Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Weather Forecast - Wrong!

Morning Mates,
Our forecast says "variably cloudy", but there is just enough new snow on the ground to completely cover all that melted yesterday, and the nice green that was beginning to appear.
Big fat flakes are still falling, and our plus temps have returned to minus once again. Winter just keeps hanging on.....

Well, it's Tuesday, and that means LOST day for me. Can't wait for tonight to see the promised "demise of Benjamin Linus"!

donna
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Rollerdonna and all who follow!

I don't worry about watching Lost on TV as Fran has been telling me for decades that I am long beyond just being lost.

Another beautiful morning here in upper East Tennessee with highs projected to climb into the low sixties. The lawn and garden place picked up my Husqvarna lawn tractor sometime yesterday to take it in for it's annual oil/filer, air filter change/check-up. I told them to please also replace the blades. On that machine they are quite inexpensive and my old ones had already been sharpened once. Again despite all the frigid temperatures up until just about a week ago, it's hard to believe we'll be back to lawn mowing within a couple of weeks, probably less. Spring has certainly returned to the South.

Read an interesting article during my "middle of the night awakening period" about taking vitamins. Suffice it to say, the vitamin industry will be none too thrilled that the public is being informed that there is little to no reason in this day and age for most folks on an average diet to take vitamins and that to do so, can be sometimes even be harmful. One reason is because since many of us middle age and over who took vitamins when we were young, the food industry has enriched so many different foods (in addition to just bread and milk) that one today normally gets plenty of vitamins.

Hope everyone has a bright Tuesday!

Prayers and Blessings continue!

Todd
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
Well all I can say about our weather yesterday was WOW! It started out very foggy like pea soup, but around 10 the fog started to burn off. It was so beautiful. Sunny and believe it or not it actually got above 60 degrees, I was in heaven as I drove down the road with my windows open. D/D got some good news, her sleep study came out borderline normal and the Doctor was able to find that most of her issues were mostly due to sinus/allergic reactions and we are trying some different meds to control that without surgical intervention. So no surgery...at least for now. Hopefully the meds will be sufficient to do the job.

Today I have to go back to Indy, this time for d/s's appointment. This should be a very eventful appointment. I looked back on the calendar at d/h's last surgery and by week 6 he was starting to try to walk with his walking cast and crutches, So now we are about a week past that point and he should have xrays today and should it all look good I expect that when we get home he will begin to start walking again. This very exciting.

I finally got a good night's sleep last night. I was so beat. I hope we have a nice day today like yesterday, but we have a 40% chance of rain and clouds should start moving in...so who knows. At least it isn't snow.

Ewwww Todd, that reminds me, I need to get my Husqvarna ZTR in too. Last year d/h and the neighbor decided to make it a DIY project.... all I can say is this year the professional is going to do it. Also I guess I need to go evict the mice from the yard barn and pray that I get them all out before the mower turns them into shredded mouse burgers yucko!

I bought some bulbs and other stuff and I am trying to get ready to start planting as soon as frost danger is over.

Well I better start getting ready to get the kids ready for another exciting day. I hope it's a good one for all of you!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning, my friends!

I'm finally feeling better (again)! It seems like I'm having a hard time staying healthy, here lately. Saturday night I got a GI virus. It surprised me, because I don't normally get this type of bug. Oh well, things are about back to normal!

Todd, speaking for vitamins and the effect or non-effect .... today on GMA they did a spot about Fosomax and a possible negative effect after taking it for 5 years or longer. It seems women are having their femurs snap in two, with almost no pressure! Very frightening! Doesn't look like the FDA or Merck feel there is suffricient evidence for further investigation, tho. We shall see.

Beenie, that is good news for your DD! Also, keeping my fingers crossed that DS will be on a walking cast today. I would say that your life will slowly return to normal, but I'm not sure what your normal is!

RD, enjoy Lost tonight!

Well, I need to get busy. We have a road trip, leaving Thursday for Colorado. It will be a fun time in the snow with the family!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful Texas. It is suppose to be in the high 70's today. Spring has sprung. We had our first spring storm last night, and it was a good one. Several inches of rain fell.

We will be leaving soon for what I can't talk about, and will be doing what I can't talk about. Please keep us in your prayers as our lives are in the hands of others.

Hopefully one day this southern girl will be able to talk freely. It is killing me.

Have a great day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny and beautiful

In my part of NY ,temperatures may hit the 60's today .

79 days to my next vacation .
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A day in the high 50s only in store for me in the desert today. They "were" calling for rain this morning, but that hasn't materialized. "They" say it's still going to rain today, but I'm hoping they remain wrong.... as we've got tickets for a spring training baseball game this afternoon.

Got to go out for dinner last night with my nephew; just the two of us, which I enjoyed, so we got to have a nice personal one on one chat.

Just a few more days here, then I head to Miami for the big SeaTrade Convention. There's going to be tons of cruise line execs, suppliers trying to showcase their wares, and tourism boards vying to get seen and reported on, and I'm going to be taking a "kuki look" at the proceedings and reporting to you. We should have some fun, and hopefully you'll be able to share it with me here.
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are having another gorgeous day. I'm sure that we will still have a few more cold days, but we are enjoying the good weather while we have it.

Luanne God bless you and your family, and may He give you the strenght to endure.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Still trying to recover from the picture of Sara Jessica Parker.

Today's idea was to try and see Avatar before Betty goes to work. The only problem is that the 3D version is gone from most theaters now that Alice in Wonderland has been released.

I have done quite a bit of reading on vitamins and additions to food. Yes: there are a large amount of vitamin supplements in the food we eat but the level of vitamins in the actual food has dropped over the last twenty years because of the soil conditions. That and the amount of antibiotics that are stuffed into livestock (specifically Baytril, a powerful antibiotic that is similar to Cipro) makes it fun figuring out what's going in your mouth. Oh well: I think I'll have a steak for dinner.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and the rest of the week is the best one yet.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Virginia Beach where another beautiful day looms upon the horizon. Last night I worked late but was thrilled to get the extra time at work; business is still slow but it is supposed to rebound in April. I did my gym routine and put on a wash. Just a quiet Tuesday. Yes, dear cruisemates, I know how exiting the anticipation of going on a cruise is; December 11th can't come fast enough!
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Admiral

B/W, such wonderful news about your daughter and that your son too is doing so well.

I am really looking forward to your description of the Great Mouse De-Housing . I still laugh when I recall last year's eviction!

Luanne, I think I speak for all of us when I say you're in our prayers every day.

Darlene, didn't anyone tell you the only possible way you could ever get that illness is aboard a cruise ship?

Mike, don't get me started again on the quality (or rather lack thereof) of today's American beef. Oh and by the way, I meant to tell you that I saw in the local Wal-Mart the other day a couple of what appear to be 10-12 oz. bottles of Coke that was bottled in Mexico. I wanted to get one until Fran, seeing the price, gave me a withering look as she said, "Are you out of your mind?!!!" I think next time I'll go out there alone, bite the bullet and fork over the $1.25 for a bottle and try one. I'll just tell her that I ran across a guy named Mike from Minnesota who gave it to me.

Balabusta, remember that song, "Anticipation?"

Todd
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Weather Forecast - Wrong!

A late good morning to everybody. It's sunny, windy and cold. You wanna wear yer Minnesota jacket when you go out there!

Todd, re vitamins: I've taken Centrum Silver every day for along time. Once I had cancer, I was told to take more. Yes, and don't get me started on beef quality, either!

Not a big day here. That's a good thing, I guess.

Have a nice day.

Judy