Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Cruise Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous

Someone I knew years ago, was on a Crystal Cruise, and who was onboard, none other than Regis and Joy Philbin! He said, Regis was approachable, while Joy was a snob.... I have heard on talk shows, or read that a certain celebrity has taken a cruise, but I have never seen one...

Have you ever cruised, with a celebrity, and, I mean other than performers? I have heard, that, when ships select their Godmother, they can cruise free for life..I wonder if they take the line up on it....we all know we would

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Still waiting to meet that elusive celebrity.....if I had a choice, it would be Barry Gibb....

donna
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

In 1987,we sailed to Greece with Neil Sedaka and his family on Sunline's Stella Solaris.

Judy
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Admiral

I have never had the opportunity to cruise, "with the rich and famous". Rob and I tend to pick the mid-price cruise lines where you get "value" for your dollar. I am sure that there are some "well-heeled" people that also cruise on the mid-price cruise lines so that they can "presevere" their wealth.
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

On my first cruise on Carnival Festivale I met Mamie Van Doren. She was very pleasant and gave me her autograph and posed for pictures. I am not sure if she was on our ship or another as we were on a tour when we met her.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain