Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Default What Goes Around May Come Back !!!!

Cunard use to have a deal in the 70's-80's where you would do a 7 day cruise, and in the middle of the cruise, you would spend a week at their Caribbean resort and then reboard the ship the same day a week later (example..Miami arrive in St Lucia on Wednesday, spend a week at the resort, reboard the following Wednesday in St. Lucia and finish your cruise back in Miami)

I'm sure with the sophisticated inventory management systems in place today, a cruise line could team up with a resort time share organization and offer the same thing and call it unique

I noticed the new cameros,mustangs and chargers look like retro 70-80's muscle cars, the cruiselines can't be far behind
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Now that sounds appealing to me....I've always wanted to linger longer in some of the beautiful islands I've visited....

donna
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme

We would love to cruise to Hawaii and linger for a week on one of the islands. I won't fly to Hawaii as I am unable to sit for long stretches without going crazy...sorta like RLS but it is my whole body! I tried the flight twice and ended up hanging around the galley with the flight attendants. My seat mate loved it...had 2 seats to stretch out and sleep.
Marianne
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Banned
Captain

quote Venice: "(example..Miami arrive in St Lucia on Wednesday, spend a week at the resort, reboard the following Wednesday in St. Lucia and finish your cruise back in Miami)"

Now that would be cool. I certainly would pay for something like that... and it would be the best of both worlds. I just hope it's another cruise line besides Cunard....

I wonder if the cruise lines actually get any ideas off these BB's... if so, Venice has some recompense coming...
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Someone is (or was) offering a variation that now in Barbados. You could either board in San Juan (Sundays) or Barbados (Wednesdays) and re-board on same cruise following week. I believe it was just seasonal or a few months a year. May have been P&O. I met some people doing it and it interested me as I love Barbados.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Admiral

love that idea