Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Red face Saturday Morning has almost dawned

Good Morning Mates,
Here I sit in Boston, unable to sleep. It is almost time to shower and head to the airport. I am trusting that we will get out and into San Juan before sail time tomorrow. If not, it isn't like I don't have plenty to do, and since I am ahead at work, I could just use the time to get down some of the extra stuff that plagues my mind, cuz it just never gets done. Either way it will be a gift.

I haven't allowed myself to get too excited for the Cruise, so I am thinking that it will become real once I am in warmer climes.
I hope to be able to get on line a couple times during the cruise to give you some updates, then hope to report with more detailed report upon arrival home. I am always so swamped when I return I don't get a chance to do that, but hey - a girl can dream!!!

RD - glad you are back in cyberspace with us. Missed you.

Hope everyone is ok - I haven't had a chance to keep up as much as I like. If I have missed something important, please send me a message.

May you all have a lovely day, with something special to enjoy or savor!
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Admiral

ahhhhhhh the excitement of cruise day..think positive, you'll be having a drink of the day in SJU by sundown..have a great cruise

raining and cold in New Orleans going to a book signing of a world famous photographer (Dr. Debroah Willis) and then an evening performance of the world famous Alvin Ailey Dance Troupe

everyone in the City can't wait for the Saints pre season camp to open in July
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen and all who follow. Do so hope you get your flight to San Juan today. I presume you've been given some "light at the end of the tunnel" by your carrier before making the trek South. I'm sure I speak for all when I wishing and praying with all of our might that you get on your much deserved cruise. Please give us updates at least until you board ship of failing that, what your alternative plans will be.

Have to jump in the shower soon as I'm taking Fran up to Johnson City this morning for an appointment. My reward for being chauffeur will be cinnamon nut rolls at either Atlanta Bread or Paneri's. Gosh how I miss those to die for cinnamon nut rolls from TJ Cinnamon with the caramel sauce and pecans poured all over them. I don't even know if the chain is sill in business.

Looks for us as if due to everyone's scheduling conflicts, the two of us may just either go to Cleveland on our own or though I'm kinda apprehensive, bite the proverbial bullet and have my cardiac ablation done around here and hope it's successful. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just don't want Fran alone in "the big city" especially when I'm having such a procedure. It's very safe but if you're five hundred miles from home with just your wife, you hedge your bets

Gonna' be chilly and blustery around these parts for the next few day. I too am getting to the point that I'm ready for Spring. Hard to believe that at one time I was a New York "Frozen Brain."

Hope you went out and wildly celebrated your birthday, BeenieWeenie and that you don't have to dig out this morning from too much of the white stuff, Roller Donna and that the rest of you experience a good day weatherwise.

Prayers and Blessings continue along with every good wish to all of you for a wonderful weekend.

Todd
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates,
Jen, hope you get your flight out to San Juan for that much deserved cruise!
Todd, enjoy that cinnamon bun - mmmmm!

Well, it's a good thing I don't have a flight to catch or an appointment to get to today because I am looking out the window at a blizzard.
Parts of the Maritimes are supposed to get up to 30 cms of snow, in our area we are supposed to get 100 ml of rain, but it appears Mother Nature didn't get that memo, and we are being snowed on this morning.
The big plow just came barreling down the hill spewing salt behind, so I can imagine the roads are in no great shape already.
Think I will be curling up with a good book today....

I am glad to be back in cyberspace too, and as long as the power holds out, I'll have something else to do today besides read!

donna
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
just a spit of snow right now, but around here, we have had, a not so bad winter.....

I am off to work today,will be busy reworking the windows, and merchandising the store...always fun for me...

So, that's my day.....make it a good one. ps Jen, have a ball in the sunny Caribbean! xox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Admiral

My goodness, we have some early birds this morning!

Good morning!

Jen, I'm sure you will be winging your way southward in a short time! Sit back and enjoy your cruise!

Todd, I understand your indecision regarding where to have the procedure done. My vote says to go to Cleveland, and trust that everything will be well, since you will be in such capable hands! And can you send me one of those cinnamon buns? Yuuuum-meee!

RD, aren't you glad that you don't have to get out in that mess! Sit back with a good book and keep that blanket wrapped around you!

Venice, can I join you today? I love good photography and I have never had the privilege of seeing the Alvin Ailey Dancers perform in person. What a great day!

