Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning and the Olympics are Over!

It's Monday morning, and I'm sure Canada has one giant hangover this morning.
The entire country was celebrating last night over Sidney Crosby's amazing OT goal in the U.S./Canada hockey game!
Not only did we win Gold in hockey, we won the most Gold medal EVER in the Olympic Games, and the most medals EVER on home soil.
We have much to be proud of today...once the hangovers go away....

Stayed up till midnight (Atlantic Time)to watch the Closing Ceremonies too, they were awesome. I've never seen so much Canadian culture and Canadian pride anywhere. I have to admit though, I'm a little embarassed about Neil Young. He may be a great songwriter but he really can't sing!
On the other hand, nothing says Canadian like Giant Beavers and Flying Moose! Did anyone else think of our Kuki when they saw those moose?

And now for the weather report....It looks like a blizzard out there again this morning at 7:55 a.m. but it will probably change to rain later.
We are expecting snow/rain all day and already they have announced the school buses will only run on paved roads this morning.
I have to go in to work early and do some paperwork stuff in the Town office before we go to the school. Hopefully, it won't close before I get there!
Have a great start to the week everyone!
Hoping VTJen made it to her cruise OK, and that Mike had a great weekend fishing!

donna
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:45 AM
Admiral

I am so glad R/D for you and Canadians everywhere! It's seems as if, when it comes to most winter sports, that you all would be considered the best and now you've proven it! Canada, certainly deserves it's hangover!

It's currently 34 F here in upper East Tennessee on what's supposed to be a dry day.......maybe.

Only a short post today as I have to get the litterboxes done and then a quick shower as Fran has to be at the eye doctor at nine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and it goes without saying, prayers accompanied a request for Blessings on all continues.

Todd
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well we are more than 24 hours of temps above freezing...this is a warming trend I would love to see continue. It should be drab and overcast for the next several days. We had some drizzly rain last night about midnight on my way home from scuba class, it isn't pretty outside but it sure beats snow!

It looks like our scuba class is slowly winding down. Everyone is anxious to finish up class so they can go on vacation to exotic waters to do their open water dives. Most of our class will be finished next Sunday aside from those of us who want to come for an optional session the following week. I will likely attend that session, just because I want to remember what I am doing and get it locked into my brain.

I have pretty much finalized all my plans for open water dives in Belize and Roatan. I just can't wait to go...

For some reason the fam decided to wake up early this morning. D/s was up at 6:00 and everyone else followed soon after. Which means I may need to put us all down for a nap after lunch I hope! I am really tired right now, since I didn't get to bed until about 12:30 or 1:00 a.m.

There's isn't much else happening here. I am just playing school with the kids and hanging out here at the house with them. I better put my nose to the grindstone and start working on my taxes as the corporate stuff has to filed by March 15th. Ugh! Hate it! I am surprised the Accountant hasn't called me yet to kick me in the rear end.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!

Last night watched as all those athletes were putting on the antlers they were given, and thought it was video of a CruiseMates group cruise.

The rain storm has moved on, and it's back to being a gorgeous morning, with the normal outstanding view from my patio perch. Temps are heading to the 70s for the balance of the week apparently.

Have a golf game scheduled for noon with some other snowbirds I've met here, and then out for dinner with my sister, BIL and some of their friends.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends!

Well, I awoke to a really hard rain this morning, but it moved on through. Light showers are predicted for the rest of the day, with sunshine left in its wake. It looks like our temps are getting back to what we normally excpect for Spring, 60's-70's. I heard on the news that our weather should bring us a bountiful array of wildflowers this year. They are most beautiful in the Texas Hill Country, in the central part of the state. Hopefully they will be there when we come back from our Colorado trip, and I'll get to enjoy them.

Ahhh, the olympics! Everyone here is still talking about what a wonderful host Canada was! I have to agree. Well done!

Thinking of our friends in need of prayer today! Since we haven't heard from VTJen, I'm guessing that is a good sign, and she made it to San Juan and her ship!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny

Sunny and 46 degrees but waiting for the snow
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Cheers to all cruisemates

The winter olympics are over, but they were awsome.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning and the Olympics are Over!

Super late greetings to all! Congratulations to Canada on their winnings and for putting on such a wonderful show for the world. Keith and I watched the closing ceremonies, too. Next, for me at least, is the World Figure Skating Championship this month. Yes, I did think of Kuki when I saw all the antlers!

It's a beautiful warm day here in my little corner of CA. Didn't even need a sweater when I went out. That will change tomorrow, though. El Nino is coming through with a lot of the wet stuff and more scheduled on the weekend. Even though it won't fill up the reservoirs, some is better than none!

Keith has received an invitation to work on a replica of the first airplane that Wright flew. The project is being done at Flabob in Riverside County. He'll go out there every Saturday for a half day.

Back to regular tv tonight!

Judy
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Kuki and Rollerdonna,

Congratulations to Canada on a terrifically great Winter Olympics!! We watched More this time than ever before. Both Canada and the U.S. did very well indeed. Although I cheered for the U.S. in the final Hockey game, I'll have to admit that I wasn't sad to see Canada win. It is great to see such unbridled joy! I'm guessing that young Sidney Crosby will have free beer for the rest of his life, although Kuki might make him pay

The whole thing from opening to the closing last night, was just very well done. My only regret was that I wasn't in Vancouver to eat the world's best Chinese food.

Years ago I was a Kiwanian in Cheyenne Wyoming. We had some Canadian ex-pats in our club and so to honor Kiwanis International, we sang both God Bless America and Oh Canada at the start of every meeting for two whole years. It was good to become re-familiar with that great national anthem!! Lord knows you guys won enough gold medals!

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10