Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday, are we all sleeping in?

Morning Mates, I thought I slept in late (it's after 9) but I see I'm still the first to the morning thread!

We had an absolutely AMAZING time last night at the concert in town.
The venue is a fairly large theatre, but this concert took place in the lobby, with a small stage, and about 100 chairs for the audience - a lovely, intimate setting, just perfect for the sort of entertainment.
Gary Fjellgaard is a Canadian singer/songwriter/storyteller, winner of many awards including Junos and Country Music star of the year.
He was joined by good friends Saskia and Darrel De La Ronde, also Canadian singer/songwriter/musicians in the folk/roots style.
Together and separately, they gave us 2 hours of the most beautiful music and harmonies, bringing tears to our eyes, and the whole audience to it's feet in a standing ovation at the end. Wonderful experience!

Today we haven't decided what we are doing yet, but the rtemp is supposed to +11, or low 50'sF, so outdoors sounds like a good idea...
Tonight is Trivia night at the pub, looking forward to seeing our friends.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

donna
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from HOT NY .Its expected to reach 80 today but alas 45 on thursday
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well the sun is shining and though we have a 30% chance of rain today, I think the weatherman's warning of an arctic blast and snow flurries are not going to materialize... It should reach the mid 50's today and I am pretty sure that the outlook for the next 10 days should be upward of freezing.

Over the past couple of days we've planted several dozen Dahlia, Gladiola, Canna and Elephant Ear bulbs. I am hoping it looks good once they pop. If not we can always relocate them somewhere else. I just got back from the neighbor's house. This is my last day cat sitting there as they will be back tonight. I was relieved that the neighborhood stray showed up for feeding this morning. He wasn't around yesterday and I was a little worried about him. Something has been digging through my trash, but I knew it wasn't a dog since it was not pulling stuff out of the can and making a big mess, and I think it has been him, he must have found the fish I threw out a couple of days ago and he was full so he didn't show up yesterday.

The kids are now both awake. D/D just stumbled out here with a mass of long wild looking hair, strongly resembling Cousin It. D/H wandered out a couple hours ago, took his medicine and went right back to bed. He is really tired, so I'll let him sleep in.

I have no plans today. Nothing earth shattering on the agenda. I think I will just stay home and get things in order here.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

I am not one to sleep late. I allready have been out to do a few errands and had the oil changed in my Jeep.
It's a beautifull day here with the temp. to reach the mid seventies for the 4th day in a row. Cooler and wet weather is coming on monday, but we will enjoy the sunny and warm days that we get.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I'm back in Arizona, and we're headed to temps in the 80s today.

I came back Thurs. evening, and it was still nice enough to drive home from the airport with the top down. The Seatrade Conference was quite interesting, though any BIG announcements didn't really materialize. A couple of dust ups on several topics, like the one regarding Alaska that I reported on. But meeting various cruise line representatives was interesting.

Went golfing yesterday, and on the 5th hole I bent down to pick up a golf club and felt a "pop" in my lower back. It's a weak spot, that I have problems with every once in awhile. Got back to the condo, and kept ice on it all night. This morning it's still tight but not as tight, so I am able to move around a bit.

No golf today though. Try and stretch it out and hopefully won't have to go find a Dr. for antiflammatories.
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Roller Donna, Henry, Beenie Weenie, Manuel and to all of our other 'Mates."

Another beautiful day here as well, with highs around 70. I know the boys will be running up at Bristol today in the Nationwide race by tomorrow I'm afraid still looks iffy for the Cup race. Ah well, if necessary I'll just watch it on Monday.

Glad to hear you had such a grand time last night, Rollerdonna and I'm sorry I wasn't there as well.

The stray cat is lucky to have you looking out for him, Beenie Weenie.

Speaking of oil changes Manuel, my "change oil" light is probably due to come on any day.

Hope everyone has a gorgeous and enjoyable Saturday and of course, prayers and blessings continue as usual.

Todd
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from New Orleans..beautiful day..am going to a book signing this afternoon and then home to watch NCAA basketball

my Orangemen won last night so instead of sweating buckets i can sweat teacups as they advance to Sunday
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Today is packing day. Have an early flight to San Juan tomorrow to board the Carnival Victory. Guess I had better get started.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Holy Cow Henry - 80 degrees in NY! I don't expect to see those temps for a good long time yet - perhaps not until my Caribbean cruise in May!

Beenie, I jotted down the flower bulb types you mentioned and plan to get some, but it's still too frosty at night to plant them yet.
I did notice some crocuses popping up yesterday that I didn't know were there. I wonder how many other things will grow that I don't know about?

donna
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday, are We All Sleeping In?

Good morning, everybody. Well, I wanted to sleep in, but Keith is up and running. He's going to the little airport to work on the plane project.

I have nothing earth shaking to do today. Looks to be another warm day, so I might think of something and get out there.

Judy
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Although being retired, I never sleep in. The cat gets ( at least starts trying to ) me up at 7ish no matter what day of the week and from that point on, I may as well get up--she wants her breakfast and won't slack up on me.
My wife still works ( retail--so she works Saturdays ) so I do most of the laundry, cleaning, etc.
On my list today, in addition to what I've already done, I have to clean 3 bathrooms, go to the store, the cleaners, vacuum, iron some clothes if I want something unwrinkled to wear, and per my wife, need to prepare several places in the yard to sow some grass seed.
I may just open my last bottle of Guavaberry Liqueur I got in St. Martin last fall and go on strike this evening !
Sounds better than the above, but the down side to that is I'd just have to do all of the chores tomorrow with a hangover so I guess I'd better get it done today.
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Good evening from, in the 70's, Virginia Beach. Because of the gorgeous weather, garage sale season started in full force. I was out there early, having a ball, seeing what I could find. I did pick up a nice plant and a set of toys for the grandchildren. In the afternoon, Rob and I took a bike ride around the neighborhood. This evening we went out with friends for an early dinner at Smokey Bones. (the $10 coupon was great!) Hope my fellow cruisemates had a great, sunny Saturday!