Not much on my agenda today. Doing a little more planning for our Spring Break trip, next month. We are taking our DS, DIL, and PGB (precious grandbaby) skiing. My DH has been trying to do this for several years, but it just didn't come together. This year it did. We could have taken a VERY nice cruise, for what this little jaunt is going to cost! It will be fun to show my PGB (she is 5 now) how to make snow angels. DS will teach her how to ski!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13

Last edited by ready2gonow; February 27th, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add note to Venice
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am happy to hear things are looking up for Jen! The only thing lacking is that I wish I were joining her.

It snowed a little last night while we were sleeping and I am so sick of it, but at least I'm not on the east coast where they are really digging out.

Donna welcome back!!!

Todd last I checked there is still a TJ Cinnamon's at a Pilot Station about 4 miles away from us. This spring if you head towards Indy, I'll bring you one. One of life's little pleasures!

Well I now have a plan for all of my scuba dives on my June Cruise. Gonna dive in Belize and Roatan. It's difficult because the cruise lines have very effectively cornered the market on some of the better vendors and signed exclusive contracts with them, so if you want to use their services, you are compelled to book them through the ship. The end result is that you pay a much higher price and you are stuck in a huge group of people like sardines in a tin. Not my idea of a laid back relaxing experience. So I found a couple of alternatives... all is well

Soon it will be spring planting season and I am very excited to get my green things growing! I couldn't be happier that we are getting closer everyday!

Yesterday I took a nasty spill when I happened to go surfing across the tile floor atop d/s's camoflage machine gun. I now have a bruised shin, swollen knee, and sore everything ....but I can say with definite certainty...I will eventually heal from my injuries, but that machine gun will never recover. May it rest in pieces.

Hope you all have a great day. Again I want to say thanks to everyone for the warm birthday wishes. You guys are wonderful!

Have a great weekend all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Saturday

Good morning all from sunny but very cold NY .More snow is expected later today to continue into tomorrow and another storm is expected on wednesday . After that its expected to warm up and continue into spring .
I'm counting the days to April 1 and to my next vacation in May
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A blip in the great desert weather this weekend... clouds and rain are forecast to fill the weekend. It's still supposed to get to 75 today, but with some rain.

Mrs. Kuki is safely home, so I'm going out looking for "broads". Actually I'm going to spend the day with my nephew, and brother in law, helping to move some things.

Then later watch some of the Pheonix Open on TV along with Olympic coverage.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning, CM!!! Today and tomorrow should be beautiful days, with the temp. around 55 degrees and sunny. Yesterday, we had sleet, snow and rain, all in the morning. Funny weather!
Prayers going out to all in Chile! Hope the tsunami doesn't hit Hawaii!
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Good morning, fellow cruisemates, from Virginia Beach. I have already been to the grocery store and I am going to do some ironing after lunch. Tonight we are going out with several couples to Ruby Tuesday's; there was a $10 off coupon online. Jen, hope you got off to a great start on your cruise. (have the fun of the cruise is the anticipation of it!). To those cruisemates in the middle atlantic states, I really hope that the roads are cleared soon. (a friend of mine's husband is stuck in Miami as the Newark airport is closed). Make it a great day!
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Connecticut.

We have some snow on the ground but not a lot.

We will be going to Florida on march 11, and than we have a cruise in april, so we should see some sunshine before too long.

Have a nice weekend mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Manuel,

I can't think of a better day to go to Florida than the 11th of March as on that day was created something of immense porportion. Well, to be truthful, my wastline wasn't "immense" back then but it sure as heck is now! Have a cold one for me!

BTW, while I'm here, how come everytime I hit the "more" smilies button I don't get them anymore, it just reverts to this page. Is anyone else having this problem or an I not "smiley" enought to be allowed to use them?

Todd
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning Has almost Sawned

Good morning and good afternoon. I am late getting on the 'puter today. Like New Orleans, it is raining and cold; actually, it's absoluely pouring! If anybody had outdoor plans for today, I think Ma Nature has done a good job of quashing them.

Donna, it looks like we'll be doing insude stuff, too. Can't even take out the trash, the wet stuff is coming down so hard. I just started a new Stewart Woods book called "Kisser." Then, as Jen says, there's always that which never gets done!

Have a good day. Stay dry, warm, and safe.

Judy
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Sitting in a Hotel Room at the Philly Airport Mariott
watching the tsumani coverage. Have elderly relatives in Oahu - trusting they have been placed in safety.
Um my luggages should soon be arriving in beautiful San Juan.
I will arrive tomorrow - if all goes well.
At least we are safe.
When some people have lost life, homes, possessions, I cannot complain. My life is blessed.