of next week will be crappy around here as well.

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

No snow here in Lakeland this morning. 73 and sunny. Cheamber of Commerce weather. I sure hope our winter is gone for good. I want it to be warm. I moved here for the sun and warm weather. No plans for this day but to relax. Have a great day.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain