Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tinglings...

Morning Mates, it's Tuesday and the "tinglings" are becaue it's LOST day for me! Can't wait to see what's in store tonight!

Yesterday was a marathon day. My partner and I worked over 8 hours in the office and neither of us are office people, but we managed to produce a 2-fold brochure for our upcoming March Break activities.
Those have to be delivered to 3 schools 1st thing this morning, then we can go back to teaching where we belong!

Weather here continues the same, hovering above or below 0, half rain half flurries, just messy driving. Is spring out there somewhere?

donna
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

It feels like spring here, the snow is all gone and we have a nice sunny day with up to 50 deg. F.

I hope that all cruisemates have a wonderfull day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
In this part of Massachusetts, we have no snow, I have day lillies poking through,wanting to say hi...by Saturday, it could be close to 50!

The kids are moving out, and I will be granchildless in the house again

My eldest granddaughter turned 21 yesterday, a nicer kid was never born Her uncle took her to Mohegan Sun to give 21 a test drive

So today, I will babysit lucy, I stated a new book, and maybe if she takes a nap, I can get a few chapters in.

Make it a good one....Luanne...xoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Admiral

The light snow here RollerDonna proves to me that Spring has yet to be sprung here in upper East Tennessee. Don't think it's supposed to amount to anything but then again, when they've called for a bit snow, they've been wrong about ninety percent of the time this winter. I see the banners out there now "Vote Kuki North America's Official Weather Prognosticator!" He'll get my vote for sure.

Geesh Trip and Manuel, your weather is prettier and far warmer than down here!

Took Fran to her cancer support meeting last evening. For those cancer survivors who go out of their way to avoid such gatherings expecting them to be nothing more than an exercise in depressive expression (or as one member defines it, "A pity party"), couldn't be more wrong. We were all laughing for the better part of an hour and a half.

The above reminds me about my visits to my cardiology group and ask if anyone experiences something similar in their doctor's office. Also, I've never had to wait beyond my appointment time and when called in, have never been "warehoused" in an exam room waiting forever for treatment to begin.

At their office, there is always coffee (and wonder of wonders, it's GOOD coffee) available. Not every time but frequently when I have a morning appointment there will be boxes and boxes of fresh donuts, an enormous fruit compote, etc. Several times when we've gone around lunch, we've seen trays of finger sandwiches, a huge bowl of potato chips, lemonade, cookies and iced tea, etc.

Needless to say when we first experienced such a welcome in the waiting room, we were thunderstruck.

Here comes the best part. I finally asked why they did it. The nurse told me that they never want anyone to have to wait beyond their appointment time and if so, no more than a couple of minutes. The reason for these enormous spreads is that at certain times the service techs representing the two primary pacemakers and ICD's (as I have) have to both be in the office at the same time to do their checks of the units, etc. This can result in waits up to a half hour! Now I usually have to wait at least a half hour from the sign in to being actually treated at a doctor's office. Not here! But when even the possibility such scheduling (and of course they know of them in advance) occurs and MAY result in waits of up to one half hour, appropriate spreads are ordered from a catering company! How do you like them apples, sports fans?

Prayers and Blessings of course continue!

Todd
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone, remember me?

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope all is well with you each and every one of you today. Here I have absolutely nothing on the agenda for today which is a switch. Not that there isn't plenty to do around here but, I don't have anything written in stone. I guess I'll do some house cleaning then sit down with my taxes and get started on that mountain. Really I shouldn't complain, this year should be so much easier than recent years since d/h only worked for my company during the first quarter of last year, and then started his new job for the University in March. So the tax duty shouldn't be so overwhelming, it's just getting started that is the hardest part. I think I am just so overly traumatized by last years experience and final tax bill I have a major aversion to it all this year.

I hope March is a good month. It looks like we may have d/s starting to get back on his feet in a few weeks. D/D is to go back to the ENT for the results of her sleep study early next week and then we'll see what is going on from there. Tomorrow one of my buddies from school is coming down this way from Madison, WI. We're going to meet for a nice lunch and a stroll down memory lane in Champaign.

I finally got a good night's sleep for a change. So perhaps today I will be a little more ambitious around here. I do feel a little more energetic.

Well thoughts and prayers are going out to Luanne, Jim and Josh. I hope the wheels of Justice start turning a little bit quicker and they can get through this with no more delays.

Everyone take care! See ya later alligator.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A mid 70s day is beginning to show a hint of promise already this morning in Scottsdale.

Have to admit I'm missing Mrs. Kuki's prescence already. Talked to her last night and she is being a real trooper getting a bunch of my "errands" done, so things will be in back in order by the time I go home.

Had dinner out with my sister and bil and some of their friends last night. There was some talk of a "guys" jaunt to Vegas for a couple of days, which tweeked might interest.

Meanwhile I have another golf game scheduled for this morning. It's really a tough life when my toughest decision of the day is which pair of shorts I'm going to wear for golf
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday from warm and sunny NY .46 going up to 50 .Spring is on the horizon and I can't wait
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I have returned victorious from the Great White North. We caught many fish and the freezer is now well stocked and many fish dinners will be on the menu. I had a great time.

I got back late yesterday afternoon and unpacked and cleaned stuff up and was in bed by 9:00 p.m.

Today is a VERY busy day. Betty and I have to take my car back to the body shop. The window is having a hard time going up and down. The weather stripping is too tight and the front door speaker is only working when the right bump is hit. Then we have to go to Home Depot and buy a new toilet. Over the weekend my grandson flushed and the handle broke. The toilet is almost fifteen years old so rather than just replace the handle it's time for a new one to match the ones in the other bathrooms. So I'll also have the fun job of pulling out and installing the new toilet. This one is in a tight spot so it won't be fun but shouldn't take too long.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you also have a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tinglings

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Hope it's a warm day again.

I plan to finish the ironing today. Don't know what Keith has on his agenda. Nothing's very exciting here, as you can tell. I guess that's a good thing. I am back on antibiotics in yet another effort to get rid of this cough.

Have a good dy, people.

Judy
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Hello Cruise Mates from a rainy Northern California. The weatherman says it will rain off and on for the next few days. I am so ready for Spring. I know we need the rain but enough already. I am sure the next thing will be flooding when the snow run off starts. Kuki, that golf sure sounds good. I played nine holes Christmas day with an Irish friend of mine (yes there was a drink involved) and that was the last time. Talk about rust , I can't wait to see where the ball goes next time I play. Take care all, Mike
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from, in the lower forties, Virginia Beach. This morning was busy; after going to the gym, I did food shopping and had to fill up my gas tank. Then, I had to put on a wash and make dinner. I am back to my normal schedule at work so I have less time, during the day, to get things done. Trip, I am sure you miss your grandchildren not living with you. We won't see our grandchildren until passover! Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a super Tuesday!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Hi everyone, remember me?
Yes Doug, of course we remember you! We miss your beautiful cruise photos!
I could use a view of a tropical island about now...winter is never ending in these parts...

donna
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Yes Doug, of course we remember you! We miss your beautiful cruise photos!
I could use a view of a tropical island about now...winter is never ending in these parts...

donna
Awwwww Thanks RD even after all the grief I gave you on Facebook over Team Canada and Sidney Crosby? I cheerfuly admit that Flyer fans would love him if he belonged to us.

Pictures will be back soon.

By the way the crowd in Pittsburgh last nite gave Ryan Miller, Buffalo and Team USA goaltender and the Olympic MVP a huge standing ovation, even bigger than the one for their captiain Sidney Crosby.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004