Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Default Chilly Thursday

Morning Mates,
I heard the wind howling all night long, and it seems the rain that was supposed to come with it turned to snow, as we are covered with a dusting of the white stuff once again. It is presently 0C, feels like -8 with the windchill, and that puts us at 17F in this first week of spring.
Glad I didn't plant anything in the garden just yet....

Not much going on today, just my morning swim class then work later in the day. Tonight we are going to see the local Rotary Club put on a show, "42nd Street". It is supposed to be good, I will let you know...

Have a good one!

donna
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well Donna that weather just sounds like ewwww and yuck! It is nasty here too. We should get lots of cold drizzly rain. But I am optimistic tomorrow will be better. I hope so anyway. I am really ready for more springlike weather.

Well I finally got the call to go get our personal taxes at the accountant yesterday. It just makes me sick. But what are ya gonna do.

D/s is still hobbling around. He's sure trying to walk, but says his ankle hurts. I hope there isn't a problem with the implant in there and it's just going to take time to strengthen everything. I have to be patient and not freak out.

Not much else happening here. Just d/s and I are awake, d/h left for work a while ago. The bird is awake and she is chirping. Think I will go get another cup of coffee. The cat has been a very bad girl waking me up all night long, so I put her out of our room and closed the door, so she went down the hall to pester d/s. I guess she thinks if she can't sleep, then no can...Basically she's just like one of the kids, only hairier. I think she is hiding in the laundry room now, taking a nap, I think I will go in there and mess with her and wake her up...

Hope you all have a great day and your weather is better than Donna and I.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Captain

Cloudy morning here. Rain is due to start in the afternoon and last until tomorrow night. We've had our high temp. for the day and it will be dropping as the day goes on. Saying we could see a little wet snow in the morning...hope they are wrong!
I've put the grandaughter on the school bus, got laundry going, and have things in order for the day. Will have to help unload a semi sometime around noon and if they have shorted D/H on any of the product it means I will be making a drive to his supplier warehouse to pick up what was not sent from the main factory. Hoping all comes on the semi.
Need to start getting things ready for a road trip this weekend. Will be going north for 2 square dances, Friday & Sat. night. Are staying overnight in Columbus, Ohio where hubby is meeting up with some friends for a round of golf on Sat. morning. The girls are going to see how much damage we can do at the malls! He plays & I will spend! I want to get to a fabric store, since we have none in our area, to find some material for a couple of new skirts. We have the National Square Dance Convention in Louisville coming up in June and I would like to have some new outfits for it. Got a new pattern a couple of weeks ago and want to try it out.
That's about it for here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Roller Donna, Beenie Weenie, Sue and all yet to throw in their two cents to accompany ours.

While it's going to be mild in the lower 60's, the "Spring Showers" will be hitting this area today and tonight as well.

Turned on the A/C in the car yesterday afternoon for the first time this season and got ambient temperature air out of the events. Sooooo....I gotta' make an appointment with my mechanic.

Glad to hear #1 son has his cast off, B/W. There are probably a zillion reasons why his recovery may take a different schedule this time and I'm sure everything will heal just fine.

This unable to sleep crap has got to stop. I went to bed at 1100 hrs and lay awake until around 0100 so I got up, emptied the dishwasher, wrote my newspaper column and as it was then 0230 hours darktime, I figured I'd go to sleep. No luck, so I got back up at 0315 hrs and around 0430 figured what the hell, I'd have a cup of coffee. Would you believe the coffee acted in the same manner one would expect from something such as nitrous oxide and in fifteen minutes I collapsed into bed, snoring before my head it the pillow and didn't awaken until 0845!

If things don't change soon I'll be forced to resort to the Jack Daniels guaranteed sleep method, aka the Nuclear option!

Hope everyone has a marvelous Thursday, and prayers and Blessings continue for all.

Todd
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny here today..I want warmth now!! I hope Mother Nature is listening!

Both Bruce and I have been poked and prodded lately,to the nth degree..dentists and Drs...and it's not over yet......Bruce will have a knee op in a week or so, and he was told to go in for a sleep study...not so sure that's gonna happen

So, that's all I got make it a good one....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sadly, have to report another perfect weather day in Scottsdale. Temps in the 80s. When will this stop?

Well, it stops in 8 sleeps, when I head back to my northern home.

A "down day" for me today.. waiting for delivery of a new washer/dryer unit. Then will begin getting the condo ready to "lock up".
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cold ,cloudy NY
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default Chilly Thursday

Good morning from cold, overcast Southern CA. Sure is schizoid weather.

I was up at 6, went back to bed and didn't wake up til 9:15! Oh well, nothing to look forward to except ironing.

I've been looking at hotels in Vancouver. Wow, they're expensive. Anybody out there ever stayed there? Got any recommendations?

Anybody out there know what happened to Phyl? We haven't heard from her in a while. Hope she's okay.

Judy
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
First Mate

We have stayed out near the airport in Vancouver which is OK if you have a car. Rates are so much more reasonable than downtown.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Chilly and very windy here in “The Windy City” so windy part of our fence in now in the garage after our neighbor called and told us to look out our dining room window.:oJust want we needed the day before we leave for vacation. Oh well what can you do. Florida is sounding pretty good right now! Have a great week everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014