Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Default We made it to Saturday!

Well Roller Donna, it's about 0155 hrs. darktime EDT and like you say you often do as well, I'm up sitting here like an idiot in front of the computer screen so I thought I'd open up this morning. I know its your "job" so please forgive me. If I don't do it now, I'll probably not get around to it until tomorrow evening.

Hope you have a beautiful weekend up there in Pictou and just think, you'll soon be on your cruise! Don't worry, you'll soon have another job. Things up there aren't as bad as they are here in the lower forty-eight.

If he's posted, I haven't seen where Henry wrote about what his third referral doctor said. You're on my prayer list, wherever you are Henry.

Also hope your son will be more ambulatory with less pain this weekend, Beenie Weenie. Where do you get all your energy, B/W? You must down gallons of coffee every day. Remember gal, some day it's all going to come to a screeching halt and boy, will you get used to that in a hurry!

Luanne and Jim, you also remain on our prayer list and while there will certainly be many "bumps in the road," I think you both are doing marvelously in your recovery following the most tragic event any parent could ever face.

Gonna' take Frances to Johnson City this morning and we're gonna' join all those folks driving Beamers, Mercedes and Cadillacs and have a roll and coffee at one of two "preppie bakeries." It's a riot to watch people park anywhere except next to my '01 Grand Am. You talking about ruining the neighborhood!

Hope this finds everyone in good health and happiness and Fran and I wish all 'o you'uns a fantastic weekend!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Admiral

Todd..I'm really beginning to worry about both yours and my sleeping pattern..we both have alot on our minds

01 Gram Am heh ? one of my favorite cars was the 64 GTO ..always wanted one (to catch the girls)
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well Todd I basically didn't get much done yesterday aside from do school with the kids in the morning, then I hopped in the truck dropped them off at a Birthday Party at the sitter's house, then headed out to have a nice lunch at a new Italian place in Champaign, then off to Prairie Gardens which is a pretty nifty landscape/lawn/garden shop. I picked up some seeds, watermelon, tomatoes, petunias etc... and a real nice hibiscus bush, along with some very pretty potted primrose plants. Came home, did a little work, faxed off some contracts, opened the mail, then picked up the kids. Planted some of the seeds in a little incubator thingy that I bought last year, but never used. Went outside to dump the ashes out of the BBQ and gossiped with the neighbor a little. Then grilled some ribeyes and veggies. I bought some of these huge red bell peppers at the grocery the other day for 99 cents each and they are so good when you coat them with a little garlic and olive oil and roast them out on the BBQ. I also threw some onion and portabello mushrooms on the fire too. The more the merrier. After dinner d/d and I took a walk down to the end of the lane while d/s accompanied us on his bike. Stopped by another neighbor's house and got the scoop on the days events from yet another neighbor. So all is well on the lane.

D/S is improving daily. He is riding his bike again without any major thrills and spills. He just needs to strengthen that calf muscle again. Everyday seems to get a little better.

Speaking of coffee Todd, I wish I could draw on coffee for energy. Unfortunately I find that after drinking more than 2 cups I start to hyperventilate, and feel like I can't get a full breath. I had noticed this breathing issue for quite a while and thought perhaps I was developing asthma, or maybe it was my allergies, then I finally realized that I am just very sensitive to stimulants and caffeine is what was causing it. So as long as I don't over indulge I do fine. I have never tried stuff like Red Bull or any of those drinks with extra stuff like that because I think it would put me in the hospital. For the present time I am just trying to stay busy and get my weight down as I do enjoy food a bit too much... But right now if someone told me to haul ass, I am afraid I might have to make two trips !

This morning I decided to use some of the coffee from the Dominican Republic they gave me at the Travel Show. It's pretty good stuff.

Today d/h is supposed to go get his oil changed. I may take his car in for him so he can hang out here and study because he is prepping for the class that he is teaching next week in Pittsburgh. Which reminds me I need to book a hotel room for him somewhere along the Indiana/Ohio border to stay in Wednesday night, so he isn't driving so much that night.

My Mom wants to see the kiddos today, so I figure some time this afternoon I will take them over there to hang out for a while. I really need to get this house straightened up, but I think it will have to wait until tomorrow. My sister is coming to color easter eggs with the kidlets so that will keep them busy so I might get something done...for a change .

