Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Friday

Good morning from snowy NY . With the wind drifts there is at least 2 feet of snow outside my door and its still snowing .

I hope everyone has a great day
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Yes, weather not good anywhere in the Northeast of the US - lots of damage from the winds, and flooding. The sun is actually coming out here, at least for a minute or two.

Supposed to be driving to Boston today to fly out tomorrow - have a connecting flight in Philly.
Keeping my eye on flight delays and cancellations - they say that it will be hard to get out of Northeast this weekend.
I am thankful I bought trip insurance on my flights and cruise. It may come in handy - tho' I do really need some sun.
This stress hasn't come at a good time for me.

Dh got called out last night - actually worked all day yesterday (was supposed to be a day off) came home, then the winds came. The company he works for still has thousands out of power. He is supposed to be on way home, but who knows if they will relieve him. This company is not always the easiest to work for - but have to be thankful for a job.

So, not sure what the day will hold.
Hope the rest of the mates are going to have a peace-filled day!
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
My little part of the world, has missed all the white stuff, but, we had high winds and rain....today the sun is popping in and out.

Today is a babysitting day, so we'll see what can get done, if Lucy takse a nap

Yesterday I made these donut muffins..I swear, I hate to bake, but, suddenly find myself baking,,,,I am turning into a Stepford Wife

Beenie...my apologies, I missed your B Day...xoxoxoo

Make it a good one Cruisemates!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 26th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning, my friends!

Well, my weather is much better than what the NE is having today. We are supposed to have rain today, but I haven't seen it, yet. We have had a very cold winter (for us) and so my view today is dull and brown!

Nothing exciting for me today, but I'm sure I'll find something to do, so I won't be bored.

Jen, I know you have been under so much stress and a once you are on the ship, you will relax. I pray that you will have a clear path getting to San Juan.

Heny, stay safe and warm! Or, you can always build a snowman to compete with RollerDonna's!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Wow hard to believe another week has passed and it is nearly the weekend once more. I am so happy that time is not dragging on right now. I feared that we would feel very cooped up here in the house after d/s's surgery. It's hard to believe it was 4 weeks ago already. I am so happy that he is doing so good. Another week and a half he'll go back for X-Rays and then I suspect 2 weeks after that he'll start trying to put some weight on it.
D/S finally made it to his first guitar lesson last night. I exchanged a couple of messages with his teacher on Facebook this morning and he did well. He liked it and he actually picked it up this morning and practiced what he learned, so that's a good sign.
My parents come back from Florida Monday, so I think that I'll get d/d hooked up with Grandma to teach her piano lessons at the same time while d/s takes his guitar lessons and that way I can run down the street and have a seat at B-dubs and relax while they are both getting enriched .
I am once more pumped up for my next scuba class Sunday night and kind of bummed I only have 3 classes left. But excited since I have my Belize dives booked for our cruise, now I just have to get the lazy beach bums in Roatan to return my emails so I can book that I'll be all set. I can't really blame them, though, if I were hanging out in a beautiful tropical paradise, the last thing I would worry about is checking my email.
It will be kind of odd to go on a cruise without d/h. Really just strange I think. I know the kids will not want to sit through the long dinner every night, and will likely want me to take them to the buffet and then on to the kid's club as early as possible. So hopefully I'll be seated with a nice bunch of people. I can't remember what the kid's club's hour are anymore on Carnival, my brain has become mush...

Jen I hope you make it to San Juan for your cruise. Travel during bad weather can really be stressful. But once you get there you can relax.

Well I better get cracking here. I have plenty of stuff to do. I need to get with the program.

Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The patio perch is once again a great way to start the day. Temps in the desert are heading to the 70s again.

Mrs. Kuki leave today to head North, and back to the remenants of what is soon hopefully the end of winter. I've loaded her down with a bunch of bookwork that she has to send to the appropriate places when she gets home to keep us caught up, and a few business matters that need dealing with, so she's even less happy about leaving.

So, I'll be a bachelor for the next month, and in honor of the Pheonix Open golf tournament being held here this week I officially declare myself Tiger Wood's substitute.... so send the girls!!!

I'm not a sex addict, but I am willing to train
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Friday

Good morning, everybody. It's a sunny morning here in SoCalland, but that will all change as a big storm comes in tonight.

The radiologist pronounced me fit as a fiddle. I see him again in a year.

Nothing much planned, except the gym for Keith.

Jen, I, too, hope your plane makes it out. Have a wonderful cruise!

Judy