Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

It wasn't until I was about to type "Rainy Tuesday" that I realized I did that yesterday and today is WEDNESDAY!! Yippee - one day closer to the weekend!
The weather today is exactly the same as yesterday, wet. It's expected to rain all day, with significant accumulation, and judging by the lake-sized puddles on my lawn, I'd say it's well on it's way.....

I am still reeling from the revelations on last night's LOST episode. I won't give anything away in case somebody hasn't seen it, but I do want to say that "Richard" (Nestor Carbonell) deserves an Emmy for that one performance!

Tonight is Trivia night, and I'm ready!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; March 24th, 2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: sp.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD. Where is everyone? Thing are good here in Chicago with mild temps and sunshine. Looking foward to Friday when we leave to spend a week in Florida. Need to clean the house, get cat food and finish the laundry. It's goint to be a great trip, my sister and her family and one of my nices and her family will be joining us as well to visit the big cheese Mickey. Hope everyone has a great day!
I never seen the program Lost but I have friends who love the show.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Captain

I thought I'd be late getting on here but looks like everyone is running behind today. It is a beautiful sunny day here (sorry RD), but it is only for today. Rain coming in tomorrow & Friday so I need to get all the outside stuff done I can today.
I took my grandaughter to school today as she had a special easter egg to carry and was afraid it would get broken while riding the school bus. Her class project for this week was to decorate an egg for display. Her's was cute it looked like our school mascot, a red falcon. Hope it survives the day.
Well, need to get the inside things done so I can head outside for the rest of the day. Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all, its a dreary, cool windy day here in Massachusetts, no rain, YET, maybe just a sprinkle or two. have a great day
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

It's cool and wet here Connecticut, but it's not so bad because there is no snow and the temps are in the fifties.

On another thread we call today wine down wenesday. So you all havs a great day and the weekend will be here before you know it.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
I have a confession to make...I feel really naughty because I slept in today until 8:30. My sleep was sound and uninterrupted and it felt good! I wish that I could sleep like that every night.

D/s survived his first day without crutches and cast yesterday. Today I have some business to attend to. Just paperwork and stuff that has to get done. Then I will be zipping down to the BMV to renew d/h's tags on his car. The kids will start school work here in a few minutes and I also need to go get some groceries.

D/H is all set to drive to Pittsburgh on Sunday to work until Wednesday, he'll drive back and spend that night in Richmond, IN(about a 5 hour drive) then he'll have about an hour or so to drive in to work the next morning. He will be back home Thursday after work. I may go over and meet him for lunch in Indy that day.

I would have booked a flight for him, but talk about a waste of time. It is about 7-8 hours to drive there. Well most of the flights take longer than that to get there because they all stop somewhere like DC or Newark, some Chicago. Then the reasonably priced flights are all leaving at 6:00 a.m., so d/h would have to get up at 3:00 a.m. to arrive in time for the flight. then he wouldn't get there until mid afternoon... The return flights would not get him home until midnight at the earliest. So driving is good! This way he'll have his car there and all will be well.

Well I better get moving, hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........we're still alive & well.......as well as can be........been MIA for awhile I know......life gets in the way........

Spring has sprung here.....mid 60's for today & no rain.....I'll take it....

Hope y'all are well.........have missed ya lots......

Y'all have a great day!!!!

Sharon
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I'm running out of adjectives to describe the beautiful mornings in Scottsdale. Suffice to say it's nice and another gorgeous day in store for us, with temps heading to high 70s.

Got a haircut yesterday, and I realized I am really going to miss the barber I found here. Great haircuts and he only charges $16.

Golfing today with a lady friend from Calgary. I love golfing with her because she is SO good. She was just not quite good enough to make the LPGA tour, so that shows just how good you have to be to play professionally. I know she's going to "beat me like a rented mule".

Then it's dinner out tonight.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from an overcast Texas. We are expecting rain later tonight.

Not much going on here.

Welcome back Sharon. I missed you.

Hope you all have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

Sorry, Donna, but it's not a wet Wednesday here in CA, either. A little chilly, but sunny. Wish we could have one more doozy of a storm, but I don't think that's in the cards. I predict we're done for the season.

Nice to see you posting, Sharon.

Judy
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cold ,windy but very sunny NY .I wish everyone a wonderful wednesday
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Cold and nasty, but we have power

Two days ago, it was sunny and 70 degrees here. Last night, it was snowing and we had 40 plus mph winds with a temp of 22. We were without electricity for most of the night, but the sunrise also brought back electricity. By Friday, we hould be back in the 60's. That's springtime in the Rockies If we don't laugh, we just might cry!!
Aloha