Luanne, I read your post yesterday, and my heart just aches for you. I know there isn't a darned thing any of us can do to take the pain away, but I just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and I so admire your strength and resilience. Even though I know you probably don't feel strong and resilient at this time...you have come so far. Hang in there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates,
Todd, I appreciate you starting the morning thread, as it's the weekend and I slept in! You are welcome to start it any day you want, it is not my personal domain, it's just that we're an hour ahead in time, and I'm usually up for work...
I can identify with your insomnia. I used to suffer something awful with it, but it's been much better since moving to the country. I still have the occasional night, maybe once a week, where I am up reading a book at 2 am, but It's much better than it once was!

Beenie, you do have such busy days, but I guess if I think back to when my kids were the ages of yours, I was the same. Things are a lot calmer now....

Yesterday started off with + temps and rain. By the time I left for work, we were in the middle of a full fledged blizzard! Snow and blowing snow, sleet, wind, freezing temps, it was a nasty weather day, and we are now completely covered in a blanket of white once again.
Last Saturday I was sitting out on the balcony in shorts. This week, it's back to the winter coat and boots, and -6C. Brrrr!
I am really ready for that cruise SOON!

No big plans today. One of the schools I work at is having a "Spring Fair" so I thought I would drop by and support them.
Then it will be an early supper and out to Trivia Night at the pub, always a great time!

Luanne, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well....

donna
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and kicking. I've heard through the grapevine that some of you were asking, and it warms my heart to know that I am missed. I want you to know that I am really struggling with what is happening to our country, and I have been putting a lot into staying informed on what is happening on that front and doing what I can.

My heart and prayers continue to go out for many of you. Luanne, I am praying for you and your family. I know none of us can take your pain away, but hopefully it helps to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care everyone. (((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Phyll
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisematea

I am another one with lousy sleeping habits. I have spent many nights in front of the tv in the wee hours of the morning.
But I must say that since I retired 9 months ago things have improved quite a bit. Most nights I am able to get a good night's sleep and if I don't I usually take a nap.

I wish you all a nice weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny but freezing NY .29 degrees but it feels like 16
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone. Do you know that I actually feel guilty telling all of you my troubles? I want so much to have something good to say each day.

We are trying to make it through the day......
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning all! I should say afternon I guess as it is nearly 2:00 now. I am at work and we just got back from lunch at Long John Silver. I always know what I am going to have for lunch when I work at this house. Mark loves his LJS . Tomorrow we are going with the residents of another house to Parkesdale Farms for strawberry shortcake. It is always a fun thing to do. The weather here in central Florida is beautiful sunny as Florida is famous for and warm with gentle breezes. A perfect shorts and flip flops day.
Even though I don't check in as much as I used to all of you are still in my thoughts. Life has gotten busy since I decided to retire. I think I got the concept of retirement wrong. I am supposed to slow down and stop working. Now I am working at 3 jobs not 2. Life is a cruise ship and I am glad to be on it.
Have a great day folks.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 27th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

It hasn't been the greatest week for me. On Tuesday morning a very good friend of mine died suddenly from a brain aneurysm. He was 52 and a great guy. The best way to describe him is: Larry the Cable Guy with 142 IQ and a PhD in Electrical Engineering. I worked with him, in Birmingham, a number of years ago and he and our families became good friends even though we were 1500 miles apart and talked weekly and saw each other two or three times a year. He was just up for last month's ice fishing trip. We went down for Thursday's funeral and got back yesterday.

We returned to a stove that was no longer working properly. The cost to fix it was $700. So we went out yesterday and purchased a new convection stove and OTR Convection microwave. It can't be delivered until the middle of next week so I'll have to use the canning stove in the garage or live off of sandwiches and take-out.

I hope everyone is doing good. I haven't had too much sleep in the last five days so I'll be catching up on it today. I think a rare (voluntary) afternoon nap is in order. The kids will be coming over tomorrow for four days so I better be rested and refreshed for them. Or I could give them some of the "special" orange juice and just take it easy.

Have a great weekend,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Mike,

So very sorry to hear about your friend. It's so hard when folks are young and 52 is young! It's especially rough when it's so sudden. That's the way my twin went, totally unexpectedly two days after our 46th birthday back in '93. "Snap" and he was gone.

As for the little ones, back when I was that age I undoubtedly GOT the "special" organge juice!

tODD