Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Sunshine!

Morning Mates,
It's Wednesday and it is now 5 days in a row we have seen the sun!
Although yesterday started out with flurries, it turned nice, if cold later on.
Today it is -4 with a windchill of -10, or 14F. Still a bit chilly, but I'll take the sun!
Last night's episode of LOST left me so frustrated that questions weren't answered and things didn't go as I'd hoped. But they sure know how to ratchet up the tension!

Today is a half day for me, and this afternoon I will take the doggy for a "do".
She is in dire need of a bath and a haircut, so she has an appointment with the groomer, and I will go visit the library while I wait.

Luanne, will be thinking of you and your family while you heal.....

donna
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and all to follow.

Spring like tempratures are upon us and the only reminder of the past winter is the massive pile of snow remaining in the train station parking lot.

Marj and I went out last weekend and purchased our lawn and garden supplies for the season. Guess what that means for the next few weekends . We have daffodills poking up out of the ground. That also means the war against moles and voles is about to begin . I think I almost have Marj talked into dynamite and other munitions this time. .

Luanne - praying for you and your family.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Street Performer Mallory Square Sunset Celebration, Key West

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is indeed it is another great day... I got a semi-decent night's sleep. The temps this morning are 55. It got up in to the 60's yesterday, while I was running around Indy.

We made it to d/s's Dr.'s appointment, Some crazed receptionist on a powertrip would not allow d/s to sit down in Xray reception and wait for d/h to run upstair to pick up the form from the Doctor, for some reason this idiot insisted we drag the kid all the way up there on his crutches so she can then hand d/h the form. I could have killed her.

Then the icing on the cake is we take d/s back down to xray to get the images of his foot done (so we can go back upstairs again afterward to see the Doctor) d/h and I are standing there talking about the lack of common sense and consideration shown by the receptionist, then the receptionist in XRAY says, that lady you're talking about is my Mother, and it's not her fault, they have to do what the Doctor wants, blah, blah, blah. I finally lost it, and let it fly, I told we have been through this before and I know for a fact the Doctor had no knowledge of the unnecessary hoops this woman was making people jump through, just for her own amusement and that she and her Mother needed to learn how to behave in a more professional and considerate manner towards patients and that she could apologize at anytime. My Husband said "You sure are fired up honey!" Finally the gal figured out if she didn't back down there was going to be BIG trouble and I got an apology and d/s finally got his Xrays and we went back upstairs to see the Doctor and the original receptionist hid until we left (smart move).

The good news is that no one died. The better news is D/S is cleared to start walking again and he doesn't have to go back to the Doc for 6 weeks. So he has started walking in his walking cast with crutches and we'll do that until next Tuesday, and then we'll lose the crutches, then after one more week, we'll lose the cast.

I really am so glad we live in a small rural area and don't have to deal with big city traffic. I hate sitting and going nowhere. Yesterday I had to take some equipment to a shop to be worked on and the guy says, oh golly gee well I don't think they even make parts to fix that anymore. BUT I happen to have this other brand new thingy I can sell you right here for $350. Of course my BS detector started to go off sirens and flags were waving inside my head. So I googled it on my phone to find another shop in Indy and of course, I found one but it is on the other side of Indy. I put the address into my GPS and for some reason my GPS sent me in a huge circle which probably took me about 5-10 miles out of the way and returned me to the vicinity I started out from.

I am doing another slow simmer, then of course, I turn the GPS off and on again, re enter all the info and then we start to head in the right direction. Then I realize 465 is still closed from an earlier accident that morning and all trafic is being directed off the Interstate and onto Meridian Street. This is very bad, and I ended up driving clear out through Broad Ripple and then making my way out to the far North East side from a totally different direction. It took an hour and a half for a normally 15-20 minute trip.

I figure I either need to stop and find a liquor store or an anger management seminar. I get to the new shop show him what I have and the guy has the nerve to be nice? Wow what a surprise! He says oh yeah I can fix that, no problem. It will cost about $150 and you need to get that done every year or two. Now I can also recommend this as well. If you buy this, it is brand new and costs $300, but you'll never have to pay for service again. It includes a lifetime warranty and free parts for life, so just bring it in every year and we'll rebuild it free, so for what you'll pay for service on your old equipment in 2 years would buy new equipment that you won't have to put another dime in as long as you own it. Now guess who is going to get my business? So probably this weekend I will head back to Indy and get that stuff.

It looks like I am done with Doctors for at least another 6 weeks, and I couldn't be happier. I am just so happy it's almost over. YAY!

Well guys I hope you all have a great hump day and Luanne, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as always!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Wednesday

Good morning from beautiful sunny and warm NY . No matter how one feels ,no matter how much one may be ailing ,its wonderful to gaze at a blue sky especially when its not cold outside .Pain tends to lessen on a clear day .

I wish everyone a wonderful wednesday
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning Rollerdonna, Ron, Beenie Weenie, Henry and all who follow!

Yep, it appears that Spring is finally here and if not here in your area, shortly will be.

If you could R/D, post a picture of your precious doggie with it's new "do."

Ron, for various reasons most often revolving around the terms "old fart" and the politically incorrect "cripple," I shall be doing all my yard work from a sitting position aboard my lawn tractor. If it can't be mowed for any reason, then accompanying me on my tractor is my 2 gallon sprayer loaded with quadruple strength weed killer (mixed by yours truly from concentrate heh-heh-heh) and it dies!

B/W, my older sister graduated from Broad Ripple High. I may have mentioned this as well, but is Vonnegut's Hardware still around? I of course never knew him but mother was a friend of Kurt Vonnegut's sister and they used to have to baby sit "...the little monster."

I'm with you a thousand percent on the "pain lessens on a clear day" bit, Henry.

Hope everyone has a bright sunny day (either inside, outside or preferrably, both places) and prayers (especially noting Luanne and Jim) and Blessings for all, continue.

Todd
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Sunshine

Wednesday sunshine, indeed! No rain or threats of it here in CA.

For some reason, it seems like Sunday to me. It ain't, though, and in fact, we hve an appt. this afternoon with the tax CPA. Ugh! Keith says we don't get a refund this year.

That's all that's on the docket today.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Admiral

I'm with you a thousand percent on the "pain lessens on a clear day" bit, Henry.

Thanks , it does so much for me
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Admiral

No sunshine here but very mild temps. A great day for putting up my Easter decor. I have a few windows open and the fresh air is nice. My cats a loving it!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014